• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Okay, I finally got JNGP 2.
I opened my map with it. I put 2 functions form the header into another trigger, and made them a library.
I saved the map, it gave me an error.
And now I can't open my map anymore!

Please help! (I don't have a recent backup of it >.<)
~It says "Main map file could not be opened"~

Level 12
Yeah, but I had been making this map (until now) in WE. So there isn't any backup in the JNPG's folder x_x
(got JNGP 2 just today)
This is the error that ruined my map!
ErrorMsg.jpg
Seems like the Object data extractor has caused it...

EDIT: I disabled the ODE, and now I was able to save my map properly.
Is there any way I can recover my triggers from the broken map?

Last edited:
Level 12
Actually nevermind.
The map's file size is 1 KB.
No way there would be anything useful left...
4 days of scripting gone to waste :p
At least I had posted parts of what I've made during the last days in the forum here and there, and now I can recover some stuff + it's a bit faster to write code in vJASS + I know how my triggers will end up looking like :)

But I have an offtopic question:
Can I turn off JNGP's "predictings". It's annoying when I want to use a variable "count" and it suggests me "CountLivingUnitsInRect" or something, and when I press enter - my variable's name gets changed..

Level 4
Can't answer your question, but if you are using Windows you might look for a system recovery point, if you are lucky there is one of the last 1-4 days :p

Level 12
Well, I'm glad that Hive keeps the old version(s) of edited posts, I could recover more triggers than I expected :D
Only few remain missing, but most of them can easily be restored.

However, can anyone answer this:
Can I turn off JNGP's "predictings". It's annoying when I want to use a variable "count" and it suggests me "CountLivingUnitsInRect" or something, and when I press enter - my variable's name gets changed..

Level 12
I always email myself a copy of the map every once in a while. That way, my computer could die a horrible death, and I would still have the map somewhere - unless gmail also dies a horrible death, but that is quite unlikely :p I also play decently frequently with a friend, so that also backs it up haha.

Hopefully your project isn't too damage by this, though :/

Level 12
Well, luckily I had a backup from 5 days ago, and I had posted parts of my triggers here an there around the forum.
Recovered about 50% of the triggers I had made from the forum :D
And I had to re-do the rest.
It didn't take me as long to re-create them as it took me to create them, since I already knew how are they supposed to turn out.

And there is even a bright side:
Some of the restored triggers turned out better than I had made them before :)

At the moment I'm back to where I was before losing the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.