• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open my Custom Campaign in World Edit nor ingame

Level 4
Hello,
I've been working on this campaign for a couple of months now. Yesterday I did a lot of work on it and saved it, then closed my computer. I tried to open it this morning and it simply did not want to open, either ingame or in world edit.

Please, if anyone can help me I'd be very appreciative. I do have backups of the maps, but I didn't back up the work I did for it yesterday. And, also, there's some work on the Campaign file itself I haven't backed up in about 2 months.

I know this is most likely my fault for maybe closing the computer right after saving, but, please if anyone knows anything that could be done, I'd appreciate it very much.

Attachments

• StromgardeCampaign.w3n
    19.3 MB · Views: 3
Level 28
Do you remember the last thing you did to the campaign before closing it? There is probably a chance you imported a buggy model into your campaign which is responsable for corrupting it. If that's the case, try using an MPQ editor to open the campaign and delete the faulty model.

Level 4
Do you remember the last thing you did to the campaign before closing it? There is probably a chance you imported a buggy model into your campaign which is responsable for corrupting it. If that's the case, try using an MPQ editor to open the campaign and delete the faulty model.
I think i tried to replace some internal sounds for a custom soundset but it didn't work properly. Could you maybe link me an MPQ editor?

Level 39
Go to the Zezula website, and download the program called MPQ Editor. Then open the .w3m or .w3x map file as if it were .mpq using "All Files". This will show a list of all files inside the map. Then, you can start deleting imported models until the map opens in World Editor again.

Make a backup, so that once you perform the necessary map edits, you can put the models back into the map.