1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Aeon of Strife] Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Rheiko, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yep. ~

Thanks! I will honestly make it even more better if I have the ability to do so. I also have this idea to turn on the "Auto Item Buying Feature" if you are new to the game, so you can just walk to the base and whenever you have enough money, the system will buy the items corresponding to your hero's build or give an advice which item you should buy first. :s But I'm not gonna put that in the description yet because I'm not sure yet if I can make it. :p

2. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice, a hero killer :D
    Gonna love giving this to my friends for a party when the uni starts, that is if it's released soon :)

3. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

4. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh, this one sounds promissing, subbed.

The conceptual design and the hero sounds promissing (a bit on the more one-dimensional side, which isn't something negative but can be part of the design decission, since it promotes team coordination, tides of blood had some interesting choice in that direction).

Looking forward how this one goes (and i would vollunteer for testing :p)

5. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks!
    I honestly never played Tides of Blood but I did heard that many players prefer that more than DotA back in the days.
    I'd be more than happy if this project can somehow become a successor to that map. :p

Sure, why not! The Alpha Testing Phase is coming soon, So I would like to have some testers in that matter. :D

6. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To be honest, i read more about it than playing it (had my couple of rounds, but at that time i was more of a complete noob considering the AoS genre), so i can only talk from retroperspective (there is a good review about it at lanepushinggames.com ), but from what i know developement had stopped at one point where it has stopped competing against DotA.

7. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This seems interesting. Although, I'd love to see other heroes as well, like Varian.

8. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Absolutely. Varian will of course come in the future update. Because my target for now is to complete 10 heroes, 5 for each side (2 Agi, 2 Str, 1 Int) and I have not yet included Varian there. But he will be the 11th for sure. :)

9. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice to hear that. I already like it. Whenever I see some good models included in the map/campaign I instantly like it. Looking forward to see this finished. Good luck. :)

10. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem, map is still promising, i just was saying there is Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft. so i tought was based on that.

11. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you need hero ideas, I can help about that. I was making a project like you (It contains warcraft heroes) I stopped on that project and created aos about universe of my creation.

12. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I really appreciate it and of course I always need hero ideas even though I have some. If any of you would like to have your favorite Warcraft Heroes to be in-game or simply want to help me with heroes ideas, I suggest you to write it down in this format.

Hero's Name

Icon link : ...
    Model link : ...

• Icon link : ...
      Description : ...

Code (Text):

[simpletable=Hero's Name]
    Icon link   : ...
    Model link : ...

[tabs]

[tab=First Ability Here]
    Icon link     : ...
    [/tab]
    [tab=Second Ability Here]
    [/tab]
    [tab=Third Ability Here]
    [/tab]
    [tab=Ultimate Ability Here]
    [/tab]

[/tabs]

[/simpletable]

Or any format you have as long as you keep it tidy. 4 levels for each normal ability and 3 levels for ultimate ability. I will consider any suggestion I get. :)

Cheers!

13. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have an idea on my mind, which could work well within the map. Showing Cenarius. (I added already numbers, pending from what i saw of the featured hero in the thread, but ofc these all can be changed freely.)

Cenarius, demigod

[​IMG]
    Icon link : standard keeper of the grove icon
    Model link : Standard Keeper of the grove, properly tinted a bit purple (Now really, i haven't found another well looking model for that hero....)

• [​IMG]
      Icon link: standard cyclone ability
      Description : tosses the target unit into the air, making it invulnerable for 4 seconds. On landing, enemies in an area of 200 around the target suffers 75/100/125/150 damage.
      Range: 300/450/500/600
      Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds

Tactic: use this ability to initiate pickoffs against an enemy or save your ally. Buys plenty of time for teammates to come, while being a setup for summon groove. Can be cancelled with naturalize beforehand.
      I would say that this one should be maxed first, but priorising pacifying aura is an option.

• [​IMG]
      Icon link: BTNSpell_Nature_AbolishMagic
      Description : Removes any buffs (including stuns) from the target. Enemies affected suffers 25/35/45/55 damage per buff removed (up to 100/140/180/220).
      Range: 500
      Cooldown: 40/35/30/25 seconds
      Tactic: a very powerfull effect, due to its ability to remove stuns or just straightup counter other abilities. Only needs a value point at early levels. Can be used with cyclone to set up a full duration summon groove.
      Editorial notes: The cap on the damage is there to evade the possiblity to oneshot people by stacking buffs on them and remove all of them at once.

• [​IMG]
      Icon link: BTNSylvanEdge
      Description : Decreases the damage of enemies in the area by 10/14/18/22%.
      Area: 900
      Tactic: supportive ability to push the lane and overall give an edge at combat. Makes last hitting for the enemy harder, making an early point an option and could make it a max-first in the support role.

• [​IMG]
      Icon link: BTNThorns
      Description : conjures masses of writhing plants in the area of 350, which constrict and damages enemies in the area. After 3,5 seconds of growing, every enemy in the area loose 90% movementspeed and 50% attackspeed while suffer 40/60/80 damage every second for 6 seconds or until they leave the area.
      Range: 400
      Cooldown: 90 seconds
      Tactic: huge teamfight ult that needs a proper setup. Setup can be given by cyclone.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  14. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm. Code is too long to write for me. I'm lazy person :)

Grommash Hellscream: One of my heroes of my previous projects.
    model link: GrommashHellscream

Stats: STR
    Role: Tank/Insta-killer
    Advantages: +HP/Armor/Regen
    Disadvantages: -Movement speed/Cant escape from casters.

Heroic Leap: Leap to area /600 range and deal 120/180/220/280 damage to Area (250) and slow them 40% for 3 seconds. 15 sec cooldown.
    Berserk: Deals 5/6/7/8% maximum health of target damage every attacks, but grommash take 50% more damage when use it. Last 5 seconds. 40/38/35/32/30 sec cooldown.
    Gorehowl: (Passive) 20/26/32/40% splash damage every attack.
    Giant Hearth: immune to death for 4/5/6 seconds. 60 sec cooldown and 100 mana cost.

Here it is. I hope you like it.

15. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Neat! Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Those ideas are interesting!

16. trebla ratilla

trebla ratilla

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i really love it. hope you will finish it :pwink: good luck @Rheiko

17. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Due to university activities which starting to get piled up, the progress might go a bit slower. But worry not, as I am very determined to finish this project. :D

18. CampScouter

CampScouter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, awesome map. But I have a suggestion with this map: ( I'm not a reviewer myself, but I want to suggest what I feel is good for your map )
    1. Can you add a BOSS CREEP? like the strongest of the strongest? or If you have one, like the one in the middle map in your map. Make them strong and add some ancient creeps, and normal creeps.
    2. Terrain looks good. But if you like, you could add like secret paths or hidden ways (But not backdoor to towers :pgrin:)
    3. Add fun mods:)
    4. And Finally, enjoy making your map ;)

Good Luck with your Map Dude. Hope I helped you with my suggestions! :)
    P.S. I'm looking forward on playing this map :goblin_good_job:

19. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what you mean by ancient creeps and normal creeps, what's the difference? Please elaborate more and yes, there will be 2 Boss Creeps in the middle.
    Would love to, but I'd probably do it in the future.
    What kind? Can you be more specific?
    I surely do!

Thank you for the kind words. :)

20. CampScouter

CampScouter

Resources:
    Resources:

Ok, so the Ancient creeps are more powerful than the normal creeps, their exp. points will only be achieved by the team who killed them.

I just thought it would be fun if you will add these mods and modes:

-WTF Mode
    -Test Mode
    -Changing weather environment
    -Tiny Heroes