• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes and spell ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making rpg map and i need some ideas, so far i have crusader, berserker and necromancer heros done, theme of map is like living vs undead, so any race that is in lordaeron is an option. Abilities should be mostly based on single target damage spells, passive buffs and stuff like that, because mostly you will fight single or up to three units in group. Spells can be based of str,ag and int or max hp and mana.

Every hero has 5 abilities: non hero one (4 levels), 3 abilities of 5 levels and ultimate 2 levels.

First i need idea for necromancer non hero ability, his regular abilities are raise dead (based of Crypt Lord's beetles, so permanent skeletons in fact), curse, skeletal mastery (buff hp and damage per level of skeletons permanently) and ultimate is mass unholy frenzy. Skeletons will have 2 slots that can use items like weapons and armors, but hp will be maxed at around 900. So i had an idea to have non-hero ability that will increase skeletons max hp if they kill a unit, like 1 lvl of ability will grant them 2 hp, lvl 2 grant 4 hp and so on. But i thought that could be issue since creeps will respawn every minute so you can farm them to infinity. Any idea to balance it or someone has another idea for skill.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have in plan to make heroes like: gilneas worgen, dalaran mage, orc shaman elementalist, rogue based of brigand unit.

Last edited:
Level 6
The skeletons should definitely have a cap on that ability, with the cap increasing with either the spell level or the hero's level.
  • soul infusion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
      • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Necromancer
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Soul Infusion for hero) Equal to 1
          • (Max HP of (Killing unit)) Less than 800
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set Max HP of (Killing unit) to ((Max HP of (Killing unit)) + (Integer((0.01 x (Max life of (Dying unit))))))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Soul Infusion for hero) Equal to 2
              • (Max HP of (Killing unit)) Less than 1000
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set Max HP of (Killing unit) to ((Max HP of (Killing unit)) + (Integer((0.02 x (Max life of (Dying unit))))))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Soul Infusion for hero) Equal to 3
                  • (Max HP of (Killing unit)) Less than 1200
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set Max HP of (Killing unit) to ((Max HP of (Killing unit)) + (Integer((0.03 x (Max life of (Dying unit))))))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Hero level of (Attacking unit)) Equal to 4
                      • (Max HP of (Killing unit)) Less than 1400
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Set Max HP of (Killing unit) to ((Max HP of (Killing unit)) + (Integer((0.04 x (Max life of (Dying unit))))))
                    • Else - Actions
Is this good, checked it and it's working, but don't know if there is any leaks

Level 28
You'd have to ask someone good at triggers.

-

Berserker:

Rage (Passive) After killing an enemy, gains X damage (stacks). Bonus damage is temporary, but the timer is reset every time the berserker kills a unit.

Shove (Active): Deals knockback to a single target unit (allied or enemy).

Fury (Active): Has greatly increased attack speed for X seconds, but has temporarily lowered movement speed after the effect ends.

Smashing Blows (Autocast, Drains Mana): While active, deals additional damage and removes mana equal to Strength.

Carve (Channeling): While active, deals very high damage in a small cone in front of the berserker.

Level 6
You'd have to ask someone good at triggers.

-

Berserker:

Rage (Passive) After killing an enemy, gains X damage (stacks). Bonus damage is temporary, but the timer is reset every time the berserker kills a unit.

Shove (Active): Deals knockback to a single target unit (allied or enemy).

Fury (Active): Has greatly increased attack speed for X seconds, but has temporarily lowered movement speed after the effect ends.

Smashing Blows (Autocast, Drains Mana): While active, deals additional damage and removes mana equal to Strength.

Carve (Channeling): While active, deals very high damage in a small cone in front of the berserker.
maybe i was unclear i have necro, berserker and crusader heroes finished, but i can use those ideas for another heros.

Level 8
For a hero based on the Bandit (melee) model:

- Ensnare (vanilla ability).
- Mug: the bandit deals damage at melee range, if the target is a humanoid, gain gold. If there is PvP mechanics, maybe it also makes the target drop all consumable items. Base it on any single target ability, trigger the damage and gold robbing effects.
- Incapacitate: silences, disarms and heavily slow the target, dealing minor damage and removing ensnare in the process. Units with the incapacitate debuff take more damage from Mug and will lose more gold. Base it on a modified Soul Burn ability (no dps), and trigger the damaging and dispell effects.
- Drunken Bastard: heals the caster, it becomes slowed for some seconds. Base it on Thunder Clap that targets only self. You could either set the damage to 0 and trigger the heal effect but you can also work with a negative damage value (it will heal). You can also base it on Scroll of Speed with negative value, triggering the heal effect.

Last edited:
Level 6
For a hero based on the Bandit (melee) model:

- Ensnare (vanilla ability).
- Mug: the bandit deals damage at melee range, if the target is a humanoid, gain gold. If there is PvP mechanics, maybe it also makes the target drop all consumable items. Base it on any single target ability, trigger the damage and gold robbing effects.
- Incapacitate: silences, disarms and heavily slow the target, dealing minor damage and removing ensnare in the process. Units with the incapacitate debuff take more damage from Mug and will lose more gold. Base it on a modified Soul Burn ability (no dps), and trigger the damaging and dispell effects.
- Drunken Bastard: heals the caster, it becomes slowed for some seconds. Base it on Thunder Clap that targets only self. You could either set the damage to 0 and trigger the heal effect but you can also work with a negative damage value (it will heal). You can also base it on Scroll of Speed with negative value, triggering the heal effect.
nice ideas especially for mugging, about ensnare i could modify it to be aerial shackle casted from dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.