• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Help to combine Wc3 ver 1.26 with editor compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Corrected the question.
I`m WinXP SP3 and Warcraft3 is 1.26.0.6401. In advance:
-Going to use only 1.26-1.28 versions.
-ONLY solo, NOT for Bnet
So dont you forget this when replying please.

So, i want to combine some ONLY 1.26-1.28 with, as i noticed, with some "comfortable, more features etc" editor like WEX or smth. (if there is considering below):

1. NO codewriting programms please. For ex. native is simple in use: with hints below, easy to figure out how to make what you want, i mean mostly just "clicking" commands.

2. Being 1.26, i wonder if it makes sense to have some 1.27-1.28 !!!. Or is it ok with it. Example:1.28 has no ingame like more tools, improvments, items etc added or it has the same as 1.26 then i dont need it.

3. I beg of you, no complications with side programms. Only 100% working things, with NO proviso. Install, use/play.

4. I notice WEX`likes only get updated, so would be nice to have some older ones.

Last edited:
Level 3
Jass New Gen Pack is your best alternative to WEX in 1.26 and the likes. Some of the newer unit natives in 1.29 are similar to BonusMod by Earth-Fury (get it in Custom Stat System by Doomlord).

You can get the 1.5 version on this site or go to blizzmod for JNGP 2.0

Thank you for reply. But i have corrected my question, please read again.

Level 3
2. Being 1.26, i wonder if it makes sense to have some 1.27-1.28 !!!. Or is it ok with it. Example:1.28 has no ingame like more tools, improvments, items etc added or it has the same as 1.26 then i dont need it.

DONE with it. Thanks to pyf, i found that 1.26 is just nice.

some "comfortable, more features etc" editor like WEX or smth. (if there is considering below):

1. NO codewriting programms please. For ex. native is simple in use: with hints below, easy to figure out how to make what you want, i mean mostly just "clicking" commands.

3. I beg of you, no complications with side programms. Only 100% working things, with NO proviso. Install, use/play.

NOTE: i only need such WEX/JNGP likes ONLY if they somehow improve/add smth the native editor itself. im not going to code at all. Thank you

pyf

pyf

Level 32
For widescreen support only, please use the widescreen fix by @ENAleksey
[RenderEdge] Widescreen Fix

A previous, alternate method to have 16:9 support ingame (but for 1.26a *only*) is to use the D3D8.dll file by @ZUKMAN. You may use it with third-party tweaks to hopefully improve the widescreen experience overall.
- Ingame / cinematics screen in 16/9 for WC3 *1.26a* (thanks to ZUKMAN's dll)
- 3D Opening Screens / Campaign Screens in 16:9
- Animated 3D portraits in 16/9

I personally like the animated trees by @oger-lord, from the Warcraft 3 HQ thread:
Warcraft 3 HQ
(there is also an archive, with reg files to easily enable/disable local files)

I understand that terrainers will want an updated miscdata.txt file:
For those just starting to terrain.

To overcome the 8MB barrier for maps in 1.26a and 1.27a, please use this file by @karaulov:
Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6]

For 1.26a, there is a nice Camera Hack.rar archive somewhere on the web.

Also for 1.26a, there is a nice ManaBars.rar archive somewhere on the web.

For replay compatibility, please use ReplayKit. The last version which works on XP is v1.22 currently, because NierenSchredder kept making a mistake afterwards when he compiles his source code
- ReplayKit v1.28 - Browse /Old Releases at SourceForge.net
(do not forget to download the ReplayKitPatch.mpq file as well)
- ReplayKit - Watch replays from ALL patches without annoying map path problems
(official thread)

Should be a good start, to make the most out of the recent versions of Warcraft which work on Windows XP currently

I personally consider that v1.26a is to be preferred over the 1.27.x ones for the casual XP gamer who wants to play the campaigns. All because of the ambient sounds, which were cut off since v1.27a.

