• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make JNGP GUI see hashtable functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've searched a lot in order to find how to do this... But nothing could help me.

As I understood the solution is to replace Blizzard.j and common.j files in the jasshelper and tesh directories from war3path.mpq file.

But it doesn't help... Seems like I've found something not connected to my problem.

So is there any way to make Jass New Gen Pack see GUI hashtable functions? (I mean trigger functions like "Picked Unit", "Triggering Unit" for GetHandleId functions.)

Thank you for your further help and send you "privet" ("hello") from russian community :)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well, I do actually wonder about the same thing. The thing is that GUI hashtables exist in JNGP but....

This error code I get

Code:
Trigger Database Error
[Trigger Actions] - SaveWidgetHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveAbilityHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveTriggerEventHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveRegionHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveUnitPoolHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveItemPoolHAndleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveMultiboardItemHandleBJ
[Trigger Actions] - SaveTrackableHandleBJ
Data section and text section have differing number of parameters (3,4).

A possible workaround is to use rawcode integer of items types or unit types or whatever you want. However if you wanna store a spesific unit you must resort to a index system.

For example I'm using this instead

Ability Rawcode - EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT
set udg_Spell_Integer = GetSpellAbilityId()

Unit Type Rawcode - Responds to any unit based events
set udg_Unit_Integer = GetUnitTypeId(GetTriggerUnit())

You can also PM moyackx which coordinates the JNPG updates atm.

Level 21
The actual problem is completely elsewhere. Or at least a part of it.

JNGPE is based on worldedit121, while the normal editor is just worldedit.
You can try this out. I am not sure if it solves all problems about hashtables, but I know that 121 doesn't allow to use a function to get the handle ID. At least not in GUI.

Level 2
Xonok, I'm afraid you're wrong. I've tested it lately. Blizzard's WorldEdit allows me to use a function to get the handle ID, but JNGP not.

JNGPE is based on worldedit121, while the normal editor is just worldedit.
You can try this out. I am not sure if it solves all problems about hashtables, but I know that 121 doesn't allow to use a function to get the handle ID. At least not in GUI.

^ This is why.

And sadly if you change JNGP to use worldedit.exe instead of worldedit121.exe it will always crash. So the only work around is to switch between the two or just use GetHandleId().

TKF

TKF

Level 19
You can make someone add GUI hashtable handles stuff on the UMSWE in umswe folder in the TriggerDataAddon.txt file but its probably also one more file you need to modify, maybe that will work. They must refer not to the bj's but the natives instead.

But UMSWE is full of non standard wc3 GUI which you should avoid using.

Status
Not open for further replies.