• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Import] How to import models with textures effectively...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi Guys I'm Doran and I have a question...
I have import two files which its name was AlliedSoldier.mdx and AlliedSoldier.blp...
I'be imported the files and I have put it's pathing but I still can't get the model and Its says 'Could not load file AlliedSoldier.mdl'...
I've tried many different pathings but it still don't work...
Please help me if someone knows it than me... Thanks!
P.S. My English is dumb so I'm sorry...

Can you post a link to the model in question?

For the model, you can usually just leave the path as: war3mapImported\AlliedSoldier.mdx

For the texture, usually (not always) you'll remove the war3mapImported part. So in your case, it would probably be: AlliedSoldier.blp

Make sure you imported them under the correct paths, and then save the map. If it doesn't load, then close your map and close the editor, and then reopen the editor. If it still doesn't work, then post a link to the model and write down what paths you used. In case you wish to follow a tutorial, try this.

Level 24
The model path doesnt matter, what matters is its dependencies... its textures in this case.

You can easily see it by downloading Magos' model editor, open the model via that and selecting "Texture Manager" under the "Windows" menu item.
It will show you all the textures with their paths.
Some textures are already used in-game so they are automatically imported and used.
However, the textures that you had to download have to be added to the map.

First, you import the texture in the import manager, then you change the path of that texture to the exact same path that is used by the model.
Then it will be used properly. (You may have to restart the editor to see it in the editor, but in-game it should work properly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.