• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Campgain Moderator?

Do you agree with my idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Though in Hive there are a lot of moredators like 2d Moderator,3d Moderator,Map Moderator,Off-Topic Moderator and Moderator but is there a Campgain Moderator?

I really wan't to be a campgain maker although campgain making takes time like 1-4 years depends on the storyline.Although there are 2d and 3d Moderator I want Hive to have a staff member called campgain moderator and If this request is gonna be official to Hive then I would be happy :)

Well this is my request so I will make some discriptions on what a campgain moderator is:

What does a Campgain Moderator do?

1.A campgain moderator must always be working on a campgain project
2.A campaign moderator is encouraged to have published at least one decent campaign in the Hive
3.A campgain moderator can approve a campgain and other maps
4.A campgain moderator will always take a look in the Map Devlopment Furom to see new campgains discussions and Either the post can be aprroved or not

What does a User need to do to become a Campgain Moderator?

To be a Campgain Moderator you must have good ideas,gives proper advises to other campgain makers and always has an idea of making a campgain. Although if you want to be campgain moderator you must
always review new campgains and order them to recheck the Rules and Information.

If this Idea will ever be true then I would vulonteer to be one of a Campgain Moderator.Again I would be happy that my Idea has came true :)

Thread updated.Note:This thread is done with the discussion.The votes of the poll are Yes=20% No=60% Maybe=20%.The votings has been counted and No is the answers of the users which means that this idea is POINTLESS.

Note to the Moderators viewing this thread please lock this thread it is finnish and done with the discussion there are no further to discuss here.

STILL VIEWING THIS THREAD? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE THIS IS NO MORE TO DISCUSS IN THIS THREAD.---Thank YoU!---

Last edited:
Map Moderator does the job.

But an idea for a separate Campaign Moderator may sound nice enough.

I think you should rephrase and reword 1. however, it should be "A campaign moderator is encouraged to have published at least one decent campaign in the Hive" instead of telling them to work for a campaign project. Working on a campaign project would only stop the Campaign Moderator from reviewing other campaigns.

Level 14
Map Moderator does the job.

But an idea for a separate Campaign Moderator may sound nice enough.

I think you should rephrase and reword 1. however, it should be "A campaign moderator is encouraged to have published at least one decent campaign in the Hive" instead of telling them to work for a campaign project. Working on a campaign project would only stop the Campaign Moderator from reviewing other campaigns.
I agree I will change it quickly!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't think this is that a good idea since campaigns aren't often and that leaves out less work for such a moderator than for the other map moderators/reviewers.

I'd be more inclined for a Template moderator since those maps are more terrain based than what an actual map wholly represents.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't agree with the entire idea of splitting the map section between different moderators.
This just causes conflicts as in "Who is responsible for map x, y or z".

And yeah, campaigns... We don't have many of those.
A Campaign Moderator would have little to nothing to do at all.

The entire idea seems redundant.
One or two Map Moderators, that's all we need.

Also, I think any kind of "application" belongs to Staff Contact, not here.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Dunno if a campaign moderator is needed.

You make a relatively interesting point however, saying that a map mod should've submitted at least one decent map.
Because getting judged by someone who has not made a single map is wrong.

Then again, I do not know if that is an issue anymore since mod ratings are not as important anymore.

Well...
In regards to Campaign Moderator, I disagree. It's kinda redundant considering the flow of map is slow nowadays, and campaigns are like counting fingers when it comes to upload.

1. NO. It's going to backfire.
2. In that regard, decent varies from people to people. Anyway, given a standard, I would like having all sections moderator have proof of their worth. But then again, a reviewer is not always a maker apparently.
3. What difference then with the existing Map Mod if they can mod maps aside campaigns? This makes the entire idea POINTLESS.
4. Map Development are authors' realm IMO. They are the one that responsible w/ their maps and campaigns. Motivating them is not a mod's duty, rather THE COMMUNITY.

On a sarcastic note, I would like to see a TD Moderator, Survival Moderator, AoS Moderator etc. if this one gets a place. At least other genre more deserving to get their own moderator rather than campaign genre, but then again, Map Moderator covers all genre.

Template, as @deepstrasz said, would merit more than this.

Well...
In regards to Campaign Moderator, I disagree. It's kinda redundant considering the flow of map is slow nowadays, and campaigns are like counting fingers when it comes to upload.

1. NO. It's going to backfire.
2. In that regard, decent varies from people to people. Anyway, given a standard, I would like having all sections moderator have proof of their worth. But then again, a reviewer is not always a maker apparently.
3. What difference then with the existing Map Mod if they can mod maps aside campaigns? This makes the entire idea POINTLESS.
4. Map Development are authors' realm IMO. They are the one that responsible w/ their maps and campaigns. Motivating them is not a mod's duty, rather THE COMMUNITY.

On a sarcastic note, I would like to see a TD Moderator, Survival Moderator, AoS Moderator etc. if this one gets a place. At least other genre more deserving to get their own moderator rather than campaign genre, but then again, Map Moderator covers all genre.

Template, as @deepstrasz said, would merit more than this.
Ditto.l Now I came to the conclusion that such a position would be redundant and pointless.

Your sarcastic note made my day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.