• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incredible Bosses

What Do you think of Incredible Bosses?

• Looks Great, I would probably play it.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I wouldn’t play it but others might.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think this game looks like a waste of time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is copying impossible bosses, So don’t make this game.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Incredible Bosses
By: Rover2341
Basic Theme

The Theme of the game is to take on the boss as a group. Where teamwork is the key. It is meant to be learned over time and not all figured out in one try. Before each Boss they will have time to stock up on items and equipment. It would also give them time to customize there hero by using their skill points. After every boss they would get a rank on how they will did. And if they defeat all 5 bosses they can send in the replay and ill add it to the list of the players who won the game.

Game Step By Step

Step 1(Begin Round)
Pick Mode
Pick Hero

Step 2 (Battles)
Safe Zone (Buy stuff And use Skill points)
Boss Fight
If win, run step 2, but new boss. If there are no bosses left. Go to Step 4
If lose run step 3.

Step 3 (Lose)
Show Stats, Say you lose, and End game.

Step 4 (Win)
Show Stats, Say you win, and End Game

Modes

Very Easy
Easy
Normal
Hard
Very Hard

Hero’s

Warrior
The Warrior is tough opponent that does well in large battles and is a true protector.

Priest
The Priest heals injured friends while also can call help from the stars.

Mage
The Mage is a very powerful in large groups and can call from the element of lighting.

Ranger
The ranger is fast moving fighter that can capture its enemy’s in nets, and also has very explosive attack.

Shaman
The Shaman is known for its raging attack speeds and Fury Strike.

Safe Zone
The safe zone is used before every boss. You are in the safe zone for 45 seconds that you have time to use shops or upgrade. You may also plan your strategy for the upcoming boss here.

Shops
Shops are used for items, equipment and temporary power ups.

Upgrades
Upgrades are permanent; they require 1 skill point per upgrade. And they may be upgraded 10 times for each type.

Bosses

Robot
This Boss is a robot that can shoot lasers and missiles. It also can make worker Robots in the battle, to build generators that power towers.

Mage
This Boss can cast from all the elements. It also has the power to clone a hero and have it fight against you. It also has Magic towers that gain magic power over time, if there all fully powered it will open a portal.

Pirate
This Boss can strike you with he’s sword, throw bear at you, and even call from the creatures of the sea to help him. He also has a friends trying to get to there cannon towers by boat.

Possessor
This boss can take control of a random player, and turn them ageist the team. Send freighting ghost out and shoot waves of darkness. And can give you the kiss of death.

Dragon
This boss shoots fire, and can claw its enemy’s. It also lays eggs.

Things that are applied to All Boss Battles

Cash Drop
Drops 10 coins worth 5 gold each. Drops 1 coin per 10 seconds.

Angry Boss
For every percent the boss is hurt he’s spells will do that much percent more damage.

Phases
All Bosses will have 5 stages. They will start at stage 1, but will get stronger as the stages go by. The boss will only go up stages if the players can’t stop the way they charge.

Spell Repeat
All Bosses can’t do the same spell twice.

Boss Cast Time
All Spells Have at least 1 second cast time.

Rank

Rank S
No one Died

Rank A
1-2 died

Rank B
3-4 died

Rank C
5-6 died

Rank F
7 or more died

Overall Ranks
This will be shown at the end of the game.

Commands
Camera Modes

Stats

Looking For Feed Back

1.What do you think of the concept of Incredible Bosses?

2.Do you feel this is too much copying the idea of impossible bosses?

3.Do you have any hero or boss suggestions?

4.Is This Post Clear?

5.Any other suggestions of comments.

Note:At this point the game is just a concept, i am collecting feedback to see if people think about it and trying to make a estimate of how long the game would take me. This is just step 1 of my planing phase, in other words it just shows the major concepts. I am currently working on my next planing phase where it has all the hero's spells boss spells ect.

Side Note:The concept of this game is very much based off the game called "impossible bosses" But i am hoping to make the game in my own light. With all different bosses, all different hero's, ect. But still using things that worked well in its game like Coin drop, and ranks, and perhaps even the way you pick your hero.

Level 18
1. The game sounds like it's going to be... short. Only 5 guys to kill might make it not so fun.
The replay thing is probably not going to work because:
-People don't like to do so much effort saving a replay and send it to a site so their names can be pasted on a list of people who also recorded their game.
-I don't think anybody is going to be interested in the list. So also probably no-one will probably send any replays.

2. Never played the game.

3. Don't make it a regular Wc3 boss that you fight with your heroes, make make the bosses be battled with the brains of the players. A few battles can be easily won by just hitting the bosses with your heroes, but to make it challenging, I suggest you insert something that makes people solve some kind of puzzle to harm the bosses (like doing something that removes the boss' big defences or something)

4. The post is very clear in my opinion. Even though for a concept you only have to post the gameplay, idea's for parts of the game and the storyline (if you got one), but adding hero/boss info doesn't hurt.

5. All mentioned above :wink:

Level 12
1.The replay thing and list, i agree most wont be too interesting in. But for the game impossible bosses, it did quite well. because winning was such a challenge that they didn't care if they had to send it in. But this isn't really important anyway.

3. You wont have a chance if you just stand there and use your spells. you will have to be dodging things moving the hole time. It sounds like it is what you are saying.

The game should last 20-40 min.

The game isn't quite made yet. This is still a concept.

Thank you for the feedback.

