• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, here is the deal:
I want to make a Hero map with lots of heroes and nice triggered abilitys.
After I made a spell... I figured that I was out of ideas.
So here is my request:
I want you to give me a Hero idea, including following:
-The model. (HAS TO BE IN GAME!!)
-The spells. I need 3 basic spells with 4 ability levels and 1 ultimate with 2 ability levels.
The more details you add, such as attack range, speed, hitpoints, and other behaviours, the better.
You don't have to say all the ability levels for the spells, but the more accurate you are, the better!

Also, I want to make this into a Hero map, but, what kind?

I have some suggestions:
-Hero Survival (Co-op against waves).
-Versus Hero Survival (2 teams battle against eachother against waves, the waves might be spawned by the players or the creeps may be spawn automatically and you are using PvP spells (As in Enfo's Hero Survival)).
-AoS map (You battle against other Heroes in an arena to destroy the enemys base or something else. Creeps spawn automatically or are summoned by the players (As in DotA).

Please, "vote" for your favorite of these, or come with more ideas!

Thanks for your help!

_PV

_PV

Level 7
i have one sick idea for a blademaster, if you interested? i already created him, dont have a use for him :\ if you want him, let me know...
he has 4 abilities:
1. Elegant Thrust
2. Blade storm
3. Cunning Blade
4. (ultimate) Pyromania (a powerfull fire based attack that knocks the effected unit back and the effected unit gets damaged (burnt, in this case) periodically.

He is known as Chidori The Blademaster

I think an AOS would be the most fitting =)

Level 8
Two lil' questions:
1) Sci-fi, fantasy or mixed?
2) If models must be in-game, what abut skins?

1. That is for the voting.
Good question thought, please tell me any ideas that you have!

2. No skins or anything else from outside the original game, because that would just:
-Increase its size. (Longer loading time etc.)
-Would take time from triggering the spells or make the terrain to import stuff instead.
-Mean that I need to write credits for all the models, however, I will write the idea credits, ofcourse, I just want the map original.

EDIT:
i have one sick idea for a blademaster, if you interested? i already created him, dont have a use for him :\ if you want him, let me know...
he has 4 abilities:
1. Elegant Thrust
2. Blade storm
3. Cunning Blade
4. (ultimate) Pyromania (a powerfull fire based attack that knocks the effected unit back and the effected unit gets damaged (burnt, in this case) periodically.

He is known as Chidori The Blademaster

I think an AOS would be the most fitting =)

No thanks, I'd rather do it all myself, but if that is a Hero idea, please tell me what all the spells is doing, instead of just giving me the names, and if you don't want him in my map, then you don't have to.
And, as said, I will give credits for the idea.

EDIT 2: Trillium, I understand you don't want something original, but, for the time being, I will use normal models, I might add custom models at the end.

Level 15
Alrighty then. Let's get going.

Demolisher
Highly unstable and dangerous hero. He's friendly in his heart, but it only adds a new meaning to the phrase "friendly fire".
Model: Goblin Sapper
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Very slow ranged attack (range 500); I'd use some grenade missile from the site, but Drunken Haze missile + explosion effect at end would work as well. Damage goes splash and can damage allies, if they are close to Demolisher's target.
Abilities:

