• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HOW do you become a site Moderator???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
How does someone on this site become a moderator? Also if its not possible for me to become one in anyway can someone please look at my map, its good and some ass didn't even look twice and rejected it without even really checking it out...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/custom-hero-footies-v3-1-a-162000/

Its in the top 5 games played on b.net right now so i think thats proof enough its working fine.. And doesnt deserve this message:
This map is rejected and can cause errors.

Level 20
I'm not on the details, but i'm sure you have to have been around for a good while and 'contributed' to the community in some way and trust me when I say calling current moderators 'an ass' is not a good start...

I'm sure your annoyed but try and be more polite about, kindly pm the mod (or another one) and ask for another review or to explain exactly what they thought made the map worthy of rejection!

Don't just make a new thread and start flaming the people who run this place while asking to be one of them...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/moderator-applications-records-539/

as to the question of your map, its in the top 10 not the top 5 and the description isn't exactly confidence inspiring

"-Its the best footies and badass.. what more needs to be said. -If you're a 5.4 -AR fan im 100% sure you'll have fun and love this -Added short Save Code, for saving Winning Stats -More balanced -Read F9 to learn more (This game has a lot of new stuff)"

the fact that its hosted a lot doesnt mean its good, i dont think that ripoffs are allowed in the map section either
ps rejection doesn't happen because "some ass didn't even look twice"

Level 22
To become a mod you would need to be particularly good in some area, and you must be polite and helpful.

Also, if you don't like a moderators review you can always PM him or one of the other mods so they can talk to him. Making a thread about it while calling the mod an ass is certainly not the correct way to get it reviewed again and definitely not the way to become a mod. I'm pretty sure that the mod who rejected your map will now ignore your map just because you called him an ass and made a thread about it.

Most mods (like me) were asked by an admin to become a mod. I didn't make a thread about it, I didn't even say I ever thought about becoming a mod in the chat even, yet I was approached by Poot asking me to become a spell mod.

Level 31
I tell you what. Delete one resource and see if you can edit it.

I was wondering why people could not understand the definition of "Update".

There is a button called "Update".

Use the update button instead of delete and re-upload it. That's the reason of why your work get rejected due to multiple upload.

And if you delete your resources, you can always kindly ask the staff to recover your work.

The delete button was exist over there for you to delete your resources if you really wish your resources not to be in this site anymore. Not for you to delete it and re-upload it.

Shall your map was rejected, just click update to upload the latest version of the map and it would be move back to pending stage. How hard it was to understand it?

Level 19
Its in the top 5 games played on b.net right now so i think thats proof enough its working fine.. And doesnt deserve this message:...
And if you think that your map should be approved meanwhile it is not you can always contact the admins or other moderators, but not in here.

And if you're map is in the top, I guess blizzard has it hosted on their website as well.
This discussion ends right here.

I tell you what. Delete one resource and see if you can edit it.

Yeah, if you know the name of the deleted resource you can ask a resource mod of that section (see the bottom of this) to undelete it for you. Just remember to ask nicely because it's a bit of a pain :p

Status
Not open for further replies.