• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hero Gauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok so here's the idea. This map would consist of 5 battle arenas.

Here's how you'd play the game step by step:

First you begin by choosing your hero. After choosing your hero you would then be placed in the first starting arena. This first area will be of course the easiest BUT will hold challenge. No one wants an easy easy game. In the first arena there will be 10 waves that will take place. These waves of creeps will gradually get tougher. After these 10 waves are done you will then face 3 powerful boss waves which will consist of either a single boss, or a group of boss creeps.
Located inside of the first arena will also be a fountain which will of course heal your HP and mana. Along with this will be a store with very common items.

Once you've defeated the final boss of the first arena you will move onto the second arena. This stage will hold 8 waves that will gradually increase in power, along with 3 very powerful bosses at the end. This stage however will have a weaker fountain that will not heal your stats as quickly as the first stages. The item store will however have uncommon items, stronger than the common.

Finally on stage 3 you will face 6 waves of powerful enemies which will have support units with each wave. These support units may buff the creeps or you, heal the enemies, or may have other supporting powers to make it tougher for you. Also in this stage the fountain will be quite slow at healing. To compensate for the slow fountain heal there will be a support store with potions along with other helpful items.

Now stage 4. Only 5 waves but they will also have the support creeps. Along with the support will be elite creeps. These will be like mini bosses that come at you during the waves. During this stage the fountain which may have been a haven for players during waves on other stages is now useless during the 4th stage. The location it is in will not be accessible during waves, only during the 30 second intervals between waves. The item store will however hold the most powerful items to beef out your hero.

Now a possible addition to this map will be the 5th stage or the hero battle stage. This, if implemented, will be optional after the first 4 stages. This meaning a vote will take place for players to decide whether to duel or not. In this stage you will choose for a duel, team battle, or solo arena. Players will be given 2 minutes to choose items, heal, and ready themselves for their battles.

Stage details:

Stage 1:
10 waves
3 Bosses
1 powerful fountain
1 item shop (common)

Stage 2:
8 waves
3 Bosses
1 Medium fountain
1 item shop (uncommon)

Stage 3:
6 waves (support units)
3 Bosses
1 Weak fountain
1 Item shop (Rare)
1 Support item shop (potions)

Stage 4:
5 waves (support/elite units)
3 Bosses
1 Powerful fountain
1 Item shop (Heroic items)
1 support shop

Between each wave will be 30-45 second intervals.

Stage 5:
Arena Modes ~~ Team Battle
Solo Battle
Duels

Team Battle:
All players will choose teams amongst each other by allying themselves up. To do this the players will enter a code like -ally red for example. The players will then be given 1-2 minutes to choose items, support items, or plan strategies. If possible and one of the players has no one to team up with they may be given a ghost of their own hero but with less damage and hp. This will leave them handicapped but it gives them the ability to control the ghost unit and their own.

Solo Battle:
Everyone vs. everyone. Again given the 1-2 minutes to choose items and edit hero's but in the end all heroes will be placed in the arena to battle one another.

Duels:
This will be up to the players to decide who they duel by typing in -duel red for example. If a player is left without an opponent then they will wait out the set duels and be automatically placed against an opponent.

Anything in this map is subject to change but not sure yet still a very rough idea. I may MAY work on making this map but will get help if I choose to do so. I hope people like the idea because I think it would be a fun game whether you played it online or single player.

Feed back will be appreciated.

Level 8
Good idea - I like arenas.
I suppose it would be good to have different terrain each level, for instance.
1st level - grass, river with bridge
2nd level - sand, rock obstacles
3rd level - forest clearing
4th level - blight with graves and corpses

Try to avoid the trap of falling into the "This hero is the tank, this one the DPS...etc" pitfall, it makes your map un-unique.

Level 9
Yes I was planning on having a different type of terrain for each section of the arena. If I got around to it I may even have the terrain effect your hero. Say there is a section of the arena that has a pool that you can fight in, then that would make you movement speed and attack accuracy lower a bit because of having to wade through the water and it making you clumsier.

As for the hero selection, no if I make this map the heros will all be unique. Since you'll be able to play this on your own there will not be any support type heroes. If I made a support hero then he would summon creatures and his support skills would be primarily for the summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.