• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 CONVERSION MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I am a member of PMM. I just want you all to know, No this isnt a shrub mod. I have had experience with modding Half Life and some others. ;) yes as in my description I know almost everything about registry's, WC3 MPQ, File Directories, exe editing. So before you judge TerranUP16 just asking for help, no were here to bring a new thing to WC3, not just adding in a few thing's blah blah. We are totally going to edit everything what makes WC3, WC3. Except the engine ;) since we need it.
But otherwise, yes it will be hard work, yes I am commited because I know work like this brings recognization from Blizzard themselves, This is work that I love to do and I hope others do to. I am not going to plead, But ask for you to join.

The very talented "WEREWULF" has joined the project, but it would be obsurd to ask her to do all that work.

We need skinners, Experience with animation pictures. (EX: The water in WC3 Load Screen is a great example of moving water.)

We need Modelers, That know how to animate movement's like for example above, (EX: The water in WC3 Load Screen is a great example of moving water.)

We need Jassers, I do not know jass. I am very (n00b) towards it, I do require jasser's and im not going to kid. We need exceptional jasser's for the conversion.

We need voice actor's. I will be participating in this, but hell not even I can act orc and human, and make it not sound like me ;). I have advanced voice editing software (AKA: AVES) that will make it a breeze to advance the voice structures.

Please, this isnt another campaign. Nor is it like "PROJECT REVOLUTION". This will be a total re-edit of what WC3 is.

*Anyone who joins the team, will be added to IN GAME CREDITS* No folks not just a normal thing. We will give a interview with it and your picture added can be optional ;)!

This is will be hard work, I wont lie. But listen, This is nothing im sure at least most of you have never done, and IM sure it will be a great addition to your skills. Trust me, this is unique.

(PLEASE READ)
Troll Wars Conversion Mod, will be recruiting as avaible people. We will ask for people to show there skills before joining, and we will ask you to to agree to a license saying you will not exploit, or share any files recieved in the operation.

To Contact, well. It should be obvious ;).

Just to add, this is the same project TerranUP16 is doing.

Level 7
I should also mention that Jigrael is in as well (modeler who's received numerous director awards for his work here).

If for some reason, you wish to keep your application to join the mod team secret until you are accepted (for those who fear being turned down), feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected].

We're also looking for some artists to make some art for our website about the mod.

Pretty much, if you think there is any way you can help, either post here or send me an e-mail.

Also take into account the fact that we do not want slackers. This will be run like we are developing a game. You will have deadlines (although they will be more flexible than those of true game companies, b/c we realize this is not your job, and most of you have a life... hopefully...). We are willing to listen to what you have to say as well, so you will have some voice in what goes on.

As for my credentials to lead the project, I've made quite a few maps. I'm very familiar with the World Editor, and have a excellent knowledge of its capabilities. I'm also the Chieftain of Clan PMM (a mapmaking clan), and I am the Lead Game Designer for Revolution Games. You'll surely hear more about that in the next few years. If you've any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Here's my WinterMaul: Remade map- http://maps.worldofwar.net/maps.php?id=9189
It's been called the "Best maul ever" by more people than even I can remember. Feel free to check it out if you want to examine some of my work, but know that although it was released about a month ago, most of it was done 3-4 months ago, and since then I've become much better at what I do, and am already in the process of creating something to eclipse that. Worry not though, for it will not interfere with this mod in the least, as my full attention is upon this, and this alone.

-TerranUp16

Level 6
I'm willing to voice act.

I can bend my voice into many different things.

If you would like a sample, post some scripts. But I kinda require spasificness(spelling died there).

Good script examples:

Nerubian Hive Master[enraged] "For the almighty Queen!"

Labored Monk[doubtful] "*Sigh* Whatever it takes..."

Not good script examples:

Orc: ROAR

Quillbeast: I ate som corn.

See what I'm getting at?

There are alot of races and accents I haven't tried yet, so I'll attempt them and PM you the file for outside commets.

One last thing, I prefer to do unit voices as opposed to cinimadic voices, but if, for example, a Footman has something quick to say, I can probibly do it.

~Ekoi Panot

Level 5
Storyline

As I mentioned in wc3campaigns, you guys have some holes in your storyline. Some big ones (as far as I can tell). You should take a peek at what I said (I can't check for replies just this second because it appears that wc3campaigns is down...).

Level 5
Elaborate

Wait, I'll elaborate.

1) The Dwarves awoke 300 years after the end of the Troll Wars, yet TerranUp16 names them as part of the coalition.

2) The "Troll Containment Act" sounds human, as does the name of the main character (Roham). Yet the humans are entirely an accessory to the war.

3) The Troll Containment Act, if it ever existed, was in no way the starter of the war. The High Elves intruded upon the Troll lands and followed it up with the grevious mistake of building their capitol upon a sacred troll ruins. This started the war.

Well, that's something of a miniaturized conglomerate of your mistakes; a summing up. You need a historian/writer.

Level 7
Read Post Below This Immediately After...

Where are you getting your information from man? That's extremely contradictory to what my information says (which is from Blizzard).

Also, the Troll Containment Act was created by the Azerothien King (as I had said). Roham is the main character of the second campaign, which is from the human PoV (so he's obviously supposed to be a human). Chief Harraxe is the main character of the first campaign, which follows the Trolls.

At the very least, even if you can't get some external info right, read my post correctly.

Also, if you guys want to audition for the voice acting part, send me your best immitation of a Troll (my e-mail is [email protected]).