Keg of Powder - hides a keg of gunpowder on the ground, with a lighted fuse. after 10 seconds the keg explodes, dealing X damage to all nearby units.
Nitroglicerine - tosses a bottle of nitroglicerine at target location, which explodes, dealing X damage to all nearby units, if:
a) there are any units in area of effect (otherwise it lies there as a unit)
b) it is hit
c) anyone passes nearby
d) an explosion (including Demolisher's auto-attack attack!) occurs near it.
Pyromanic Glee - Passive. Restores X mana to the Demolisher when he kills something with an explsion (well, that means any of his attacks =)). With Y% chance (Y is approx. 4% on rank 1 and 16% on rank 4) resets all cooldowns for Demolisher.
Experimental Explosive - Ultimate - Dangerous thing. Never know what will happen. What may happen:
10% - the Demolisher explodes in a fascinating fountain of blood;
15% - the Demolisher deals X damage to everything within 700 range;
15% - the Demolisher unleashes a wave of fire, dealing Y damage to everything in front of him, up to 1000 away.
7% - The new explosive not only works, but it also appears to posses some magical qualities... Every enemy within 1000 range vanishes in a spectacular explosion.
15% - Dud. Nothing happens.
15% - The chunk of explosive falls apart, and the Demolisher quickly puts the smaller chunks into his explosive bottles. Demolisher's attack damage is increased by 100% for 15 seconds.
20% - Unbelievable! It works! The Demolisher manages to toss the explosive before it goes off in his hand, dealing X damage to a random enemy within 700 range and all enemies around it.
2% - The Demolisher is launched into the sky (acidentaly) and slams at random point, dealing Z damage to everything within 700 range of the landing point.
1% - The Demolisher and anything within 1000 range vanish in a tremendous mushroom-shaped explosion.

Mutologist
Another unstable Hero, but of different kind. Also, this one is sci-fi.
Model: Marine (or Witch Doctor, if you keep it fantasy)
Attack speed is average, hits in melee.

Abilities:

Regenerate - Heals target for X and additional X over 10 seconds.
Virulent Mutagen - Deals Y bonus damage to the target. If target dies, it turns into Mutated Spawn (the Spawn hasn't got multiple levels, like Dark Minion). Auto-cast, based off Black Arrows.
Enhancing Mutation - Increases random attribute of the target Hero by 1. Loooong cooldown and huuuuge mana cost.
Prototype Genes - Ultimate. With 33/50% (on ranks 1 and 2 respectively) chance turns the target Hero into a killing machine of doom (not literally) for 30 seconds. With 33/25% turns the Hero into Mutated Spawn.

The thing about Mutologist, is that all his spells only have 60% chance to work as intended. Genetics are a delicate thing. So:
60% - spell works as intended.
5% - in a surge of regenerative mutation target is restored 100% health.
5% - in surge of enhancive mutation target's attributes are increased by 1 each. If target is not a Hero, nothing happens.
5% - target loses 50% health from a noxious mutation.
5% - target dies.
5% - target turns into a Mutated Spawn.
5% - target turns into a hostile Mutated Spawn.
5% - nothing happens.
5% - target becomes invulnerable for 10 seconds, with 100% increased damage and endless mana. After that it dies.

Elementalist
Weak and fragile, Elementalist's strength lies within his summons. 3 of his spells are based off Tornado (channeled summon).
Model: Archmage
Main Attribute: Agility
Low health, slow and weak melee attack, he is not made for combat. High movment speed only proves that (he who runs away, lives to fight another day).

Abilities:
Fire Elemental - Summons a fire elemental (lava spawn model), with powerful long-ranged (800) attack. The Elementalist gains a damage shield for the duration of the summon, dealing damage equal to Elementalist's total health to anyone who hts him.
Elemental's abilities:
Incinerating Surge - blasts enemies in front of the elemental with hungering flames, dealing X damage per target. Maximum range 1000. (Based off Forked Lightning, with Spirit Link lighting)
Living Flame - Passive. Deals X damage to anyone attacking the elemental.
Firestorm - Deals Y damage per second to all enemies within 700 range. Based off Starfall.

Water Elemental - summons a water elemental with a powerful short-ranged (400-500) splash attack. The Elementalist gains a frost shield for the duration fo the summon, rooting in place anyone who hits him and reducing their attack speed by 200%.
Elemental's abilties:
Waterfall - deals X damage to all enemies within 500 range and stuns them for 1 second. Deals double damage and double stun to enemies in the Elemental.
Tidal Wave - unleashes a tidal wave, dealing Z damage to all enemies in its path and healing allies for same amount. Has short range (500) but wide AoE.
Healing Waters - Passive. Periodically heals all allies that stand in the Elemental. (the elemental has no collision size)

Earh Elemental - summons an earth elemental (Mountain Giant model), with stunning melee attack and very large collision size. The Elementalist gains a shield for the duration of the summon, reducing all damage he takes by 95%.
Elemental's abilties:
Stone Shatter - the elemental sacrifices 5% health to summon a Stone Elemental (golem model), which has a bunch of hp, small damage and stunning attack.
Earthquake - mix of Thunder Clap, Howl of Terror and Taunt.
Rock and Stone - Passive. Reduces all damage taken by the Elemental by X. Based off hardened skin.

