1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Huge Project Which I may be in over my head on!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by aussj5link, Dec 9, 2014.

1. aussj5link

aussj5link

Resources:
    Resources:
    That may be a good idea. I just figure if nothing, at least building the map has been fun so far. Sucks that I'm having trouble make it look quite as good as I had hoped but even still, it looks better the more I work on it IMO. I honestly think what's going to happen is that I'm going to finish the terrain, or at least get to a suitable point, and then my progress will halt due to not knowing how to work all the triggers and what not I will need.

You are probably right, I think I will hold this project to the side a little bit and work on something I might be able to finish better. I might take up my old idea with the Melee vs Hero War thing and see if I can get that to work. I will however, continue to work on this map on the side and will still post updates.

2. Zunariel

Zunariel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you need a good blue post for triggering open world in wc3 I can recommend my campaign (;D) it is not protected and you can check all the triggers if you like.

3. aussj5link

aussj5link

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doooooodads! What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Honestly I dislike Blizzard Cliffs (better try to make the whole terrain submerged in deep water first and use the raise tool for land, just personal preference).

I really like the Warcraft-ish look you made. Keep going :)

5. ldragogode297

ldragogode297

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I terrain maps I make it all start with shallow water.

6. aussj5link

aussj5link

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Yeah, I realized after I was pretty far in that I should have started the map under water and simply raised the land up without the cliff tool and I just decided to go with it. Now I'm wondering if I should start with a new map anyway and this time do it under water, it's just starting over that is putting me off from it lol

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you understood me wrong. I wasn't suggesting that you NOT make a Warcraft 3 Map, simply that you make a world of your own. You listed the parts of WoW that you enjoy, which makes sense, but why not implement similar systems in a world of your own? You don't have to mimic WoW exactly to (realistically) make an enjoyable experience.