• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Honest user score for Refoged :)

Rate Reforged from 0 to 10 (0 is worst, 10 is best)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Oky everybody, now be honest and give our poor abomination HONEST (LIKE REALLY HONEST PLZ)score.
I am curious how it will be different from metacritic user score :)

Level 7
Let's see...

Although I didn't want to buy Reforged at any time Blizzard has forced me to download 30 GB of pure useless fat and then remove several features that the original game had more than 17 years ago including the Spanish dubbing of game (which I personally love and has accompanied me throughout my childhood).

So, the final product "Reforged" which I didn't want has affected me fully, is a scam, a total disaster and an insult to the intelligence of any player with common sense. They have been unable to do a job as easy as milking the nostalgia of the players, they are pathetic and disgusting.

Activision Blizzard and its usury practices have done it again.

It doesn't deserve more than a 0.

Level 8
You shouldn't rate the game itself when you rate Reforged, because the game you're rating is The Frozen Throne. Reforged made the game worse in my opinion, so I'd give it a negative rating if I could.
My thoughts exactly. I hesitated to give it a somewhat decent score - after all the Malaysian team did their best to salvage it -but then again, they weren't the ones calling the shots. So, if we had 2 separate polls I would've given 6.5/10 (or even 7) to the actual hired team and still 0/10 to our beloved Snowstorm.

I'm just angry about this f'ing ripoff they did. I bought my official warcraft 3 game, I PAYed for it already, still I
need to pay to play "warcraft 3" again. I dont feel like paying for this thing any soon.
Incorrect; you can play on the reforged client without playing reforged. (the only difference afaik being the models, and campaign)
Either way you do loose many of the features of the origional warcraft 3 (no clans, no single player, no lan, no custom campaigns (yet?), and gain a few new features associated with modern battle.net integration

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
After the original anger blows off, I'd say its still a solid 6/10. Even with many features removed, WC3 is still a great game even today. And they didn't change that.
If the original was a 9/10 for me, I hate to say it but I can't give Reforged less than 6/10. Original score minus 1 for extra bugs, minus another 1 for the fucked up performance and minus 1 for the missing LAN and ladder features.

I like the new editor functions and natives. The funniest part about this is that they dont even require Reforged...

Level 10
Incorrect; you can play on the reforged client without playing reforged. (the only difference afaik being the models, and campaign)
Either way you do loose many of the features of the origional warcraft 3 (no clans, no single player, no lan, no custom campaigns (yet?), and gain a few new features associated with modern battle.net integration
Ah okay! I thought multiplayer and patches are not awailable, just the vanilla thing if you install it offline.

Level 8
Thanks for answers for everyone, currently we are at 1,9 hive user review vs 0,6 Metacritic user review
Nov-rastrov-obr-zek-67.png
Current difference is 1,3 I will not jump to any conclusion, I will just update it from time to time because I find it interesting

Edit: I do not think it is statistically valid or anything, I just like when people click on my poll.

Level 3
Pretty much 0 metauser score. If EULA never interfere custom map now own to (Activision) Blizzard and never remove custom campaign. I'd to give 5 metauser score.

Level 17
Oh, so that's why you need 20gbs for Classic.
You need 20gb I think, because you are dling the reforged models as well. The client holds both, and you can switch with a button in the options. So if they still haven't gone away with the old file storage, you can just open the MPQ and swap out the models if you really wanted to.

However I'm sure bnet 2.0 does some sort of file integrity check?

Level 8
Warcraft III is 10/10.
Reforged is ugh maybe 6/10?
Since it destroys Warcraft III, reforged final score is 6-10=-4 (negative four). Off the charts. I'll have to go with 0.
This.
Reforged is not TFT. It cannot carry any positive properties over from the product that it serves to improve, because that's an entirely different product.

I rate it 0, because negative scores aren't on the table. But that's what this is. It is literally worse than nothing.

After the original anger blows off, I'd say its still a solid 6/10. Even with many features removed, WC3 is still a great game even today. And they didn't change that.
If the original was a 9/10 for me, I hate to say it but I can't give Reforged less than 6/10. Original score minus 1 for extra bugs, minus another 1 for the fucked up performance and minus 1 for the missing LAN and ladder features.
You are literally saying that you rate Reforged -3. It took the game from 9/10 to 6/10. That's minus 3... not 6/10.
Reforged is an addition, not a cumulative sum.

Level 20
Originally I've voted for 3/10, but then I realized that a solid chunk of my reasons to like Reforged comes from the fact that at the base level it is still Warcraft 3. I don't think it's fair to factor those reasons into my assessment as they are something that I already had and therefore they aren't something I got from Reforged.

In my eyes, the only way to judge this game fairly is to consider only the changes and additions that it makes to the original game - and here I feel that, sadly, Reforged is more of a downgrade than upgrade. Thus, I reduced my score to 0.

As for my pros and cons, here's a list - it's obviously subjective and by no means comprehensive, but that's how I feel:

As a disclaimer - I've rated each element from 1-3, where:
- 1 - I like/dislike it.
- 2 - I like/dislike it a lot
- 3 - I like/dislike it a lot and it's a key feature for me

My pros:

- Amazing W3 campaigns -> +3
- Warcraft 3 gameplay -> +2
- World Editor -> +2

- The game runs really well for me -> +3
- I didn't really experience any major bugs -> +2
- I like a decent chunk of the new graphics -> +2
- I really like a build-in grid hotkey option -> +1
- I enjoy some of the tweaks to the campaigns -> +1
- There are some editor additions -> +1

Total: +17 (with W3), +10 (as a remaster)

My cons:

- Axing the Classic client / no light-weight installer / inconsistencies between Classic and Reforged SD-> -3
- No custom campaigns -> -2
- No reforged cutscenes -> -2
- Little new content -> -2
- No offline singleplayer -> -1
- Campaign nerfs -> -1
- Portrait lighting -> -1
- Terrain and some models -> -1
- Still somewhat buggy -> -1

Total: -14

So what's the conclusion here? Well, at least in my eyes - if you're someone who didn't play the original game, I can totally see why you might actually like Reforged, but to a person who played this game for a very long time... Reforged is - as I've said before - a downgrade.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'd vote a 6 for the art, mostly because the terrain and environment don't blend well and that it doesn't resemble Warcraft III that much. As this for a stand alone game it would go towards 8.
In what other matters of the game are concerned, I wouldn't score at all, meaning 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.