• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Importing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am having a problem, I have gotten it so it will show the model file in the Warcraft III World Editor, but when i start the game it doesn't show the model. I know it has something to do with the fact that i keep getting Sintax errors.

On the Import Manager page I imported the files and put custop file paths, even though the file paths seem correct they still won't work, can anyone help me?
ex. I've been trying to get this really cool Dark Kael hero to work and these are the file paths i've been using for it.
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\DarkKael\DarkKael.mdx
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\DarkKael\DarkKael.blp

Any input on this will be truly apreciated :)

Level 32
Is Hero Dark Kael the model you are trying to import? If so, the author had updated it (after it was approved) and really botched the job. The error has now been repaired.

Use the custom file path: Textures\DarkKael.blp

How to Import Custom Models is also very helpful.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Allan001? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Level 1
Thanks

Thanks very much man, I looked at the instructions and gotten every other model i've downloaded to work exept the Dark Kael one. But fortunately it was only a short lived interest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.