• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] UberSplat import path for Building Ground Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello,

I've been looking at replacing a specific building ground texture, but can't really grasp how one would do that.

As I've understand it, the ubersplat data is stored in the UberSplatData.slk file (not sure if this is still the case for Reforged), but I'm unable to access that file. I'm not even sure if it's relevant, but I would asume the import paths are located there.

I've also read that each ubersplat ground texture is dependent on the tileset the map is using (I'm using Cityscape).

How can I import a ground texture image and use it as 'HSMA' (Arcane Tower, Cannon Tower, etc).
I've not found anyone mention an import path and do anyone know the image dimensions for this ubersplat? I would asume both SD and HD graphics are different sizes.

Thanks.

Level 21
I've been looking at replacing a specific building ground texture
I think it's better to create new ones instead of replacing existing UberSplats.

If the shift key is pressed while the "Art - Ground Texture" field is being opened, any UberSplat that is defined in the UberSplatData.slk can be used by entering its four letter code. This allows all UberSplats to be used, even those that are unused (e.g. TEST, LSDL, CLTS) or intended for abilities (e.g. HMTP, UDSU, NVOL).

Custom UberSplats can also be used by entering their codes if a custom SLK file is imported into the map (it's similar to creating custom lightning effects).

I'm unable to access that file.
What do you mean? Is it not in the Splats folder?
As I've understand it, the ubersplat data is stored in the UberSplatData.slk file ... I would asume the import paths are located there.
Yep.
I've also read that each ubersplat ground texture is dependent on the tileset the map is using (I'm using Cityscape).
Inside the War3x.mpq archive there are (were?) 18 other mpq archives with single-letter names (one for each tileset) that contain textures of water, cliffs, buildings' foundations and Beastmaster's summons. The files inside those mpq archives are used to overwrite the standard textures, depending on the tileset. However, if custom textures are imported into a map, they are used instead of the ones from tileset-specific mpqs.
How can I import a ground texture image and use it as 'HSMA' (Arcane Tower, Cannon Tower, etc).
The path is: "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat.blp", but overwriting will not just replace "HSMA", but also other human UberSplats that use the same texture ("HMED" and "HLAR").
do anyone know the image dimensions for this ubersplat?
The image dimensions don't really matter since the scale of each UberSplat is set in the SLK.

P.S. I can only speak for myself (patch 1.29) since I don't have Reforged.

Level 19
I think it's better to create new ones instead of replacing existing UberSplats.

If the shift key is pressed while the "Art - Ground Texture" field is being opened, any UberSplat that is defined in the UberSplatData.slk can be used by entering its four letter code. This allows all UberSplats to be used, even those that are unused (e.g. TEST, LSDL, CLTS) or intended for abilities (e.g. HMTP, UDSU, NVOL).

Custom UberSplats can also be used by entering their codes if a custom SLK file is imported into the map (it's similar to creating custom lightning effects).

What do you mean? Is it not in the Splats folder?

Yep.

Inside the War3x.mpq archive there are (were?) 18 other mpq archives with single-letter names (one for each tileset) that contain textures of water, cliffs, buildings' foundations and Beastmaster's summons. The files inside those mpq archives are used to overwrite the standard textures, depending on the tileset. However, if custom textures are imported into a map, they are used instead of the ones from tileset-specific mpqs.

The path is: "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat.blp", but overwriting will not just replace "HSMA", but also other human UberSplats that use the same texture ("HMED" and "HLAR").

The image dimensions don't really matter since the scale of each UberSplat is set in the SLK.

P.S. I can only speak for myself (patch 1.29) since I don't have Reforged.
Thanks, helped a lot!

I'm not sure which patch that changed it, but Warcraft 3 uses CASC now and not MPQ; but I just had to update my current CASC viewer in order to view the files, so that problem is solved and I can access the files.

I extracted the UberSplatData.slk and it seems simple enough to add a custom texture, for SD graphics atleast.

"_HD.w3mod" folder (Reforged assets) doesn't contain UberSplatData.slk, so I asume it shares the same file as SD.

I can't find any "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat" file in _HD.w3mod; instead all Splats are located in the "_HD.w3mod\_Tilesets\"SINGLELETTER".w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats" folders; just as you mentioned for the tilesets.

Using custom textures might not matter how the paths are set up initially between SD and HD.

Example of how the paths are set up:
HD:
War3.w3mod\_HD.w3mod\_Tilesets\"SINGLELETTER".w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat_Diffuse.dds
War3.w3mod\_HD.w3mod\_Tilesets\"SINGLELETTER".w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat_Normal.dds
War3.w3mod\_HD.w3mod\_Tilesets\"SINGLELETTER".w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat_ORM.dds

SD:
War3.w3mod\_Tilesets\"SINGLELETTER".w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat.dds
War3.w3mod\ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanUberSplat.dds
War3.w3mod\Splats\UberSplatData.slk

I might experiment with it, not sure; seems like a headache for something minor I could rather skip in my map.

If anyone want the files I've extracted I've attached the files below (UberSplatData.slk and textures from Tileset "A" for HumanUberSplat).
Patch 1.32.8.15801

Attachments

• War3.w3mod.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.