• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of might and magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
hmm... sounds good to me, I like the Cerberus being used here, Vampires would probably be the better choice (while most of Order's units will be Mechanical, Nagas will be the weak link in the chain), I reckon Dragon Golems would pwn the main strengthes of the Death race (choosing Gold Golems and Dragon Golems will force them to maneuvre their Vampires very well).

Now to reference the listed Tactics. For Order, the choices are Gold Golems, Dragon Golems, but here's where it gets tricky: Naga if dealing with Vampires, and Genies if dealing with Venom Spawns. Yeah... I would have a tough time choosing between the two regardless of what the enemy gets. Let's just say, while the Naga have higher resistance, if you protect the Genies enough you can cover their lack of health. However, if you so much as slip up once, you will end up feeding the Vampires. Yeah... this choice is a tough one :O

Level 35
As for the Death Tactics, apparantly you should go all out Undead units. Which I find is bogus, because I personally think that the Cerberus would be a wiser choice. Although Ghosts do have their good points... the main reason for choosing the Ghosts is so that they can absorb high amounts of damage (due to their awesome abilities) and high speed, but the Cerberus... the Cerberus could deal a lot of damage in one hit, so I'd say that this choice is a matter of opinion. I'd probably have to slide over to the Ghosts personally purely because Necromancy tips things in their favour (start increasing their numbers with low levels of Necromancy :3).

Level 35
Vampires would probably be my choice out of them and the Venom Spawn, because even though they can't regenerate against the Mechanicals, their No Retalation is still invaluable and it will make the enemy think twice about bringing in their level 1 units. Furthermore, Grandmaster Necromancy will bring in a good amount of Vampires for every battle you do against creeps, so you can start steam-rolling the map :3

The final choice should apparantly be Bone Dragons, which I am inclined to agree with. They are bulkier than the Devils, can withstand the Titan's Ranged Attack a lot better and can cause Fear on the non-mechanical targets. However, the Devils do have their good points, namely the summoning of Ice Demons, but this can be easily countered by Banish. They can Teleport, but that's not completely worthwhile imo, as they will be targetted first (destroying any real threat to their Titans for an extra turn, allowing them to shoot your poor Vampires D:).

Level 35
Hmm... I'm curious as to what move sets you'd go for on your heroes when playing as Death :3

I for one love how the Death has access to both the most economical heroes in the entire game - the Lord and the Thief. The Thief, if used properly, can aquire loose resources on the map, even those protected by creeps. The Lord, on the other hand, will boost your economy with Estates and Mining, and will improve your army in the long term with Nobility :3

Level 35
As a fan of the Lord hero (I will use this Nobility whenever I can :3), I will go him, but will also try and accomplish Death Magic on him in order to go for the Dark Lord bonus. I will also get Combat, but I won't improve that too much until I can gurantee that I have become a Dark Lord (as it will switch to the Combat/Nobility combination hero type if I improve Combat too much). And as I only really want a select few abilities from Combat (not really both Melee and Ranged, but one or the other. And Magic Resistance is really just an option :p), it makes it much more practical to invest in Death Magic :3

As for the other hero of choice, I like to start off with a Necromancer. That is because Death Knights are gay. But if I start with a Death Knight, I will go for a Necromancer before the Lord. Why? Necromancy. The sooner I get that up and running, the better, and the more Vampires I will have in the long term :3

Level 18
well lets see i havent played h4 in a long time so i forgot but i prefer to chose the magic skills over the might,deathknights suck and they're a rip off of the knights,its good to have combat (just the skill combat) so your heroes HP will be big,tactics is nice because it boosts your army's status.(leadership in death castle=possbile fail)
Oh i like the ninjas (scout&deathmagic) cuz their attacks are poison,generals on the other hand are nice two but kinda phail.
Some combinations are better than other ofc,i remember that if you chose nature and combat you became a summoner or something and you got a bounus on summoning wolves,well wtf why wolves?Why not tigers or something stronger,wolves phail.
Another rly nice class is the deamon summoner,it gives you +50 to the creatures you summon.I dont know if its true because I've never gotten a hero to such a high level but you should be able to summon 50 devils!(if you're strong enough)

Level 35
:O
50 Devils?!?!? That'd be AWESOME!! =D

Yea, that's another class to consider, especially when there's map objects offering to teach you Basic Nature Magic :3

Leadership for Death is a definite fail lolol

Yea, the Nature + Combat ability fails, especially considering there's a class that does that AND gives you the exact same bonus for Tigers lolol (can't remember the combo just yet :p)

Btw, the Dark Lord (Nobility + Death Magic) gets the bonus of giving any enemies it attacks Maximum Negative Morale. So, in that sense, the only thing I'd immediately go for in terms of Combat skills for such a hero would be high Combat ability to increase it's durability.

