• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Crossbowman

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Wc3 always felt like it could use more crossbows

Has two attack animation variants: with and without cocking lever, former being slower and latter faster
Bolt missile model included

you have my permission to use or modify this model however you see fit as long as you give credit
Previews
Contents

arbalesticon (Icon)

Human Crossbowman (Model)

crossboltmissile (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Some Sanity Checker issues are still left and the model is lacking a collision shape. Please fix them.
Level 1
Great come back gluma, I love your art style and would really like if you ever made some models for bug like creatures.

I would hire you full time to make this kind of high quality models if I had the money.
But you already work for an animation company.
This is the first time we get a great & realistic crossbowman model !
All we should do is to force Gluma to sign a lifetime contract to become Hive's modeler slave 😐

Level 32
I've always loved crossbowman models. This is the best one yet!

The only thing I'm not sure about is the sword since it leads to some clipping and its gem is maybe a little too eye-catching? Confused me visually for a moment
I allowed myself some clipping since vanilla models often have issues like that, but it may actually pop out too much here yes

Level 5
Read my mind. I was thinking there is not enough crossbows, like how in Warcraft 1 they were a basic unit of their army and afterward they are just nowhere to be seen. With that being said, we can always use more crossbow.

Level 18
Hey there.

Like everyone else, I really like the model, the animation etc.

One thing that wasn't pointed out though is that it has another awesome quality: it stands out from above.

What I mean is that it seems to be designed for a RTS view (which seems pretty logical for Warcraft 3) and it looks really different from the other units at this camera angle.

This is a quite rare quality for "ranged riflemen variations" which typically all look alike.

A very well executed model which keeps in mind the needs and constraints of RTS games.

Awesome!

Level 32
Hey there.

Like everyone else, I really like the model, the animation etc.

One thing that wasn't pointed out though is that it has another awesome quality: it stands out from above.

What I mean is that it seems to be designed for a RTS view (which seems pretty logical for Warcraft 3) and it looks really different from the other units at this camera angle.

This is a quite rare quality for "ranged riflemen variations" which typically all look alike.

A very well executed model which keeps in mind the needs and constraints of RTS games.

Awesome!
yeah I had that in mind

also technically its a footman variation

Level 3
Hope you one day make enough units to make an entire faction, it'd be cool to see a "realistic/'historical' medieval map" or something like that