• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crossbowman Lordaeron

Lordaeron's crossbowman himself. Armed with a crossbow with tension mechanism type "goat's leg", and also a shield!(Karl!) The model has three additional animations with a shield (among others).

For the correct operation of the animation I recommend to use the following values:
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point 2.367
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point 0.267
Combat - Attack 1 - Cooldown Time 2.36
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Speed 1700
Combat - Attack 1 - Weapon Type Missile (Line)
Art - Projectile Launch - X 12.03
Art - Projectile Launch - Y 20.00
Art - Projectile Launch - Z 67.00

Update:

01.08.2019 Last UPDATE
- The symbol "L" is displayed correctly from any angle ( For the cinematic )
- Removed unused materials and textures
- Small fix

- Small fix
- Added alternative models
- Changed the icon

- Added HQ symbol of Lordaeron "L"

- Fixed bug with shield appearing behind your back(during attack in "Defend" mode")
- Restored the attachment points at the elbows in a model with light armor.
- Added model without shield in heavy and light armor.
- Changed the position of the hand when charging the crossbow in the animation "Attack - 1" and "Attack Defend

- Update Icon

- Added animation "Attack Defend" "Stand Defend" "Walk Defend".
- Re-textures of beard
- Small changes in model geometry.
- Added TC to shoulder pads.
- Added an alternative version of the model in light armor. [/COLOR]
Contents

BTNCrossbowman Lordaeron_Alter (Icon)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Heavy (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Heavy_Alter (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Heavy_Alter_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Heavy_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Icon (Icon)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Light (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Light_Alter (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Light_Alter_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Light_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Medium (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Medium_Alter (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Medium_Alter_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Medium_L (Model)

Crossbowman Lordaeron_Missile (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
An amazing pack of models. Very well made and executed. Great job.
Level 24
What is not working? Im using the model and thought it was fine
If you use the standard ability to "Defend" (footman)
When the attack animation is played in the "Attack Defend" mode, everything is fine, but as soon as the unit begins to move in the "Walk Defend" the following happens, for a short period of time the animation "Stand Ready" is turned on and returns the shield behind the back. Followed by the animation "Walk Defend" and "Stand Defend" as it should be.
If you know how to fix it please tell me.

Level 6
If you use the standard ability to "Defend" (footman)
When the attack animation is played in the "Attack Defend" mode, everything is fine, but as soon as the unit begins to move in the "Walk Defend" the following happens, for a short period of time the animation "Stand Ready" is turned on and returns the shield behind the back. Followed by the animation "Walk Defend" and "Stand Defend" as it should be.
If you know how to fix it please tell me.

I have no idea of how to fix it. But i did small tests these days and didnt notice that bug, i just checked it right now and u are right, but its like a "microsec" xD. I will keep using ur model. If u fix it, great, but if u cant... Is not such a great deal, i mean, u need to be staring at the unit to notice it, in the middle of a fight im not sure if u will notice it.

I would recommend u to not get mad with it or waste time working vainly on it. Ask others how to fix it and work on it only when u have an answer or u figured out how to solve it. Meantime dont worry, the model is cool and unique anyways. Maybe is imposible to fix and thats the reason why never there were a crossbowman like this one xD

Greetings :)

Level 24
I have no idea of how to fix it. But i did small tests these days and didnt notice that bug, i just checked it right now and u are right, but its like a "microsec" xD. I will keep using ur model. If u fix it, great, but if u cant... Is not such a great deal, i mean, u need to be staring at the unit to notice it, in the middle of a fight im not sure if u will notice it.

I would recommend u to not get mad with it or waste time working vainly on it. Ask others how to fix it and work on it only when u have an answer or u figured out how to solve it. Meantime dont worry, the model is cool and unique anyways. Maybe is imposible to fix and thats the reason why never there were a crossbowman like this one xD

Greetings :)
I have good news, I fixed this bug. Wait for update.

Level 3
Love it! Amazing Job on the Animation, especially. Absolutley stunning.

Could oyu maybe do me a favor and upload a Model where you exchange this Head with your Footman or Handgunner Head?
I like the more generic feel of fully enclosed Helmets, this magnificent beard makes him look like hero

Level 6
While doing some tests in my map, where i use this model, i watched funny how the crossbowman portrait talks (as any w3 footman) but then his mouth does something like... "small talking". Like if he were saying: "mimimimi" xDDD

Level 2
Hi! I just tried the Crossbowman_Light_No shield model. Is it my fault not setting up properly, or the missile is really weird after shooting? I mean, the soldier fires the bolt, and it flies up then mid-way it ''brokes'' and heads down. The bolt should fly in a straight line, but it doesn't. I also used the settings you adviced to use, but it doesnt help.

Level 24
Hi! I just tried the Crossbowman_Light_No shield model. Is it my fault not setting up properly, or the missile is really weird after shooting? I mean, the soldier fires the bolt, and it flies up then mid-way it ''brokes'' and heads down. The bolt should fly in a straight line, but it doesn't. I also used the settings you adviced to use, but it doesnt help.
Isn't that how it works for you?
Here's the map

Attachments

• Attack.gif
    Attack.gif
    10.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 111111111111.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
Level 2
Ye I imagined it will work like that, but it doesn't. Damn, I dont know what did I wrong now :D. Basically I wanted to create a new unit for map, but since this model isnt part of original warcraft 3, i created a campaign bowman, then imported your model and modified stats. I think the problem might be with the Bolt model. where do you import it exactly?

Level 24
Ye I imagined it will work like that, but it doesn't. Damn, I dont know what did I wrong now :D. Basically I wanted to create a new unit for map, but since this model isnt part of original warcraft 3, i created a campaign bowman, then imported your model and modified stats. I think the problem might be with the Bolt model. where do you import it exactly?
Abilities\Weapons\Crossbowman Lordaeron_Missile\LordaeronCrossbowmanMissile.mdl

Level 3
I applaud you for the Inclusion of a close-helmeted Crossbowman. Fantastic.

Now.

Asssssvi

Are you done? Is this it? I *love* this Rework. But is this it, now?
Because I'd like it to be xD
I have to constantly re-download the new and improved version, and it is harshing my flow, yo.

Kidding of course, just wondering if you'll ever consider this "DONE".
Like, whats your goal?

Level 24
I applaud you for the Inclusion of a close-helmeted Crossbowman. Fantastic.

Now.

Asssssvi

Are you done? Is this it? I *love* this Rework. But is this it, now?
Because I'd like it to be xD
I have to constantly re-download the new and improved version, and it is harshing my flow, yo.

Kidding of course, just wondering if you'll ever consider this "DONE".
Like, whats your goal?
Let's hope this is the final version)

Level 6
All models are good and useful. On the other hand, if I could advise you something: You would have to make more variations between the "Light", "Medium" and "Heavy". From the camera point of warcraft 3, the difference is almost invisible. You almost never see the chest of a unit, especially since your models are slightly curved and their back is hidden by the shield. So there would have to be changes at other points on the unit.