• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do we think about death magnetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I really like it. I was hoping for something like load-reload or the likes and I was pleasantly surprised for not being so. Of course if you compare them with what they used to do they're nothing special, but fuck it, there are good songs. My favorites are all nightmare long, the judas kiss and my apocalypse. I'll soon buy the album.

Level 27
I really like it. I was hoping for something like load-reload or the likes and I was pleasantly surprised for not being so. Of course if you compare them with what they used to do they're nothing special, but fuck it, there are good songs. My favorites are all nightmare long, the judas kiss and my apocalypse. I'll soon buy the album.

I fear they will never be able to retrieve they're old sound again, i mean... even if they could, no band has ever really done that. And i don't know if they are capable of doing so.
I already bought it btw, heard it today for the first time ^^

Compared to st. anger it would be hard not to look on the album as a huge succes, compared to everything else, not so much. If this was made by anyone else but Metallica it would not receive any attention at all, it's a very generic and boring album.

Megadeth > Metallica

Yeah, its indeed quite generic. But it's quite metallica... but still you're kind off right. It's not a dissapointment though.. let's hope this is a step into the right way for the next album? XD

And... megadeth doesnt own metallica =/

Megadeth = Slow music
Metallica = Fast music

Compared to eachother then, however i also like megadeth. But it doesn't > it.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
people, stop fucking mentioning megadeth every time it's something about metallica, what the fuck is wrong with you?!

new metallica doesn't suck, it's a trend now to say that every old and legendary band sucks nowadays...THEY DON'T SUCK! It's just that people keep comparing new stuff with what they used to do and of course it's not the same, many things changed, but overall it's still good music. So start enjoying music instead of trying to judge it...

Level 36
I hate it. Hate it. It's fucking terrible, just like all Metallica. TUNE YOUR SNARE LARS YOU PANSY.

Metallica was only good when Cliff Burton was around. They basically started sucking after that, became old men, released St. Anger, the worst album ever made, and now this pile of trash.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
1: stop the fucking emo bullshit with "metallica ended the day Cliff died...", that's the lamest thing everyone keeps saying. Sure cliff was cool and made lots of awesome songs but fuck him, I really think Jason was more fitted with Metallica. They made awesome songs after cliff too, the justice album for fucks sake!
2: if you're listening to Metallica just because they're Metallica you're stupid from the start...and it's the same about listening to any band.
3: they're old men, with wifes and children, but they still kick your fucking balls. If you never were at a metallica concert, front row, you aren't allowed to say that! They're still awesome live, and they don't suck.
I didn't liked st. anger, but this album I love it to be honest.

Level 36
No, sorry, Anesthesia is basically the most win Metallica song ever. I will say that though Metallica did make some good music after Cliff had died, it wasn't the same. None the less, all of their best music was in the eighties.

Basically, the self titled album in 1991 was their last really good one. After that, it went to shit.

The only 90's song by Metallica (besides the ones aforementioned) that I can stand to listen to is 'I Disappear'.

Level 27
Indeed, Metallica's days of legacy are over... i wished i could say that they are back, but they are not.

This is the new Metallica?

So what are they now?

I don't think they suck. Compared to the old albums they indeed change they're style. These new music they make is just cleaner. No trashy like the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.