• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I ask you for a favour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Muldav said:
You guys seem even more retarded than the posts you make...

THERE WILL BE AN OPEN EUROPEAN BETA OF WOW THE 26TH OF NOVEMBER THAT WILL BE RUNNING UNTIL THE DATE OF RELEASE FOR WOW IN EUROPE!!! AND FOR FREE

That should make some people read other posts than Darky's
I don't give a s**t about a free European beta. I want to play with my online buddies, most of which are from the US. And besides, I feel disrespected by Blizzard because they give out lame reasons for this decision such as differing languages; I'm from the UK and we invented english.

TheGreatNoob said:
Stop whining guys!

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/press/041122.shtml

If you still don’t see it I'll quote it:

Quote:
For those European gamers still wishing to play with their American friends on the North American servers, and vice versa, Blizzard will provide a means to make this possible after the European launch.

Which proves this thread and this discussion pointless.

TGN
No it doesn't. 'after the European launch'. Great, we might get a chance to play with characters far lower in level than our friends in 3-6 months. Charming.

Blizzard, burn in Hades.

Level 1
35263526 said:
No it doesn't. 'after the European launch'. Great, we might get a chance to play with characters far lower in level than our friends in 3-6 months. Charming.

Blizzard, burn in Hades.

Yes it does because neither your post or this thread will make them change decisions. And just to let you know it is not 3-6 but 2 months and the use of "might" is highly inappropriate because you will get a chance to play with your friends. And that is indeed charming.

Level 1
May I remind you all that it's just a game for christ's sake...

Once again, it's proven that Blizzard are in control of what's going on. They are a reliable company with years of experience, and a will to satisfy their customers. All those people who say "I hate Blizzard" are decieving themselves, they obviously must love Blizzard because they care so much about their games.

In the end, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. From my experience of WCIII, most Americans are actually complete jerks - they flame you, cheat, call people noob for no reason, brag about winning, whinge about losing, and so on. The few nice people there are the Australians and New Zealanders who use the server, and occasionally an American or a Canadian. If you really want to make friends with jerks, then to me it's no suprise that you make all this fuss about Blizzard.

Level 2
Belcarius said:
All those people who say "I hate Blizzard" are decieving themselves, they obviously must love Blizzard because they care so much about their games.
I do love Blizzard's games, but I'd angry because I feel betrayed by them after my 10 years of fandom.

Belcarius said:
In the end, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. From my experience of WCIII, most Americans are actually complete jerks - they flame you, cheat, call people noob for no reason, brag about winning, whinge about losing, and so on. The few nice people there are the Australians and New Zealanders who use the server, and occasionally an American or a Canadian. If you really want to make friends with jerks, then to me it's no suprise that you make all this fuss about Blizzard.
People from Europe can be jerks too. My friends are not the standard morons, which is why I like them. I don't want to be forced to make new 'non-jerky' European friends, because my buddies are non-disposable.

Level 1
My personal feelings on it..

For me, i disagree totally with blizzard's later release on european market (even though it may be due to the extensive languages that will be required for mass marketing in europe and abroad), but i'm not against restricting the markets by landmass, if not just for the simple language barriers that exist. One remedy that would be plausible but not practical, is a universal translator.. but anyone who's used a translator will tell you they aren't always consistant and consise, which would make things unclear at times, and possibly might bring about issues.

It will save blizzard a ton of resources being that in order to properly answer a german player who pages, they would need a german CSR, as well as a french CSR, and a... you get the idea.. yes they will need those.. but honestly which is easier to find.. a german speaking german or an american who speaks german? I think you can see where i'm going with this. In europe it will be easier to find native speakers, and thus give YOU the better customer service you deserve. Remember Blizzard doesn't do the half-assed things that most companies do. When they do something they make sure its right before putting the product out. If you have to wait 6 more months for a quality product, then i would rather wait. I'd say the same if i was on your end. I mean, how long have we been waiting for Starcraft: Ghost?? Yep, still waiting, and i'll wait until its polished and buy it because its a POLISHED game i've come to expect from ONLY Blizzard. When is the last time you bought a game from Blizzard that sucked? I don't have a time, do you?

I'm upset at the fact that you won't be able to join us, mainly due to having more than a few friends from europe, and china who i speak to (threw use of an online translator and personal learning skills.. Chinese is HARD!!!!) on a semi regular basis (China is of course 12 hours off my time and is difficult to stay awake long enough to chat.) Anyway, i'm almost ready to release my first map for warcraft 3.. hope someone likes it. :D

CTM

CTM

Level 2
I don't know if Blizzard replied, but I received a reply from them. It doesn't seem as bad as we thought I guess.

Because we cannot guarantee a positive gaming experience for users connecting to
servers outside their region, we are not initially permitting users from outside
North America to play on the North American servers upon release.

