• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on importing a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been trying to import a character model for a map I plan on making. This is the model:
http://www.moddb.com/games/warcraft-iii-frozen-throne/addons/teron-gorefiend

I am new to using the world editor and so I've been having a lot of trouble getting this model to work correctly. I followed a set of instructions in which I unpacked the files in WinZip and then imported them into the import manager. I then opened the object manager and tried to import the correct files into a character's Art - Model File, but I when I tested the game, it either only showed the staff or part of the upper body. When it had the upper body, it also showed the model's portrait but without any color. I've been trying to figure out what the problem is, but have had no luck so far. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Level 15
Tried following your link, it didn't work apparently :[

Is this model also on the Hive? I've imported hundreds of models / model portraits / textures / icons. I could probably get it right for you if you could send a new link that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.