Air Elemental - Ultimate. Summons an elusive air elemental, which assumes a viage of the Elementalist (Ghost Antonidas model). This spell is not based off Tornado. Air Elemental has all three elemental summon spells (rank 2 of each on rank 1, rank 4 of each on rank 2), allowing two elementals up simultaneously. Elementals' shields affect only the original Elementalist and same shields do not stack. Air Elemental has a 95% chance to totally negate any damage taken (based off hardened skin), but only 1 hp.

Level 8
Alrighty then. Let's get going.

Demolisher
Highly unstable and dangerous hero. He's friendly in his heart, but it only adds a new meaning to the phrase "friendly fire".
Model: Goblin Sapper
Very slow ranged attack (range 500); I'd use some grenade missile from the site, but Drunken Haze missile + explosion effect at end would work as well. Damage goes splash and can damage allies, if they are close to Demolisher's target.
Abilities:

Keg of Powder - hides a keg of gunpowder on the ground, with a lighted fuse. after 10 seconds the keg explodes, dealing X damage to all nearby units.
Nitroglicerine - tosses a bottle of nitroglicerine at target location, which explodes, dealing X damage to all nearby units, if:
a) there are any units in area of effect (otherwise it lies there as a unit)
b) it is hit
c) anyone passes nearby
d) an explosion (including Demolisher's auto-attack attack!) occurs near it.
Pyromanic Glee - Passive. Restores X mana to the Demolisher when he kills something with an explsion (well, that means any of his attacks =)). With Y% chance (Y is approx. 4% on rank 1 and 16% on rank 4) resets all cooldowns for Demolisher.
Experimental Explosive - Ultimate - Dangerous thing. Never know what will happen. What may happen:
10% - the Demolisher explodes in a fascinating fountain of blood;
15% - the Demolisher deals X damage to everything within 700 range;
15% - the Demolisher unleashes a wave of fire, dealing Y damage to everything in front of him, up to 1000 away.
7% - The new explosive not only works, but it also appears to posses some magical qualities... Every enemy within 1000 range vanishes in a spectacular explosion.
15% - Dud. Nothing happens.
15% - The chunk of explosive falls apart, and the Demolisher quickly puts the smaller chunks into his explosive bottles. Demolisher's attack damage is increased by 100% for 15 seconds.
20% - Unbelievable! It works! The Demolisher manages to toss the explosive before it goes off in his hand, dealing X damage to a random enemy within 700 range and all enemies around it.
2% - The Demolisher is launched into the sky (acidentaly) and slams at random point, dealing Z damage to everything within 700 range of the landing point.
1% - The Demolisher and anything within 1000 range vanish in a tremendous mushroom-shaped explosion.

Mutologist
Another unstable Hero, but of different kind. Also, this one is sci-fi.
Model: Marine (or Witch Doctor, if you keep it fantasy)
Attack speed is average, hits in melee.

Abilities:

Regenerate - Heals target for X and additional X over 10 seconds.
Virulent Mutagen - Deals Y bonus damage to the target. If target dies, it turns into Mutated Spawn (the Spawn hasn't got multiple levels, like Dark Minion). Auto-cast, based off Black Arrows.
Enhancing Mutation - Increases random attribute of the target Hero by 1. Loooong cooldown and huuuuge mana cost.
Prototype Genes - Ultimate. With 33/50% (on ranks 1 and 2 respectively) chance turns the target Hero into a killing machine of doom (not literally) for 30 seconds. With 33/25% turns the Hero into Mutated Spawn.

