• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help! force of Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I got this neat tree fella i want that i want to be able to cast the spell Force of nature, it should work like the goblin workshop Reveal, though its free this time. The little tree fella is neutral passive, i tried to make him to a building and stuff like that, but i see nothing in the map!

Level 5
do you want an ability tha reveals an area?
or do you want a unit with that ability?
or a shop?

i dont understand what you are trying to say, so i cant help you.

Level 7
Heres the answer to your problems with a simple trigger
  • Reveal
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Little Tree Dude) to (Night Elf - Force of Nature) at (Random Point in Playable Map Area)
{EDIT}
Heres the answer to your problems with a simple trigger
  • Reveal
  • Events
    • <Insert Events>
  • Conditions
    • <Insert Actions>
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Little Tree Dude) to (Night Elf - Force of Nature) (Random Point in Playable Map Area)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
@ Jadegolem: don't double post (and remove leaks, please ^^)

Erm...
So you've got a neutral passive "tree fella" (I guess it's a shop).
You give him the ability "reveal", which a player can activate.
Then, at the place where the player uses reveal, the spell "force of nature" should be cast?

Maybe this works:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Reveal
  • Events
    • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Force Of Nature TempLoc
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc)
Give the shop the ability Force of Nature (of course), with a range across the whole map.

Level 12
He wants a neutral building that anyone who come near it can use the building ability, that in this case is "Force of Nature".

He is using goblin workshop as an example because you can use it "Reveal" when you come near it.
He tried making it but couldn't in the object editor, so he is asking for help.

Saishy, who understand what newbies says...

Level 3
What he is trying to say is:

He got a unit(Tree fella). He can cast the spell force of nature.

Force of nature should have the same effect as Reveal(Goblin Lab).

Last; He wants the unit(Tree fella) to be a structure.

All I can say is. It doesn't need triggers all you need is the object editor. Although giving force of nature the reveal effect probably requires a trigger.

Level 3
Mh I think you need triggers because normal force of nature would spawn the treants for the caster so for neutral passive... wouldn't it?

it certainly needs triggers but the largest part is done in object editor.

Triggers would be for cancelling the force of nature effect and using reveal on that spot

Level 11
He basically wants to be able to allow players to access a shop and be able to cast Force of Nature from the shop. I think all you need to do is keep the shop the way it is but give it that extra ability and players should be able to click on the shop and use Force of Nature at will.

I accidently did something similar to this in Dark Sun RPG, the main leader at the final outpost that you could purchase mercenaries from also had an ability that he used against enemies in the base, players could cast his ability, therefore exploiting him and causing him to attack enemies the player chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.