• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to upload a full conversion mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My modding days feel as though they are fading. I don't think the Company wants users to be distributing fan mods in that way, so I haven't done it since 1.27. Is it a coincidence that the game's architecture was changed enough to kill SEMPQs and other game MPQ modifying stuff?

But I guess if you've got it working, that's pretty neat. Do you have to enable "Allow Local Files" for it to work? Or is your EXE toggling that one on and off?

Level 14
Maybe upload it in moddb then plug it into Hiveworkshop?

I dont think the map resource sections has not made features yet on uploading extra and requirement files like mpq, movies, and .rar files.

Level 14
In the tools section since it is an .exe i guess
But you can't upload your mod on the tools section when it needs extra files. One night you upload it, you will wake up with an alert that your upload might either be moved somewhere else. Well in any way you can talk to mods to allow your mod to be uploaded on hives.

Anyways, do we have mod section in hive?

Level 14
Pack it all into a zip file? That is how the tool section works
Could be a clever idea but who would search in the tools section if they are seeking for full conversion of the game and not tools? Like if I want a pack of maps or let's just say pack of nuggets but I have to find it in a tools shop full of wrenches and unedibles. Or do I have to tell anyone else to go tools section to find my game? Somehow, few people are attracted to tools section ;(

Well, I haven't used the tools section that much because I cannot find a deprotect/protect tools there.

I think you guys are making this harder than it needs to be.

In 2012-2013 I created the thread for my mod, the Heaven's Fall altered melee mod:
Heaven's Fall: Melee Gameplay Mod

This thread over many years had an EXE installer available to download the mod that would add basically an expansion. So you would have Warcraft III.exe to run Reign of Chaos, Frozen Throne.exe to run the Frozen Throne expansion, and Heavens Fall.exe to run Heaven's Fall. Then in-game you would see the custom races on the Race Menu if you played Heaven's Fall.

upload_2019-2-2_7-48-5.png

As long as I always wrapped the relevant EXE within a ZIP file, it was fine.

Since the Warcraft 3 game no longer supports it, you can download Heaven's Fall as its own separate game here (roughly 150 MB download):
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/heavensfallstandalone-zip.297738/

Well, I haven't used the tools section that much because I cannot find a deprotect/protect tools there.

Don't be silly. There is no such thing as a protected map. Protected maps don't exist.

This is a quote from the README file included with Vexorian's Optimizer:

You got to notice that "map protection" is not something I consider to exist, unless a tool that encryptyed the map and made wc3 require a special DRM-like hack to read the map is created . Although that is very feasible to happen, I doubt anyone would actually make it done.

There is no such thing and we don't talk about it. Opening MPQs and building custom World Editors, however, is something you might find that the Hive can easily help you with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.