The thing about Mutologist, is that all his spells only have 60% chance to work as intended. Genetics are a delicate thing. So:
60% - spell works as intended.
5% - in a surge of regenerative mutation target is restored 100% health.
5% - in surge of enhancive mutation target's attributes are increased by 1 each. If target is not a Hero, nothing happens.
5% - target loses 50% health from a noxious mutation.
5% - target dies.
5% - target turns into a Mutated Spawn.
5% - target turns into a hostile Mutated Spawn.
5% - nothing happens.
5% - target becomes invulnerable for 10 seconds, with 100% increased damage and endless mana. After that it dies.

Elementalist
Weak and fragile, Elementalist's strength lies within his summons. 3 of his spells are based off Tornado (channeled summon).
Model: Archmage
Main Attribute: Agility
Low health, slow and weak melee attack, he is not made for combat. High movment speed only proves that (he who runs away, lives to fight another day).

Abilities:
Fire Elemental - Summons a fire elemental (lava spawn model), with powerful long-ranged (800) attack. The Elementalist gains a damage shield for the duration of the summon, dealing damage equal to Elementalist's total health to anyone who hts him.
Elemental's abilities:
Incinerating Surge - blasts enemies in front of the elemental with hungering flames, dealing X damage per target. Maximum range 1000. (Based off Forked Lightning, with Spirit Link lighting)
Living Flame - Passive. Deals X damage to anyone attacking the elemental.
Firestorm - Deals Y damage per second to all enemies within 700 range. Based off Starfall.

Water Elemental - summons a water elemental with a powerful short-ranged (400-500) splash attack. The Elementalist gains a frost shield for the duration fo the summon, rooting in place anyone who hits him and reducing their attack speed by 200%.
Elemental's abilties:
Waterfall - deals X damage to all enemies within 500 range and stuns them for 1 second. Deals double damage and double stun to enemies in the Elemental.
Tidal Wave - unleashes a tidal wave, dealing Z damage to all enemies in its path and healing allies for same amount. Has short range (500) but wide AoE.
Healing Waters - Passive. Periodically heals all allies that stand in the Elemental. (the elemental has no collision size)

Earh Elemental - summons an earth elemental (Mountain Giant model), with stunning melee attack and very large collision size. The Elementalist gains a shield for the duration of the summon, reducing all damage he takes by 95%.
Elemental's abilties:
Stone Shatter - the elemental sacrifices 5% health to summon a Stone Elemental (golem model), which has a bunch of hp, small damage and stunning attack.
Earthquake - mix of Thunder Clap, Howl of Terror and Taunt.
Rock and Stone - Passive. Reduces all damage taken by the Elemental by X. Based off hardened skin.

Air Elemental - Ultimate. Summons an elusive air elemental, which assumes a viage of the Elementalist (Ghost Antonidas model). This spell is not based off Tornado. Air Elemental has all three elemental summon spells (rank 2 of each on rank 1, rank 4 of each on rank 2), allowing two elementals up simultaneously. Elementals' shields affect only the original Elementalist and same shields do not stack. Air Elemental has a 95% chance to totally negate any damage taken (based off hardened skin), but only 1 hp.
Nice work indeed!
But, I have some comments:

Demolisher:
I understand your spells, and most of your spells for the Demolisher is easy to make, but the ultimate is a bit off, since there is just too many possibilities, it would be a too long tooltip, and it would not be so good I think.
Here is how I think it would be good:
Around 50% chance of making it go off.
Around 20% chance of being a dud.
Around 10% chance of self-damage.
Around 10% chance of damaging everything around yourself, including yourself.
5% chance of nuking all enemies.
5% chance of self-death.
I am also a little worried about the friendly-fire attack, since that would give possibilities of killing your teammates...

Mutologist:
The chance of failure for this Hero's abilitys is... Strange.
This would be a huge work in order to make all the things work, such as each time the hero attacks, it would have a small chance of instantly killing the unit...
I do believe in that each spell can have a little "side effect", such as that the minion might turn hostile.