Level 7
Wait a minute. I think I might know what you're talking about. My information also mentioned an earlier troll wars, but it wasn't called the Troll Wars. It actually specifically said that they were NOT (actually in caps) the Troll Wars. I forget what the name for it was exactly, but it was Troll Raids or something. My information is a little old (released just after WCIII, but before WoW). If this is indeed from the WoW texts though, I'd be willing to shift the title and call it the 2nd Troll Wars. It's quite possible that Blizzard decided to make that first war (or 2nd if you count the Elves driving the Trolls out), or the main Troll Wars. As I noted before, my info is old, and sadly I don't have WoW (don't want to pay the monthlies), but I did ask those who have it if there was anything in it about the Troll Wars, and all the replies I got were negative.

If you can confirm that the information you have presented is indeed accurate and from Blizzard, please do and I'll shift my story a bit (but my info still speaks of a war about 50 years b4 WCI, so I'm still going to use that one, but I will take into account the previous history and also call it the 2nd Troll Wars, although the campaign title will still be Troll Wars; perhaps after this we will go back and cover these initial Troll Wars you speak of if you can confirm the info; sadly my info was taken off the net not long ago, and I didn't have it written down or anything, so I can only use what I remember, but I remember it pretty well b/c it wasn't that long ago; it got taken off about the same time they announced the WoW Expansion).

Level 15
-2 800
The human tribes band together in the face of frequent raids by the
forest trolls and form the first human nation, Arathor. The high
elves are also hard-pressed by the forest trolls and enter into an
alliance with Arathor, teaching the humans the ways of arcane magic in
exchange for their aid.

-2 500
The race of dwarves awakens and emerges from the expansive
titan-created city of Uldaman, located deep beneath the earth. They
call their new civilization Khaz Modan.

Level 7
Toolbox and I got it sorted out on wc3campaigns. We're both right really. He ended up bringing my attention to information that wasn't available to me (I don't have WoW). It turns out that the Troll Wars I'm describing are actually the Second Troll Wars. They used to be the only Troll Wars, but I guess Blizzard decided to change the storyline when they released WoW. They also took down the portion of their site that had the info I was referencing when the expansion for WoW was announced (perhaps it reminded them to?).

The information I had went something like this (I can't quote b/c the portion of the Blizz site where it was is now down and I didn't save it anywhere; I'm paraphrasing this as best I can remember it): (see next post)

Level 7
Roughly 50 years before the First Orcish Invasion, there was peace over Azeroth, with but one exception- the Forest Trolls. The Forest Trolls in Azeroth raided convoys and villages frequently (too frequently for the liking of Azeroth's king). The Azerothien King created the an act to put an end to the Troll raids. The act allowed humans to hunt down and kill Trolls. The humans could return Troll heads for a reward from their local lord.
The Troll clans in Azeroth at the time were very fragmented, and did not communicate well with each other. Oftentimes they'd actually be at war with each other. The clans at this point though were still generally tight-knit; that is, clan members kept in close contact with each other and followed the orders of their chief. This allowed the Troll Chieftains to meet and discuss the threat this human act posed. They decided to band together and fight the common foe. They named Warlords, who controlled all Troll clans in certain regions, which were divided among 20 Troll warlords. One Chief broke off and carried on his own war after not being chosen as a chieftain.
The Trolls managed to overwhelm the Azerothiens, even with slightly inferior numbers. They breached the outer walls of Stormwind, but never entered the Keep. Instead, they left a small group to siege Stormwind Keep, only allowing food in by air. They thought this might help them somehow later.
The Trolls pushed north into Khaz Modan, where they met heavy resistance by the Dwarves. They were able to recruit the Trolls in their region to join their cause. This enabled them to strike almost from almost anywhere, which contributed greatly to the defeat of the Dwarves. The Trolls quickly pressed north, creating a small, but effective navy along the way. They spread through the entire northern portion of the continent, recruiting Trolls from all over to join their cause and rebel. They even tried to push into the dark lands of Gilneas, but the Dark Mages there had exterminated all species of intelligent life that were not humans (they even exterminated humans that did not join their dark cause). The Elves had many a fierce battle with the Trolls in Quel Thalas as the Troll army from Azeroth reignited the hatred between the two races.
The humans, Elves, and Dwarves eventually pushed back the Trolls. The demise of the Troll army came about because they attempted to spread too quickly, to too many areas in the northern continent. Their excursions into Gilneas and Quel Thalas were two of the most devastating to them. Stromgarde lead the charge to push the Trolls back to Azeroth, where they were placated.
Forest Trolls remained all over the eastern continent of the world of Azeroth, but their once great clans, and fighting force was now gone. They were reduced to living in small groups of 3-5, and offering no threat to any nation. They still raided small human parties, but barely ever villages or convoys. They became but a nuissance.
Not until Zuljin would the Trolls once again come anywhere near to touching the power they once held.

Level 5
Mkay, I gotcha. Using the title "Troll Wars" was just misleading, I guess.

It's funny, I had never known WTF the Headhunter was saying... "Vengance for Zul'jin..." Only he said the "Z" like an "S" so it was "Vengeance for Sul'jin..." When I replayed the Orc bonus campaign I realized, lol...

Level 7
Btw, I think I now know why I thought that the "second Troll War", as I referenced it before, were THE Troll Wars. If I remember correctly, the actual name they used for it was the Great Troll War, with the G in caps. They might have called this one the "Great" one b/c it covered more area (as the other one seems to have only covered lands north of Khaz Modan, while the second one covered the entire continent). Anyways, when I'm speaking of the second one, I'll just say the Great Troll War, and just the Troll War for the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.