• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Ubersplats/Animation Names/Cinematic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Okay i have 3 questions that i have been searching for but unable to find;

1. uberplats are basically images painted on the ground but using them in triggers seems to keep on crashing i can only use "test" ubersplat and maybe 1 other without it crashing and then they are not even visible

can someone give me some trigger examples of creating and destroying ubersplats without causing crashes and making them visible on the ground such as at a units position?

2. dealing with animations im using "SetUnitAnimationByIndex()" or something to that extent and i need to return the names of the animations being played through triggers is this possible? and if not is there any work around or any way to get there names without using a model editor and viewing them outside the game?

3. theres a trigger "play cinematic movie "HumanEd"" or something like that and whenever i try to test it i never see a movie it never plays using this trigger how do you make the cinematic movies play?

please and thank you for your answers and of course +rep to those who help!

Level 12

The first stand animation is 0. With the model selected, you can see all the animations in the previewer window in the terrain editor. Default animation is 0, so just scroll through them.

Okay guys on the first response yes i have tried it with cinematic mode on and off it did not work either way.

and on the second response i know how to view the animations but i need a trigger to return the animation names as there being played or by index.

as for the ubersplats i solved that issue for some reason it was just the "Test" ubersplat that was causing issues and making the game crash so i did without it.

You can do it the reverse way, order the animation by ID [in-game] and try to memorize or list down which anim is played...

as for the movie, cinematic mode has nothing to with it I think... first make sure that your wc3 has the permission to access the files (though I think it should already have as they are in the mpq anyways)

Level 12
You can do it the reverse way, order the animation by ID [in-game] and try to memorize or list down which anim is played...

as for the movie, cinematic mode has nothing to with it I think... first make sure that your wc3 has the permission to access the files (though I think it should already have as they are in the mpq anyways)

thanks for your reply man i figured i would have to get the animation names the hard way but i was hoping for an easier way since i will have 255 of them to list and as for the cinematic movie i checked all my permissions and wc3 has administrative on my comp. so thats not an issue and i still can not get the movies to play......

Status
Not open for further replies.