Level 3
Damn You, I`m so Thankful. Very understanding of how to help noobies. You like knew i use square monitor:) I sold widescreen, my eyes just got one to the Moon one to the Mars, damn it. I will use all these links with pleasure.
I personally consider that v1.26a is to be preferred over the 1.27.x ones for the casual XP gamer who wants to play the campaigns. All because of the ambient sounds, which were cut off since v1.27a.
This made me sure for good that 1.26 is very fine.

May Reaper bless you!!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You're welcome.

Fun fact: if one combines v1.26a with:
- d3d8.dll (v3)
- GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix (v6)
- Camera Hack.mixtape
- ManaBars.mixtape
..., then one should get what he/she might be currently vehemently be asking for on the Battle.net forums. That is, decent non-stretched 16:9 ingame screen, no "compressed graphics", no "pillars" and no "black bars", plus adjustable camera view distance on-the-fly.

With d3d8.dll, you will quickly notice that the cursor position does not match the clickable zone, as the distance from the center of the screen increases. Well, this issue never prevented me from beating the game.

Should the stretching of the different cursors for the four races annoy you, you can 'counter-stretch' their MDXs by making them narrower, so that they will display with the correct aspect ratio when you are playing the game. The four files to tweak are:
- UI\Cursor\HumanCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\NightElfCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\OrcCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\UndeadCursor.mdx

You can also tweak the MDXs of the logos for RoC and TFT the same way:
- UI\Glues\MainMenu\WarCraftIIILogo\WarCraftIIILogo.mdx
- UI\Glues\MainMenu\WarCraftIIILogo_exp\WarCraftIIILogo_exp.mdx

For the sake of completeness:
How to play Warcraft III without picture stretching (fullscreen 4:3 on widescreens)
(might be useful for some people, or not)

Level 3
You're welcome.

Fun fact: if one combines v1.26a with:
- d3d8.dll (v3)
- GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix (v6)
- Camera Hack.mixtape
- ManaBars.mixtape
..., then one should get what he/she might be currently vehemently be asking for on the Battle.net forums. That is, decent non-stretched 16:9 ingame screen, no "compressed graphics", no "pillars" and no "black bars", plus adjustable camera view distance on-the-fly.

With d3d8.dll, you will quickly notice that the cursor position does not match the clickable zone, as the distance from the center of the screen increases. Well, this issue never prevented me from beating the game.

Should the stretching of the different cursors for the four races annoy you, you can 'counter-stretch' their MDXs by making them narrower, so that they will display with the correct aspect ratio when you are playing the game. The four files to tweak are:
- UI\Cursor\HumanCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\NightElfCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\OrcCursor.mdx
- UI\Cursor\UndeadCursor.mdx

You can also tweak the MDXs of the logos for RoC and TFT the same way:
- UI\Glues\MainMenu\WarCraftIIILogo\WarCraftIIILogo.mdx
- UI\Glues\MainMenu\WarCraftIIILogo_exp\WarCraftIIILogo_exp.mdx

For the sake of completeness:
How to play Warcraft III without picture stretching (fullscreen 4:3 on widescreens)
(might be useful for some people, or not)

Are all those things like this?:

Only 100% working things, with NO proviso. Install, use/play.

I`m examining every single point you have provided these days, since i`m noob/new to such things.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Are all those things like this?:
Since you are using a 4:3 monitor, you may skip everything related to widescreen support.

Please try one thing at a time, and do not hesitate to ask questions.
I am targeting version 1.26a of the game.

(Re-)introducing War3Loader by @TriggerHappy:
Features (Works on 1.26 and 1.28.1)
  • Works for any graphic renderer that the game uses (D3D8/D3D9/OGL).
  • Remove black bars from behind the UI. This allows you to completely hide the UI with a transparent texture.
  • Widescreen fix. The game view is no longer stretched and you can see more on the screen.
  • JASS operation limit increased by x1000.
  • Custom JASS natives.
It comes with some basic natives for benchmarking.

The latest version, which is also compatible with Windows XP, can be downloaded from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.