• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What version of WE should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, hello again my fellow Warcraft people! As a new mapmaker, I ,yet, have another question. Right now I use Reforged World Editor ( bought it legally), but I recently learnt that if I create my map in Reforged WE, people wo don't have Reforged won't be able to play it. My map is an ORPG genre, so I definetly need to make it accessible to as many people as possible. So is it true, that if I make my map in Reforged WE, people who don't own Reforged Wc3, and lets say play on 1.26 or 1.28 patch won't be able to play it, and only those who have reforged can?

And if it's true, what's the best WE version should I use in your opinion to reach as many people as possible?
Thank you again for all your help!

Level 5
Yes if you made a map with war3 Ref people that have old versions of war 3 will not be able to play your map. Also if you have war3 1.30 you will not be able to play a 1.31 war3 map. Hmm war3 1.27, 1.30 or 1.31
Btw, I tried searching for Wc3 ver 1.28 or 1.27 but is there a site where I can just download World Editor of that version? Or how do I find/revert my World Editor to older version

Level 29
Btw, I tried searching for Wc3 ver 1.28 or 1.27 but is there a site where I can just download World Editor of that version? Or how do I find/revert my World Editor to older version
The complete versions of Warcraft III (non-Reforged) can be found here:

If you attempt to install any versions of non-Reforged Warcraft III without removing the Reforged, you'll have to download and run this tool (Alternatively, delete "Tool Window" item inside "WorldEdit" key):

Status
Not open for further replies.