• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Wars: Revived and Evolved

Start on Hero Wars: R&E

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well we all here played hero wars, but the bs thing is that ppl pick overpowered characters and tome like crazy, and its not fun. So, cause Im finishing up my current project, I will start this as soon as that one is done.

Basically Im thinking, no more tomes. No stun gay moves. Moves will be original. Also dont worry I will not put any item combination system to make new items. There will be a goblin zeplin flying around the map at only certain times that you can guy items from. Not overpowered items. I mean like 10% mana regen, or 5% speed increase. Small things that make a difference. Big is not always better (unless were talking about a penis).

Also another thing we all loved was the arena battles in hero wars. But alot of the time we didnt get the fight. So now, Im a make a new system were its will be a 2vs2 person in the arena fight. Also, there will be a mail system where you can send challanges to the other team and fight in a seperate smaller arena, while the game is taking place. Now you might be thinking cool but why have that?

Well whats the gratitude of playing a game for an hour when it ends you dont recieve anything from it? None. So, I will put in a reward system in, for every twenty kills you get a gold trophy, for every game you win you get a bronze trophy 5 bronze trophy = a gold trophy and these trophys can be used to buy special (NOT overpowered) items that you can save and load in the begining of the game to have a certain advantage.

Also all the characters are remade, in with the new and out with the old. They might look the same but they look better.

So what you guys think?

Should I start on this or blahhh.

Level 11
Quick question to add. I was thinking off adding secondary proffession thats you can choose from, instead of shops and stuff. So like:

Alchemist:
Can make hp potions and mana potions

Architect:
Can create towers (instead of buying a peon)

Blacksmithing:
Create armor and weapons

Herbalist Miner:
Can harvest wood, stone, iron and herbs faster then the proffesions above, which would be a helper on a team.

Level 11
I Currently need spell ideas for these characters:

Shaman
Sorceress
Troll Marine
Death King
Tank (A DPS TANK, not an actual tank)
Hydra
Monk

Anyone feel like using there imagination? Cause mine is on vacation.

Level 11
Well im kinda necrobumpin this cause Im finishing a new hero wars map and just out of curiosity wondering if ppl would be interested in playing a new one.

Level 1
you are suggesting alot of changes.. so much.. that i think it shouldn't be called a hero wars game. i've played 100s of hero wars games.. got like 80-100 different maps.

No toming? sounds like a bad idea. how would we get stronger then? only items that give you more damage or something?

I agree that there are overpowered heroes especially in the Distinct version. But the key to winning a hero wars game is team work. 5 noobs-average player with the best heroes couldn't beat me and my friends with the worst. just saying that the heroes are a important part. but if you all got bad ones it doesn't mean you will lose. in fact .. in all the games i've played with atleast one other friend in it i only remember losing only one time..

2 vs 2 and challenge system are good. although some versions have that already
___

Well whats the gratitude of playing a game for an hour when it ends you dont recieve anything from it? None.

___

and i always thought people played games cause they are fun. seriously though.. the game is fun thats why people play it. the reward system doesn't sound bad. but isn't needed at all.

well. will just have to wait and see the only idea i really dont like is the No Tomes. How to tome is one of the key things in Hero Wars. It's one of the things that makes someone a pro. i'd like to see the map and then i can judge it better :p

Status
Not open for further replies.