1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Vote to reinstate mini-moderators!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Xlightscreen, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Should we reinstate mini-Moderators

Poll closed Feb 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Xlightscreen

Xlightscreen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This is a thread is simply to vote on rather we people think we should restate mini-moderators or not.

if you don't think its a good idea vote no if you do vote yes.

Comment as you like but please no debating or arguing just simply be like "I voted yes becuase" or "I voted no becuase." None of this "your wrong blablabla"

definition of a mini-mod "a mini-moderator is an assistant to a normal any moderator who takes some responsibilities of a moderator. They report to a mod and always asks the mods for final decision making" ~as stated by THE_END

2. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I voted for yes because itgive the opportunity to give potential mods some powers and you can also see then how well they could work in this position without having any "harm".

3. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it as it is now.
    Everybody who wants to can act as a minimoderator, and thoose who don't, just don't.
    The moderators should be granted an option (If they don't have) to look at specific minimod-reviews. As 'Sort by name'.

4. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Reinstate? I act as a mini mod to the map section, and often vote for maps. I do think that we should stay, but I don't know about reinstating as we exist xD. Dunno maybe I am wrong, but Rui often reminded us to use the mini mod vote button.

5. BearMan

BearMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't actually care. I voted yes but I don't know why. I'm happy either way.

6. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    He meant reinstate as give rank, icon, etc, and everything back, only to a few people.

7. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aha didn't know it functioned that way once.

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I support the reinstate of this status not because of the icon, I hate troll icon anyway.

The main reason why I support this move is because removing the icon of mini-moderator and blend this mini-mod authority with other user make other user (Especially new user) doesn't know if the person who post a comment/opinion/review about their resources could be responsible to ease the staff in resources management.

They often accuse them as downgraded their resources for no valid reason, but if they do notice those who view it was official reviewer. They would likely understand about it.

9. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I voted yes.Mini-mod need a title or icon just that we know their mini-mod, escpecialy for new users.There's no use of being a stealthy mini-mod.

10. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh please God no. Their removal was quite possibly the most intelligent thing ever done. Anyone who says that it "eases the moderators" is incorrect because right now the intelligent users who leave good feedback will still be able to do the same thing. Additionally, this makes it so all users can partake of that and give solid feedback. People might say "But not everyone does that!" and so the mods can ignore the few that don't; what's the big deal? As it stands now, everyone has access to the power, and its success so far (on the majority of cases) speaks to me that the rank was indeed unnecessary. There's no stealth involved because everyone can do it, you don't need a title, you don't need an icon, you need only comment and give reviews in the resource sections. That's it.

Please, for the love of God, keep this rank a bad memory.

11. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I personally support the idea, but only temporarly, until we fill the missing moderators in the maps section. As pointed out before, promoting mini-mods would not only help sort out the more tallented users, but would also ease the work of moderators aswell. They provide reviews that can actually be trusted, unlike comments made by regular users whitout privilages. If you're a mod, you won't rely on comments, no matter how "intelligent" they are, because... well, let's face it: Regular users are often ignored by the moderators.

It would also give a motivation to regular users. They'll get better in modding, because they are motivated by something else than reputation (which is hardly taken seriously lately), they know that if they skilled they have a good chance of getting promoted.

However, mini-mods will also have to accept the fact that not all of them will be promoted to moderators, as that is only a selection process and shouldn't whine if they get demoted.

I don't really know why I ranted that much, this thread won't bring back the mini-mods anyway.

12. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When you have three pages of pending models to go through, searching through all of the comments is the last thing you want to do.
    Last time I checked normal users couldn't access the minimod buttons. At least not in the models section. I know it was like this a month or two ago, but since then this power has mysteriously vanished.

13. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure about this one ...
    Ralle deleted them for a reason but ...
    I do kinda support the system of potential mods showing what they can do.

14. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not everyone will utilize this power without a reason to. The pending map section is so crowded there isn't much reason to. Most reviews won't even be read. Where if the user has the power and title of a moderator, they can help to solve the problem. Without real moderation of the map section, there isn't much mini-moderators would be able to accomplish.

15. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    If they finally do something this time, I'll vote yes.

Maybe I'll join the cause, too.

16. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Either completely remove it or give it official title.Because even if they've been removed I still saw some user's review saying 'Mini-mod vote: rejected' or 'Mini-mod vote: approved'
    It's a bit confusing.
    Or they haven't been removed?
    Oh...you see I'm not even sure if they're been removed or not.

17. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those review with mini-mod vote are those user who been granted the authority to vote for it.

18. Vegavak

Vegavak

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure as to what powers "mini-mods" possess, but I think having the word moderator in their name gives off the wrong impression.

And how many models does that encompass?

19. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    20 per page.

Plus, with minimods, we can see the reviews right in a little box on the moderation page.

[​IMG]

20. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you spend more than 5 minutes per model (including scanning reviews - a notion that takes less than a minute for anyone that can read) anyways, you're wasting time. We've had this discussion before, it's not hard to look over reviews, use them as a guide if they sound decent, and then make a decision from there.
    Then that is a bug and should be reported to Ralle.
    The rank has been removed, the powers associated with the rank are now (or should be, and at the very least were) available to regular users. So unless every user on the website deserves to get a Staff Title, none of them will.