• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How long it takes from you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I'm doing a little test. I have a text that I read in 45 seconds. I want to see how long it takes from you to read. I need the results for my "Book System".

So read the text and tell me how long it took from you. Also tell me where you're from, because I believe it can take longer if your mother language is not English.

Thank you!

Phodom, son of Enthan, was born in Nimnie village, west of Terdoom Castle. Phodom was the youngest child after his three siblings. At the age of 12, his hometown was attacked. Phodom's siblings and his mother died during the raid, but Phodom and his father survived.

After living just a short time with his father, he disappeared after saying "Join the dragon slayers, it is my only hope." After that he was gone and was believed to be murdered. Phodom was then adopted to Alfred's parents. Phodom and Alfred became the best friends and at the age of 16 they both moved to Terdoom Castle and joined Balgaron's army.

With hard work, both Phodom and Alfred rose in the ranks quickly. Finally they were promoted to Dragon Slayers. As a dragon Slayer he gained many friends, but almost all of them fell in battle.

Phodom became famous for his strength and kindness and was named as "The Protector". After Phodom met Birgitta, he promised her to finally leave the army.

Level 22
30 seconds for me. I usually read English faster, but weird names like Nimnie etc kinda stop me a little and ruin the flow.

My native language is not English btw, I'm from Norway.

39 seconds! Regarding what my mother language is...

Chinese is the language I learnt at birth, though I was born in Australia. I lived in China for a bit of my childhood, where I did not know any English. I then returned to Australia when I was six, where I proceeded to forget all Chinese in one year, and inversely adopt English as my main language. So I guess technically Chinese is my mother language, even though English is my primary language nowadays (and the one I am most fluent at).

Also, why not an option to turn the page whenever you want?

Level 9
phodom hmm?

that map?

17 seconds. Not a native english speaker but I use a speed reading technique though.

edit: maybe it's a little too fast for normal circumstances because i've played that map and I know who Alfred and Phodom are

Status
Not open for further replies.