But what's your opinion on these tactics? :p

Level 35
Yeah, that's the thing I use too =D
Btw, did you see the Archmage class? You just need 3 of any Magic Class to get +20% bonus on all spell effects =D
I'd totally go for that and then get Combat :3

But ultimately, General is a great class to go for as any race other than Death :3

What classes do you reckon you'd like? :3

Level 18
Yeah but the chances of that are pritty low because when you level up you usually get to level your abilitys,not learn new skills
nah Lord commander is better because it gives you +2 morale and you still get all the soldier bonuses and resource and creatures bounuses
Also notice that the bestlord and beastmaster are lower levels of enchanter,like wtf this game is very unbalanced

Level 35
Shit... I replied to this... wtf??

Anyway, I totally agree that the Lord Commander class is better :O
Can't believe they'd make the General class so redundant tbh... :/
The only reason I would have gone for the General Class, however, would have been so that I could get Combat and invest heavily in that :3
But now that I see the Lord Commander Class's bonus, I'd go for that and THEN probably Combat, but too a lesser extent.

Yea, the Beastmaster is like worse than the Beastlord and then the Enchanter is just pwnage lolzorz

They didn't think the classes through too well imo (then again, it does seem that you get better bonuses for strange combinations, such as Order Magic and Nature Magic [as neither can learn the spells of the other])

Level 18
Well atleast the class system was something new and somewhat refreshing,they should have put it in H5 and diffrent heroes too,in h4 there were 22 diffrent hero mele models,in h5 just 6 wtf it anit cool for all the heroes form one class to look like eachother,its very unrealistic and its lower than h3.(18 mele heroes)

Level 35
Hmm... what battle situation should we discuss now? How about... Might VS Order?

lol, imo Order has a great upperhand considering the Might race isn't that good as an anti-magic race anymore, so going for Mages, Genies and Titans is probably the best way to go for the Order race.

However, Might can also aquire some ground to stand on with Harpies, Cyclopes and Thunderbirds. The reason for choosing Harpies and Thunderbirds is quite simply for the added mobility which will allow you to attack the enemy very soon. The Mages WILL get Poison off, and the Genies WILL cast Illusion on the most powerful creatures on the field (either Titans or Thunderbirds), so attacking the Mages and Genies ASAP is essential for winning as the Might race.

Your opinionz?

Level 18
Order has a really big chance of wining if they pick the mages,because they cant be stronger than might in well might,altough they can win if they are bigger in numbers and the genies,mages and heroes dont summon other creatures to the fight.

Level 35
Well, Might is almost guranteed to be bigger in numbers due to the Breeding Pens, but the question is, will they have the funds to support it? That's where the Lord Class really comes in handy (in addition to an even further boost to the creature growth rate, it will boost your economy sexily :3)

However, the Lord Class itself won't really help in terms of Economy considering that he/she will boost the creature growth as well lol, so Gold Mines are essential. Early scouting is difficult as Might, however, but I think it's even more difficult for Order.

Who do you reckon would have the upperhand in the resource battle?

Level 35
True, but don't forget, the Might race has access to the Lord as well as the Barbarians (which are, imo, the MOST powerful heroes in the game purely because they start off with one more ability than anyone else :3)

And also, don't forget that the Might race will also have Breeding Pens, allowing them to essentially double their growth rate with Nobility.

But the question lies in who can gather loose resources the fastest? Who do you reckon could creep fastest? I reckon Might would be better at creeping (sacrificing Berserkers along the way as they're cheap, numerous and F***ING POWERFUL!! RAWR!!!), but what do you think?

Level 18
indeed might will be better creepers because with order its just boring since your army is just dwarves and those slingshot dudes and maybe a few golems or mages.Deffenetly Might could be ritcher,altough the Order has that bank building witch gives 10% more income each week.

Level 35
Yeah, true, Order does have a lot in terms of resource hax lol
Mind you, the only other two Might heroes they have access to are both the Knight and the Death Knight. That's kinda gay imo lol
So... it would appear that Order may in fact end up with more resources in the long term, granting them a certain upperhand in the battle. However, Might, being better at creeping, should be able to dominate whatever Gold Mines are found first. So... I reckon that if I were the Might player, I would find it necessary to rush the opponent. That is, get the Gold Mines, build the Breeding Pens and Behemoth Crag, let my army grow for 1 or 2 weeks, then attack the enemy before they have a chance to fight back. Sound good to you? Or do you have a different idea? :3

Level 35
True, although I don't like using Charm and Diplomacy, that is true...
But even then, Might would still have a huge number more creatures, so the ones that they do lose won't really matter.
Furthermore, you'd attack early, before the Order even has a good enough level on Charm and Diplomacy to screw you over.

Level 35
True, like how large it is, how many Gold Mines there are, what kinds of creeps are protecting the Gold Mines... the list goes on :p
But we should not forget that the Might race will go for high mobility unit choices to deal with the Order's Mages and Genies ASAP, and so will be able to traverse the map at a much greater rate (with the obvious exception of the Cyclopes, but you don't need those when you're scouting :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.