• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JNGP Cannot Find WC3 Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Downloaded and installed the jass newgen pack, but when attempting to open the newgen we.exe, it asks for directory of installed wc3, and when I select the appropriate folder, it says 'could not locate warcraft'. What's going on?

Level 39
First, the JNGP is deprecated. Instead use:
  • WEX (Sharpcraft) if running 1.29 or earlier
  • The normal WE if running 1.30 or later, since this now includes native vJASS support.
You probably just need registry entry to point to your wc3 install. Mine is:

InstallPath
REG_SZ (a string)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III
under the following registry folder: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III

Level 2
Hey Pyro, ya I installed the Wex sharpcraft bundle, and it cannot locate the directory. My install path isnt on drive c. How do I add a registry entry?

EDIT: Ah yes, I would use the regular world editor, but the map I am trying to open was used with an editor that extended the usual capabilities and allowed for a larger map size and such. I have tried to open it with the regular editor and all it does is show a new template.

Level 2
OK, thanks. So now it doesn't open however, but when I press ctrl+alt+delete it shows there is a world editor process running, just can't see/interact with it. What now if you know?
Edit: I have placed a new string called Installpath as you said in the registry, however, then what do I do with it? Sorry this is very confusing, when I open the JNGP it's asking me to locate the wc3 directory, but even after I've set that registry as you said, I'm not sure how to locate it with the JNGP prompt.
EDIT2: In trying to get WEX to work, nothing happens either, it just shows the world editor process in task manager, but nothing else.
Thanks

Last edited:
Level 2
I did Installpath, so Ill delete and fix, but I still don't understand what do I do with it after I've made it. I have tried navigating to my wc3 install path, and every time it says unable to locate warcraft. My install is on drive d for instance, not c.
EDIT: Would it help if I were to instead just extract the WEX/JNGP folder directly into my warcraft 3 install folder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.