• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I condense my Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi Community,

well, I played a long time on various LAN-Partys with my Friends the Map "10 Hero Siege", maybe you know the Map...
And now I made my own Version of this Map with a lot of bugfixes and more, but there is one big Problem!
The modified Map is about 4MB large, ist because of some Models and Icons.
I want to host it on Hiveworkshop, but I think it's too large, and it cannot be hosted on the BNet, so here comes my Question, like the Topic-Name:

How can I condense my Map? How can I get the filesize smaller?

greetings, Exsanguis

Level 14
1) Don't use music.
2) Use well made, small filesize models (in mdx format) - preferably using ingame textures and camera's in the model, rather than an extra portrait model.
3) Compress those models with Guesst's MDX Squisher.
4) Compress skins by reducing the quality (75% quality has very little noticable difference, but around half the filesize).
5) Optimise the map with Vex's optimiser.

Level 3
1) Don't use music.
2) Use well made, small filesize models (in mdx format) - preferably using ingame textures and camera's in the model, rather than an extra portrait model.
3) Compress those models with Guesst's MDX Squisher.
4) Compress skins by reducing the quality (75% quality has very little noticable difference, but around half the filesize).
5) Optimise the map with Vex's optimiser.

where do I get Guesst's MDX Squischer, the Skin-Compressor and Vex' Optimiser? I googled for it but I didn't find them -.-

I tried to condense my Map with the normal mapoptimiser4.0 from here, but only 19kb could be saved...and it's still above 4mb >_<

sorry for the problems ^^''

greetings, Exsanguis

.//edit ::

And the Condensed Map is also not loadable in the Game o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.