• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Error v1.0

160036-albums4747-picture94638.png

Art by Pharaoh_

v1.0

Introduction

Cinematic Contest #5 : Fantasy Weds Modern entry. Cinematic about calamitious discovery made by archaeologists.

Map is unprotected, feel free to do with it whatever you want.

Development period: 2014-09-23 - 2014-10-24

Story

A group of archaeologists dicovers a hidden ancient tomb entrance beneath the sands of Egypt.

Credits

Voice acting, model editing, sound editing: APproject

Music:

Ancient Egyptian Music - Pharaoh Ramses II
Song of the Pharaohs
Mesektet - Forgotten Tomb
Sjellos - Her Dark Shadow
Otavan Veret - III
Kenji Kawai - Pacific Attack

Sound Effects:

pond5.com

WcUnderground Models:

Vexiant
Sanistra
Henry
F@ll
Daerone
Blackstorm

Hiveworkshop Models:

skrab
Illidan(Evil)X
Fingolfin
Kofi_Banan
spong3bob
Deolrin
xorkatoss
nGy
Chriz.
diosilva16
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
sunwarrior25
Nbah
Tr!KzZ
tobyfat50

XGM Models:

Reinless

Wc3C Models:

Illidan(evil)x

Chaosrealm Skins:

Firstlegacy

Chaosrealm Models:

Sanistra

The Helper Models:

WindexIsBack

Preview

CAXejv9.png

6zKgUvA.png

wNY4SQ1.png

Keywords:
Human Error, Human, Error, Cinematic, Fantasy, Magic, Egypt, Mythology, Contest, APproject, Egyptian.
Contents

Human Error v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:55, 4th Apr 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Approved based off of SF's review.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

A great cinematic, good work :)

Level 21
TERRAIN

The terrain was really magnificent! It was impressive to see the research area so well done with all that doodads you've put wisely. The sand and dirt tiles you used really mixed well and give the feeling of a real desert. The tomb then was extraordinary. It really makes you feel of an archaic and insidious tomb with all those ancient statues, walls and other old objects. I guess that the tomb cannot be done better than it is now. Overall the whole terrain was outstanding and I have nothing else to say about it.

STORY AND CINEMATIC ISSUES

The cinematic has an intriguing story which makes you ask "What will happen next?" The sound effects and the music were fantastic. The voice acting was definitely an amazing addition to make me know the feelings of the character. Although I felt that the voices did not convey very well the characters' emotions, they were decent enough. I'm astonished how you manipulated the animation of all characters. Seeing the characters moving their lips and arms while talking was unbelievable. Furthermore, when the characters entered the tomb, it was really awesome. It was so dark and louring that the watcher you can feel it's creepy in there. The way the torches enlight the path and the sudden lightening up of braziers were majestic features. The only thing that concerned me was that the cinematic developed slowly. The characters kept moving at a slow pace and that was a bit boring. Why not making them a bit faster? However, other than that, I must admit that the story evolved well and the cinematic proceeded smoothly

OTHER ISSUES

Now I'd like to draw your attention to some little details. I was disappointed to see some supernatural events throughout the cinematic. For example, in the very beginning, the car movement was strange and awkward. It seemed like a toy car controlled by an invisible hand. Besides, some of the researchers on the digging site in front of the door were immobile like statues. Then, when the massive boulder fell on Eric, I expected him to be squashed and to see some blood but I just saw that guy playing his death animation as if nothing fell on him. Some of his body was inside the boulder if you look well at that scene. In addition, it was ridiculous to see how the fiery part of the torch held by William touched the hand of Eric. Finally, one of the monsters in the final scene passed from Anubis like a ghost as he managed to pass through his legs by colliding with them.

OVERALL RESULT

This cinematic is simply excellent and of high-quality. The issues I pointed out are really minor and ignorable so I am happy to give this cinematic 4.75/5 and vote for APPROVAL!

Level 2
The story didn't appeal to me that much, it was fast and rather cliched. Also the dialogs seemed too simple and tedious. Apart from those, the visual effects, terrain, models, camera, and other stuff were outstanding. Good job.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Heavily inspired by "The Mummy" movie series.

The voice acting is not great and it mostly feels like it's heard from a bathroom, sewer or someplace.

It doesn't really follow historical elements. Pharaohs were buried with treasures believing they'll take them to the other world. It wasn't their gods who created that legend and it wasn't them who protected pharaoh treasures. So, the message of greed doesn't really work in this story.
If you really want to send an interesting message related to ancient architectures and treasures, try creating a cinematic scene about Palmyra being destroyed.

Other than those, there's artistic value in what the camera placing, lightness & sound ambiance are concerned.

Level 31
You look quite demanding, especially when you have nothing to show of your own work. You should do a little research and check the theme of the cinematic contest, you also seem to lack basic knowledge about mythology itself, let alone you did not get it what really happened in the cinematic. Anubis is deemed as the protector of graves, not the protector of treasures, he did not appear to save the gold, but to punish those, who invaded the sacred tomb, which mythologically makes sense, nothing to do with history here.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You look quite demanding, especially when you have nothing to show of your own work. Anubis is deemed as the protector of graves, not the protector of treasures, he did not appear to save the gold, but to punish those, who invaded the sacred tomb, which mythologically makes sense, nothing to do with history here.
Why the hate!?

I did not demand anything from you. I was just giving you a suggestion of an interesting theme to look forward too, that's all. I really had no idea this was a cinematic scene for a contest. I didn't read the description on Hive as I've seen it on your Youtube channel. Anyways, the message I got from that video was about man and greed and what greed can lead to (death, destruction etc.). The calamity at the end is just that, the end. It doesn't portray the overall theme, that, by the way, shows the bad character of people/humans.

I assume you're referring to Warcraft III related resources, hmm? I have other things to offer, you know, just don't be blind about it.

Anubis' role was that of what you've said, but it wasn't his only role. Mythology isn't constant especially with time. And yes, it has something to do with history. You know, pyramids, tombs, ancient Egyptian architecture and pharaohs are not a myth.

That's how most people are though, first, they only see the bad in what others have to say.

Level 31
There is no hate at all. By saying "demanding" I was referring to your rating, because to this sense 60-70% of entire Hive's cinematic database should get rejected.

Music and StarCraft got nothing to do with WC3, therefore I said you got nothing to show of your own work as in comparison, because I would like to see something much better than this average cinematic.

I never said it was his only role, nor does it matter if he has more roles. What matters is that Anubis has or had this role in egyptian mythology, it is his very early role which is more important than later roles when religion evolved in my opinion.
It doesn't really follow historical elements. Pharaohs were buried with treasures believing they'll take them to the other world. It wasn't their gods who created that legend and it wasn't them who protected pharaoh treasures.
That's what you said above. I said Anubis appeared not to protect the treasure, it just were humans who went after it. So what exactly is historically wrong with tombs, architecture and pharaohs in this cinematic? Yes, I did touch it in my own way when I was making terrain, because it was not an exact recreation of already existing tomb.

Level 7