Elementalist:
I am most concerned about this one.
I understand your ideas, but...
How would you like me to actually "buff" the hero? Auras is one way, passive abilitys which is temporarily added is another.
Tell me more about this one.

Thanks for the help! Please comment on this and say what you think!

Level 15
Your change of Demolisher is OK. OFC, he can be used by griefer, but main point was to be a high-damage Hero, which must be used very carefully.

Mutologist is not that hard to make. His attacks have no effects, only abilities. Hence script like
Event - Unit starts effect of an ability.
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to ____.

will work perfectly. OFC, all damage and healing from his abilities will have to be triggered, instead of automatic, but that's not hard.

An ability added would be ok, or else an invisible dummy unit with aura or auto-cast buff, that spawns and despawns with the summon (ofc, his aura/buff has range of like 5 or 10 and the dummy unit spawns right on top of the Elementalist. When the summon dies before summon ends, the trigger should pick every dummy unit near the elementalist and remove from the game. should work OK, i suppose). All three shields are easier to do with buffs/auras, I suppose, so maybe that'd be the optimal way.
Anyway, it's up to you.

Level 8
Mutologist is not that hard to make. His attacks have no effects, only abilities. Hence script like
Event - Unit starts effect of an ability.
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to ____.

will work perfectly. OFC, all damage and healing from his abilities will have to be triggered, instead of automatic, but that's not hard. ( Laserdude: Lets call this one 1)

An ability added would be ok, or else an invisible dummy unit with aura or auto-cast buff, that spawns and despawns with the summon (ofc, his aura/buff has range of like 5 or 10 and the dummy unit spawns right on top of the Elementalist. When the summon dies before summon ends, the trigger should pick every dummy unit near the elementalist and remove from the game. should work OK, i suppose). All three shields are easier to do with buffs/auras, I suppose, so maybe that'd be the optimal way.
Anyway, it's up to you. ( Laserdude: Lets call this one 2)

1. So he has no normal attack? That is easy then, but, I will decrease the ammounts of events a little, as with the Demolishers special.

2. I would say the easiest way is:
Earth Shield: How do you want the damage reduction? Unit - Unit takes damage would require me to add a new event over and over again...
EDIT: Fire shield: Add perma immolation with a short range would work.
Water shield: Buffing the Hero with the Lich Shield (Forgot the name) Should work just fine. And then use the remove all buffs of type to remove it.

Level 15
He has an attack, but attack doesn't proc side effects.

Water Shield - Lich's Frost Armor would work perfectly. You'll just have to adjust Freeze values in Gameplay Constants.
Fire Shield - it's nt immolation. It's more like Thorns Aura.
Earth Shield - could base it off devotion aura with insane amunt of armor. When it's that high, exact percentage doesn't matter.

Level 8
He has an attack, but attack doesn't proc side effects.

Water Shield - Lich's Frost Armor would work perfectly. You'll just have to adjust Freeze values in Gameplay Constants.
Fire Shield - it's nt immolation. It's more like Thorns Aura.
Earth Shield - could base it off devotion aura with insane amunt of armor. When it's that high, exact percentage doesn't matter.

Water Shield: Exactly my idea.
Fire Shield: Ah, good idea.
Earth Shield: Then it will be an uncertain ammount of damage reduction... How about this: Adds 100,200,300,400 armor to the caster, increases with level?

Level 15
It's OK to be uncertain value. If rememebr correctly, armor is a non-linear function, so 100 and 110, for insantce, will give almost the same reduction. Just add 100 armor and that should be enough. Exact value doesn't really matter - what matters is that attacking Elementalist is of little use, while he has an Elemental out.

Level 8
It's OK to be uncertain value. If rememebr correctly, armor is a non-linear function, so 100 and 110, for insantce, will give almost the same reduction. Just add 100 armor and that should be enough. Exact value doesn't really matter - what matters is that attacking Elementalist is of little use, while he has an Elemental out.

True, since it is the "damage reduction" which can be seen by holding your mouse over the armor field of a unit that counts, not the armor itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.