• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] how to import ground texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Hive, please someone who knows the subject and help me.

I have seen post where they explain with images as ground textures downloaded to pass a new map, but in reality is difficult and I do not understand.

Someone expert will show me a video or step by step explanation please. :cry:

PD: the "mpq" and "warcraft3viewer" programs, but yet I do not know how to use them to pass a texture that you download my map.

a million thanks to reviewers, thanks for your time.

Level 25
I have seen post where they explain with images as ground textures downloaded to pass a new map, but in reality is difficult and I do not understand.
So you want to import new ground texture as in ground tile? (like there is Grass, Dirt, Sand, etc.)?
Can you provide link to the post you have seen?
Also I doubt anyone will make video about it :X

PD: the "mpq" and "warcraft3viewer" programs, but yet I do not know how to use them to pass a texture that you download my map.
Hard to say what you do with these...
a) If you are importing stuff through this program into your map, then while complicated it is ok.
b) If you are importing stuff into .mpqs in your WCIII folder, then never do that unless you're making your own custom mode for the game.

The thing is - if you edit your .mpq files with imported/exported stuff, you may end up being unable to play with regular people.

Level 4
I don't understand your query either. :(

I not understand, I mean I saw the post on this subject has but few pictures and says step by step how to export, not if there is any help on this in tutorials? I searched but did not find anything, and really need putting on the ground textures to download my map.

Level 4
So you want to import new ground texture as in ground tile? (like there is Grass, Dirt, Sand, etc.)?
Can you provide link to the post you have seen?
Also I doubt anyone will make video about it :X

That's right, I want to import new textures as dirt, grass, sand.
I want to know how to use the "mpq editor" because I select my map and not a route out of the ground textures to edit or change by you download, that's all I want to know :(

Level 15
You have BLP file which is ground texture ( it is named tile texture )
You import it to 'Import Editor' , double click the imported file and then check 'Use custom path'. Change the path to : TerrainArt/LordaeronSummer/Lords_Grass.blp ( If you are using Lordaeron tileset) . Save the map and restart the editor and everything will be fine
If you use any other tileset , read this :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/all-warcraft-3-tile-paths-232677/

Level 4
You have BLP file which is ground texture ( it is named tile texture )
You import it to 'Import Editor' , double click the imported file and then check 'Use custom path'. Change the path to : TerrainArt/LordaeronSummer/Lords_Grass.blp ( If you are using Lordaeron tileset) . Save the map and restart the editor and everything will be fine
If you use any other tileset , read this :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/all-warcraft-3-tile-paths-232677/

you mean a dark_grass? lords_grass no exist in lordaeron summer. i-i

Level 4
ohhhh my god! your advice worked perfectly !!! friend place so TerrainArt \ LordaeronSummer \ Grass.blp and then restart the world editor, and I am the new texture in the grass of lordaeron summer! I love you thanks for your help!

+ REP THANKS TO ALL

Level 15
Glad to help

Btw don't double-post it's against rules xD

use this
edit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.