• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map file corrupted =( Please help fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was working on my latest map, and it was almost complete.
I saved it and i was just going to add a new trigger when the pc wire accidently moved, and the pc restarted. When it opened, i open World Editor and loaded the map file but it gave me error saying " Map file corupted , could not be read ". Please run checkdisk utility. I ran it but the map still wont open, and give the same error. So i restarted my pc to see if it helps, and at windows startup, it started the checkup thing saying " One of your disk on D (GAMES) needs to be checked for consistency), it ran and it showed that same map, and said something like, map entry truncated and bla bla and then the pc started and i again opened WC3 World Editor and started to browse for that map but the map was not in there. I searched th whole pc but the map file is missing. Please help. I have a "LastReplay.w3g" for that map file and i tested it many times.
The guy on this thread
" http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/main-file-could-not-opened-111106/ "
said, if you test the map, it saves the map somewhere, does anybody know where ? Please help, I was working on this map for about 3-4 months. Please help ! It has to be somewhere, or maybe i could get it from some recovery programme ?

Level 30
This is a bad case indeed, I do think it automatically deleted it when chekced up by the computer because as we know its corrupted. There is no way to recover this I do think so next time, you should remember these following things and maybe make it a habbit so maps of yours will always be in the safe side:

• Always save a backup on your computer. Best choice of WE is JNGP because it automatically saves backup.
  • Dont forget also to put map in your Hive Pastebin to serve also another backup.

I cant help much but maybe try going to you Test folder in Maps and see if you have the latest there. If not, you will have to start again which is painful to say, you've lost the map.

Level 26
Good that you did not test another map in the meantime. Because it could go like this:

3v09b2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.