Level 12
Angry_Bovine
More unique classes if possible.
There are the spells i have planned currently. Their amount of mana cost or cool down or dmg, or aoe amount is balanced out at all yet. Just their main ideas for spells. The balance isn't there just the main concept.

Do you think they are different enough? Any suggestions?

Warrior

1. Physical Immune
This spell makes the hero, Immune to physical damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by magic attacks by 100%.
Mana Cost: 10
Cool Down: 10 sec

2. Magic Immune
This spell makes the hero, Immune to magic damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by physical attacks by 100%.

3. Tough Skin
This is passive skill that the hero will take 30% less damage from physical.
Mana Cost: N/A
Cool Down: N/A

4. War Stomp
Everywhere around the hero will be slowed, in there attack rate, and boss will be slowed in its spell rate also the movement speed will be slowed.
Mana Cost: 5
Cool Down: 5 sec

5. Strong Strike
Deals a very Powerful Blow.

6. Taunt
Causes Anyone with in 500 range, to target This hero for 5 seconds.
Mana Cost: 25
Cool Down: 30 sec

7. Team Shield
Shields Every Player, With in 750 range .

Priest

1. Physical Immune
This Spell makes the hero, Immune to physical damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by magic attacks by 100%.

2. Magic Immune
This Spell makes the hero, Immune to magic damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by physical attacks by 100%.

3. Recast
This is passive skill that the hero will have a 20% to cast the same spell twice. Excluding Falling Stars.

4. Regeneration Buff
Buffs one target, healing them 10hp every 5 seconds.

5. Heal
Heals one target, 100 hit points

6. Heal Bounce
Channeling Heal Bounce. Heals a random player every 3 sec 50 hit points 30% chance to bounce and heal another target. It may continue bounces.
Cool Down: 20 sec

7. Falling Stars
Shields Every Player, With in 750 range .

Mage

1. Physical Immune
This Spell makes the hero, Immune to physical damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by magic attacks by 100%.

2. Magic Immune
This Spell makes the hero, Immune to magic damage, but at a cost of increasing the amount of damage taken by physical attacks by 100%.

3. Recast
This is passive skill that the hero will have a 20% to cast the same spell twice. Excluding Falling Stars.

4. Lightning Shield
This spell, adds a lightning shield to a teammate, that will 5 dmg to anyone near them every second. It also has 5% when damaging in opponent to do 50 damage. Last up to 30 seconds.

5. Zap
Zaps Target for 100 damage
Mana Cost: 20
Cool Down: 8 sec

6. Cloud of lightning
Creates a cloud that shoots lightning under it randomly (.0-5 sec) doing random damage (1-200). The cloud also floats around, it last 15 sec’s. Doing AOE Damage to all under it.

7. Lightning Chain
Channeling spell Zaps a random person every 2 sec with a 80% chance to bounce doing 50 damage per hit. Last 10 sec.

Ranger

1. Physical Immune

2. Magic Immune

3. Sniper Shot
This is passive skill that the hero will give the hero a 10% chance to do 2x The damage on an attack

4. Evasion Buff
Everyone around the hero will have a 10% chance to dodge in attack.
Cool Down: 45 sec

5. Sprint
Max’s hero’s move speed for 7 seconds.

6. Mass Net
Anyone with in 500 ranges will have a net thrown over them. It will last 5 seconds. It will just halt there movement.

7. Exploding Arrow
A Channeling spell that shoots arrows that explodes. They do aoe damage, at one selected location. Last 10 seconds, arrows shoot 1 per sec doing 50 dmg each.

Shaman

1. Physical Immune

2. Magic Immune

3. Rage
This is passive skill that the hero will have a 10% chance in attack to double its attack speed for 3 seconds.

4. Group Slice
Everywhere around will have double damage for the next 2 attacks

5. Berserk
Does 25% more damage but the hero takes 25% more damage also.

6. Bloodlust
This spell makes the hero gain 20% of any unit killed while active.

7. Fury Strike
This is a channeling spell that charges for a very powerful attack. First you select a unit to attack, and start the charge. At any time after the charge is started the unit can click on the spell again to do the charge attack. Or after it has changed for 10 seconds it will auto strike the target.
Damage is the amount of Seconds changed x attack damage.
Note: Must be within 500 ranges the whole time. If the target walks out of range the spell is canceled.
Mana Cost: 30
Cool Down: 40 sec

Avator
I was thinking. If you got to an are to spend skill points and buy stuff, why would that matter if you only got 5 bosses? How can you gain XP for levelling for skill points at all?

I was planing on doing this how "impossible bosses" does it. one skill point per boss. Plus you will be able to buy skill points with cash. There would be no leveling, just skill points.

Level 12
Well, i tried not to put everything, because its already text heavy.
but everyone gets more gold after the boss fight if they do well. They will also get one skill point per boss no matter what. And you can buy a skill point for 30 gold or something.

Rank S
No one Died
Reward: 30 gold
Rank A
1-2 died
Reward: 25 gold
Rank B
3-4 died
Reward: 20 gold
Rank C
4-6 died
Reward: 15 gold
Rank F
6 or more died
Reward: 10 gold

Also there is gold coins that drop during the battle (10 of them worth 5 gold each).

Its not so much a farming game as a skill and strategy game. You normally only get 1 or 2 equipments the hole game and 5-6 skill points and some potions. depending how many bosses there are. but with 5 it would be something like that.

Its harder to explain with out playing "impossible bosses once"
because the type of game if very unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.