• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

vJass Download

Level 2
Hello everyone. I would like to use vJass, but I am not too sure how to download it. I saw tutorials, but they were old and the links to downloading the NewGen JNGP didn't work. Anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to download it, but I am not quite sure what to do next. I know that I need to run the NewGen WE.exe. However, I can't locate Warcraft III for some reason. Anyone know why?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
It's already supported in the editor and has been that way for years now. Also, remember that Lua is now a (more powerful) option which opens the door to other programming languages as well. I feel like it's a waste of time to use something so niche and outdated like Jass when you can instead use a modern language that is more performant, flexible, and extends outside of Warcraft 3. That being said, Jass has a lot of user made resources since it's been around longer, so that's a perk. Whatever you do, just know that a map can only use one language or the other - so choose wisely!

Level 17
Hello everyone. I would like to use vJass, but I am not too sure how to download it. I saw tutorials, but they were old and the links to downloading the NewGen JNGP didn't work. Anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to download it, but I am not quite sure what to do next. I know that I need to run the NewGen WE.exe. However, I can't locate Warcraft III for some reason. Anyone know why?
Hi there,

Which version of warcraft you are using?

1.)
For the retail live patch on battle.net just use the normal editor.
In the Trigger Editor top menu make sure JassHelper and vJass are enabled.

I also strongly suggest downloading TESH, which is a syntax highlighter and function searcher.

2.)
If you are using 1.26 or something like that (you shouldn't, the live patch is more powerful), then JNGP is the best tool out there. You might not be able to locate War3 due to various reasons. A.) You have a different patch than what JNGP supports. B.) Your PATH variables are not set correctly. C.) You need to set the path of the files in one of the configuration files... etc. Just switch to live patch, unless you are developing games for a 1.26 private server or something.

3.)
As Sir Uncle said, JASS indeed kinda sucks and Lua is a better option.