• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What is the difference between JNGP1.5 and JNGP2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In the comments its discussed that two different people worked on 2.0 and 1.5 versions: Jass NewGen Pack [Official]
So as far as I can tell Version 2.0 is unoffical and not made by the origional creator.
Thanks for telling me about this :). There are many useful features on 2.0 version that interests me, so I prefer to download this version. And now what I am worring about is that the map saved in 2.0 versions can be opened by 1.5 version? I may use 1.5 in the future if the 2.0 version is not stable.

Any tips?
Maybe you are having the problem that Reforged world editor has been used on your computer in the past, which will make all previous versions of the World Editor not run.

If you are having that problem, here is the fix: Go to windows key, press R to run a program. Run the program named regedit.exe
Then in this program, change NOTHING except to carefully find and locate the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Blizzard Entertainment/WorldEdit.
1661039953072.png

From here, I do not have this but you will probably have an item showing named Tool Windows. Select that Tool Windows item and delete it:
1661039997073.png

Then, this will clean your Registry so that Reforged World Editor's tampering with the registry will no longer prevent you from running non-Reforged versions of the World Editor from the past.

Also, note that whenever you run Reforged World Editor on the computer again, then you will need to repeat this process again.

Edit:
Thanks to ex-blizzard employee for telling us about this fix.

Level 29
Bumping the tread of JNGP.
I have an issue to open the program.
It starts to open then it closes automatically in the half of progress.
Any tips?
Delete the item called "Tool Window" inside "HKCU/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/WorldEdit". Alternatively, you can use this tool below, which has the same function:

Status
Not open for further replies.