• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to cast force of nature to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
how to cast force of nature to ground

so yeah i need help for that i searched through the forum but coudln't find anything related to this

• Set location = (your point)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Force Of Nature (location)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_location)
or
  • Set location = (your point)
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLoc (GetLastCreatedUnit(), "forceofnature", udg_location)

Level 7
  • Hydra
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Force of Nature
    • Actions
      • Set location = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Force Of Nature location
not about that SET LOCATION = (...)

Level 19
The problem is that the spell can be cast on over trees, and not on ground.
I think this is what he's asking for.

Otherwise you can use different style by creating a dummy spell for the AOE cast (Blizzard is preferable) and then use an summon spell with changed buff (ex: Summon Hawk, Summon Water Elemental) as well as changing the units for the summon spell, and use the dummy to use that summon spell.

PS: Forgot to mention that if you use the this way, you need to check the area for any tree and then destroy them (kill) in the trigger so it won't make units stuck between trees.

Level 6
  • Hydra
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Force of Nature
    • Actions
      • Set location = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Force Of Nature location
not about that SET LOCATION = (...)

you said it had a problem when you used custom script. i'm not sure if maybe you've figured this out since then, and nobody else has said it so i will. if that is what your custom script action looks like in game as well, then remove the space between the word RemoveLocation and (udg_Location) like this

[trigger="Like This"]
Actions
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_location)
[/trigger]

And for future references do add prefixes to your threads in this section. If you want to know why? Click here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.