• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a custom ground texture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd only be able to replace existing ones but dont quote me on that. Go to the unit editor and see the ground texture value select it and see if it shows you the filepath of the ground texture and if its possible to select a custom option. If so you can make a custom if not youll only be able to replace existing ones.

Can someone tell me why it stretches the texture more? I got the smallest texture :
pic1.png

and it looks like this:
pic2.png

Should I chahnge the scaling to even smaller?

Level 21
it stretches the texture
Open the texture with BLP Lab and select "Transparent 1 pixel border" from the Alpha channel options (choose the BLP1 format from the drop-down list when you save it).

You don't have to replace existing UberSplats; you can simply add a new row; just make sure the path of your texture is correct and the four-letter name is unique.

If the shift key is pressed while the "Art - Ground Texture" field is being opened, any UberSplat that is specified in the 'UberSplatData.slk' can be used by entering its four letter code. This also allows all standard UberSplats to be used, even those that are unused or intended for abilities (e.g. LSDL, UDSU, NVOL).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.