• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greed-type leaderboard + game ending problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I am quite a n00b, but would like to do something cool and new with the good old Warcraft III game. I was inspired by the Greed game-type in UT3 and would like to implement it to WC3, but I have some difficulties with the leaderboard. In short:
In Greed, player kills enemy players to get their skulls and then carries them to a certain point on the map to get score. There are 3 types of skulls: for 1 point, for 5 points and for 20 points.

1st Problem: If there were just the single-point skulls, it would be the same leaderboard as for any CTF. But, how do I make those different skulls giving different score?

2nd Problem: Players 1 (red) and 2 (blue) are computer-owned and represent the whole team. How do I make a leaderboard like this?:
Red - total score for red team
Player 1 - only his score
Player 2 - only his score
Player 3 - only his score
Blue - total score for blue team
Player 4 - only his score
Player 5 - only his score
Player 5 - only his score

3rd Problem: the game should end after 60 minutes. Then it should stop, compare the scores of both teams and assign the victorious and defeated team. How do I make this, please?

Please, could you help me? And, I would be grateful to share this mapmaking with somebody, who is experienced in heroes designing and balancing and items creating (my wet dream is to beat the popularity of DotA :ogre_hurrhurr: )

Level 17
You would add a diffrent amount to each count for each diffrent skull via an IF then else

So if Item dropped on point is Skull Set playerscore=playerscore +1
Else if item dropped on point is super skull Set playerscore = PLayerscore+3
ETC
For total score you just put set Total score = PLayer 4+5+6 etc for rest on that team and same for red team.
While you set seperate variables for the other people
So basically you want something like this

Set up leaderboard
Create leaderboard blah blah

Then have a variable integerarray of 12

A player Scores a point let say
Event= Item placed or w/e you want
Action: IF Item Comparison=To item
Then Set variable Set Playerscore(Number of player of owner of triggering unit-1 = Playerscore (Number of player of owner of triggering unit-1)+1

Repeat with If as a diffrent item and The +1 As 3 then 5

Seperate trigger

Event: Time elapsed = 3600 which is 60 mins i believe

Action: If (Integer comparison)Playerscore 1>Playerscore 2
Then Pick everyplayer in player group all allies player 1
Victory for picked player
Else Pick every plaer in player group all alllies of player 2
Victory for picked player.

And if you wanna add a stat board use a multiboarding or jboard syste,. Multiboards are for Gui jboards for Jass. You can find tutorials for these with a simple Google search on there might be some on this sight

Also multiboards can be used for count systems so you can count how many of each skull has been scored and other stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.