In other words, players in one region of the world will not be able to play on
alternate regions at the launch of the game. We do plan on adding this
functionality in at a later time, but unfortunately do not have specific information
on subscription policies or when this will happen. Customers will need a North
American Version of the game, North American Billing Address and North American
Payment Method. International Credit Cards outside of North America will not work.

From Nick S. , Billing & Account Representative, Blizzard Entertainment

blank.gif

Level 6
Re: My personal feelings on it..

Creatives50 said:
It will save blizzard a ton of resources being that in order to properly answer a german player who pages, they would need a german CSR, as well as a french CSR, and a... you get the idea.. yes they will need those.. but honestly which is easier to find.. a german speaking german or an american who speaks german? I think you can see where i'm going with this. In europe it will be easier to find native speakers, and thus give YOU the better customer service you deserve. Remember Blizzard doesn't do the half-assed things that most companies do. When they do something they make sure its right before putting the product out.
Does this mean that I will get customer service in Finnish, too? Why would they provide customer service in Finnish, if the game is all English (there is no Finnish localization) and thus you need to know English if you are to play the game?

Lord_Duke

L

Lord_Duke

just wondering..where on a site does it say the euro beta will last until the european release of the game?

Level 1
Re: My personal feelings on it..

Tommi said:
Creatives50 said:
It will save blizzard a ton of resources being that in order to properly answer a german player who pages, they would need a german CSR, as well as a french CSR, and a... you get the idea.. yes they will need those.. but honestly which is easier to find.. a german speaking german or an american who speaks german? I think you can see where i'm going with this. In europe it will be easier to find native speakers, and thus give YOU the better customer service you deserve. Remember Blizzard doesn't do the half-assed things that most companies do. When they do something they make sure its right before putting the product out.
Does this mean that I will get customer service in Finnish, too? Why would they provide customer service in Finnish, if the game is all English (there is no Finnish localization) and thus you need to know English if you are to play the game?

If Finnish isn't spoken abroad in the world, I'm sorry.. really am. I've heard of it before, but chances are they do the most commonly used languages.. I'm not defending them beyond making a point. Don't take offense or anything. As it was not my intention to stiffle another language, nor did I say it at any point, was simply making a point that they will hire tech support for Europe, and I think you understand that. To the best of my knowledge, if there is a localized version you will have language support. If you get enough people to send in purchase orders for a finnish version, then I'm willing to bet it would happen.. but it would have to be enough to be worth the money, and I'm not a market manager, but it would have to be over 100k i'm thinking, to cover costs of doing it. I could be wrong on that, but i'm willing to bet it would cost that and possibly more, just to break even.

Lord_Duke

L

Lord_Duke

i fail to see an open beta or any indication of one,muldav :(

Level 9
Hmm... U said that they release for US and Asia?
Which part of Asia do you mean?

Singaporeans, Malaysians cannot get to play. I emailed the WoW and ask them if my regions could buy WoW to play or not. They replied as below:

[email protected]
At this time we have no details on what region will include
Malaysia/Singapore. At this point it appears it will be shortly after the Europe
launch which is scheduled to happen early next year. The reason I say
shortly after the Europe launch is because we will be allowing
customers from any location to play World of Warcraft on any server shortly
after Europe launches. Hope this clears up any confusion and I would
suggest you continue to watch http://www.blizzard.com and
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

For world wide, we had to wait till european WoW release -_-" So unfair! I thought it is MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) & yet they release for such a few region and restrict so many others -_-"

Well... we had to wait...
- Jeff

Lord_Duke

L

Lord_Duke

they emailed me back saying not long after release you can choose to play on any server,the streict server rules are only during the first month or so of release...til tey see how many they get online and the like.

Level 11
Darky28 said:
For all World of Warcraft fans.

As some of you might know, blizzard releases WOW at 23rd november 2004 in Asia and North America.
Europe and the rest of the World must wait another 4-6 months for "their" release of the localized WOW servers.
The bad marketing thing is, they DONT allow european People to play on the US servers.
Read this:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=385040

I also called Blizzard by Phone telling them I never bought localized Blizzard Software and always played the original US versions of their Games.
For WOW they told me I cannt do a ****.. only thing to do is buying localized software in 4-6 months.

I now encourage all you people here on this site to express their disagreement whit that policy and write emails to:
[email protected]
complaining about the unfair threatment.
Remember this... a MMORPG is there too meet new people and get online friends.
How can you meet new foreign people when they are all shut out and kept separated?

What would you think if i'd restrict www.wc3sear.ch to only germany, austria and switzerland... and tell you ya all need to wait 4-6 months for the lokalized versions of the page for you....
And shut out all foreign people by IP range block.

You'd propably think I consumed some drugs which were not good for me...

So please... all visitors of this page and wow fans who disagree with that policy (also US habitants are invited to complain) please write an email to blizzard and complain.

Alone we cannt do nothing... but if a huge community complains it might fetch an ear there.

Thank you for your time

Darky28

well i live in canada, and my comps too slow to run WoW, but i'll complain , and lol darky your pretty funny

Status
Not open for further replies.