1. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed! Choose which entry should win in the 19th Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice

How to upload a full conversion mod?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Barade, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a modification which must be installed as .exe setup. It adds a custom War3Mod.mpq directory. Resources here require .w3x, .w3n or w3m. I can change the extension and add instructions but why not allow it?

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess, you just open up a thread and link to an upload service since you can only upload a max of (some number) amount of megabytes.

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  4. Retera

Retera

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My modding days feel as though they are fading. I don't think the Company wants users to be distributing fan mods in that way, so I haven't done it since 1.27. Is it a coincidence that the game's architecture was changed enough to kill SEMPQs and other game MPQ modifying stuff?

But I guess if you've got it working, that's pretty neat. Do you have to enable "Allow Local Files" for it to work? Or is your EXE toggling that one on and off?

5. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just use the War3Mod.mpq named folder. The .exe file is an NSIS installation setup which installs this folder.