• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item system suggestion for AOS map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Actually i've just started my AOS map. I plan to make many heroes on them with many custom ability. I've already made some of those hero and any trigger related to multiboard, bounty , revive and anything. BUT, i don't have any idea for the item system.

Is anyone have any idea for the item system? Is i should make it normal item like in 3 corr, or a complicated one like in dota? And do you like play AOS with tome based? I mean, player can increase his stats unlimited, not like stat bonus item that limited by inventory slots.

Simply, what item system do you like much?

FYI, my AOS seems related to Blizzard Warcraft's story, some of Blizz character are there (Grom, Thrall, Cairne, Arthas Evil, Archimonde, Mannoroth), but with new abilities.

Level 8
leopard i sugessted at the fourm you started in dwarfcampign you make a giant pot in each base and you can merge items together to make new ones :wink:

Level 5
llama has a pretty good idea, and tomes do suck.
you should make an item seller that sells crafts that you can combine to make weapons,which means you make tons of crafts like metal,Iron,Tin,ect.

Level 5
I think the point is how much time do you want to spend for an items system.
I think with enough time nearly all is possible. Something like in Wow talents for creating weapons, armor etc. Perhabs you can do something like they used in Legacies. One slot for each type of armor: right hand, left hand etc. That could be a great feature of your map.
If you haven't so much time, create normal items, with special abilities.
If you want to finish your map as fast as possible create 10 items, insert tomes and ready...
your choice...

Level 7
There are a few very important reasons why tomes suck. First off when you can get lets say +2 perma to strength for lets say 400 gold why would you do anything but stock up on tomes? cause you can just keep on going until you are an unholy juggernaut of power, by the simple process known as farming. For an item system I suggest using something like what dota has, its long and stupid but it does work.

Level 22
Never NEVER make it so dealing with items takes the players away from battle for an extended period of time. You learn quick that whoever has more players on the battlefield- wins. Making it too complicated like the recipe system in dota and you will have lots of players that wont even use it. (i.e. trying to hunt down items when you got people screaming at you to support them in a fight does not make you popular as a teammate.) My suggestions is to ust have normal shops that sell normal items.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.