• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA score screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about creating a simple score screen like the triggered one at the end of a game of dota? I am curious as the built-in score screen is not correct when using large amounts of dummy units in terms of units trained/killed and total score. I would also like players to be able to chat before the game actually ends.

I assume it means using triggered end game requirements as you can't use the melee victory/defeat conditions.

This is for a melee map, so really what I'd like to see are all the stats that appear in the normal end game stat screen, with a few editions:

Overview - Unit Score, Hero Score, Resource Score, Total Score
Units - Units Produced (Ground, Air, Naval), Units Killed (Ground, Air, Naval), Buildings Razed, Largest Army
Heroes - Heroes Used, Heroes Killed, Items Obtained, Mercenaries Hired, Experience Gained
Resources - Gold Mined, Lumber Harvested, Resources Traded, Tech Percentage, Gold Lost to Upkeep

I can do the actual unit counting/tech % triggering, what I need help with is setting the score screen up so it looks nice.

Level 6
Well,
[trigger=Trigger 1 to show the artificial score screen.]
Events
<your end game event here>
Conditions
<whatever>
Actions
Multiboard - Show <you leaderboard> here.[/trigger]
[trigger=To end the game.]
Events
<The event you want.>
Conditions
<whatever>
Actions
Game - Victory <the winner here> hide dialogs. hide scores.
Game - Defeat <the loser here> hide dialogs. hide scores.
[/trigger]
Or something like that.
That was all off of memory.

It's just a large multiboard set to take up a fairly large percentage of the screen.
When the game is finished, pause all units on the map and create a multiboard with all the different types of information you want to show and set the columns to take up like 25% of the screen (really depends on how many you have - I'd say the 100/the amount of columns).

Status
Not open for further replies.