• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] In which directory do Campaigns go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I just got my hands on frozen throne and was very happy to find that it didnt trigger an issue i've been having with my new windows 10 pc (a blue screen error message about video scheduler internal error)

but now i have a question.

I spent part of this evening going thru this site digging up custom race maps and custom campaigns including 2 i watched somebody on youtube play (rise of the blood elves and curse of the forsaken)

and now that i have warcraft 3 up and running and all the races and campaigns i want to to try favorited on firefox and ready to download. a question comes to mind. where am i supposed to put all the custom race maps and custom campaigns in the warcraft 3 directory folder?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
and now that i have warcraft 3 up and running and all the races and campaigns i want to to try favorited on firefox and ready to download. a question comes to mind. where am i supposed to put all the custom race maps and custom campaigns in the warcraft 3 directory folder?
Campaigns have a .w3n extension and should be placed in the folder named Campaigns. These can then be played by using the Custom Campaign button in the Frozen Throne (game/.exe).
Reign of Chaos maps have the .w3m extension and Frozen Throne ones have .w3x. Maps should be put in the folder named Maps and can be played using the Custom Game button in the game (for singleplayer) or through Local Area Network or Battle.net, both options (for multiplayer) accessed in the game.

Last edited:
Level 3
much thanks.

lol there are so many maps and campaigns in the folder on firefox that it'll take me months to play all of them. but to get into the swing of things i'm starting with the basics and playing the normal campaigns first

partially because playing a custom game on my own against the computer was like watching paint try. the few maps i played it was taking too long to get to the good stuff. but i think that once i get a feel for the game that may change

Level 3
yeah true. i actually took another stab at a custom game yesterday and today to get a feel for the undead and the orcs before i started into their reign of chaos campaigns and the game seemed better. the ai in this game is at least better than the ai in star trek armada was. sometimes getting my ai teammates in armada to attack was like pulling teeth. but i still liked armada, especuially some of the mods i found for extra ships. i loved playing as the borg and then right away sending an attack force to steal a federation construction ship from an easy ai and build assimilated federation ships as my main attack force alongside a fleet of cubes and spheres.

question tho.

well 2 questions.

1: if i cheat and use warpten does it effect ai forces or just me?

2: let's say for the sake of argument I have an issue where i have to make a backup of campaign data in this game. any idea how i'd do that?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1: if i cheat and use warpten does it effect ai forces or just me?
You, your allies and the enemy.
2: let's say for the sake of argument I have an issue where i have to make a backup of campaign data in this game. any idea how i'd do that?
Depends on what you mean. Do you want to copy a campaign file or its game cache in another folder? You want to save the game you're playing?
To access the game cache go into the save folder and copy the .w3p files (I think). The .w3z are the saves.
To save and load a game you can just press F10 during a play (or click the menu button on the upper border of the screen) and then click on the Load or Save buttons. To load a save file while in the game's menu (after running the executable), press the Load button on the right of the screen.

Level 3
it's just the data of the campaign i want to keep so that if i ever had an issue where i had to reformat my computer's hard drive i'm not starting from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.