Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Import] Help with Import Paths

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Verb8im, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi! I'm trying to figure out these files import paths. Mostly the skins by themselves, the models I can just look at in the model editor and it tells me. But with the files with just skins, I have no idea, and the ones I'm trying aren't working. You don't necessarily have to list every skin and model in here, cause there's alot, unless you want to. But it's just confusing as to where to import these.

Attached Files:

2. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Models have no import paths.
    Textures have no import paths.
    Models that require textures do not have import paths.
    Textures that models require have texture paths stored in the model file and that's what you believe to be the "model path" that you saw.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you download skins from the hive there should be a button which displays the import path or something. I know there is one for icons at the very least, and I know the path was clearly stated in the old hive.

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    As for skins, look for something like this on the skin page:

[​IMG]

#Note: these paths are actually the default textures' paths that the skin will overwrite.

---

As for models, first click on "More Info" (upper part of the image) and look for the underlined texture paths (marked by white letters in the lower part of the image) on the small window that pops up:

[​IMG]

Alternatively you can click on "How to Import this Model" and everything should be there too, but... there's a bit more reading involved, so I think it's easier to just click on the "More Info" button :)

5. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's the thing though. I got this from Warcraft Underground, not Hive. So there were no instructions for where to import them. I already have a few of them in the game, namely Kel'Thuzad and Kael'thas, but some of the other skins I write their path to what their default was, and it isn't working so far.

WC3 Models with WoW look by various authors - Warcraft Underground

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Verb8im
    There is no easy way to do it. I personally just open up a model editor to check which textures each model use. There is no other way as far as I know.
    [​IMG]