• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #2 - Great Dark Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still seems a bit too vivid to me, but it's not a big deal. However, I just noticed that his blood is the wrong color in his death anim.
Yeah I honestly forgot to change that colour, but also that stuff is tricky to mess around with and can easy bug the model so I leaving it be as I am proud of this model. sorry

Last edited:
Finished as well Shivarra
1631557052425.png

Done. :)

5 days left.

@Symphoneum what's your progress?
@Bagysta will you finally join this? 🤔
Of course, my model is well advanced but I haven't been able to work on it for at least two weeks ; too much work irl sadly.

Anyway here's my WIP for my Dragonmaw Sky Stalker. I worked on the mount and the rider separately. Here is the mount, the rider is coming soon.
Capture.PNG

Level 8
I would love to see ether the Ethereals, Arakkoa, Draenei, and etc Outland Races for this.

I hope we see a Arakkoa Native Race as well as the Ethereal Race with all kinds of merc units like the Mage, Warlock, Rogue Assassin, and some of their circle tech, Regular Draenei before scary teeth ones, oh and of course Giant Sporemen.

Ethereal_Walk.gif

@Riki @Mr Ogre man Nearly done, just have to polish it up. The final product will have the after-image a lot closer to him but I finally got the animation import to work so I wanted to share my second WIP. I will have the submission in by 11:59 EST (unless something majorly bad happens in the next two hours).

Update 11:49 - Finished, taking screenshots. will upload ASAP

Update 11:56 - It is not visible in the WE. Need to troubleshoot. Submission will be late. I'm really sorry.

Ethereal_WIP4.gif

12:42 AM Update - The sanity checker has no errors. I have repaired a minor bug involving visibility in a single animation. Testing in WE.

12:54 AM Update - Still no luck with the WE. Not sure what the issue is but if I will continue to try to figure it out.

1:16 AM Update - I have no idea what is going on with my model. It works perfectly in RMS and it used to work (up until earlier today) in the World Editor. I have attached a zip file of my submission (because I cannot upload to a resource page until I can get some screenshots from in-game). I understand if this disqualifies me but I am out of ideas TBH. I need to get some rest before work. It might be my WC3 installation but I was able to load other custom models so I don't think it's that. I am very confused.
Essentially, the hero glow shows up on the map but nothing else does. I’ve put it in multiple maps, checked visibility for all materials, run the sanity checker, but there is unfortunately nothing that I can see wrong. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• ethereal_contest_submission.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I will give an extension of 2 more days, hopefully it will help you @Symphoneum.
@Symphoneum I don't think that asking for help for bug troubleshooting is grounds for disqualification. I'll check it once I get back home today, wish me luck.
Thank you both, I really appreciate it. It seems @Z1003 was able to figure out the issue. I exceeded the maximum allowable nodes for an HD model. They pointed out that I do have a lot of unused nodes (which I was unaware of) and sent me an updated model in the RMS discord. I will do some final troubleshooting tonight after work and get the model submitted by the new deadline!

Thank you both, I really appreciate it. It seems @Z1003 was able to figure out the issue. I exceeded the maximum allowable nodes for an HD model. They pointed out that I do have a lot of unused nodes (which I was unaware of) and sent me an updated model in the RMS discord. I will do some final troubleshooting tonight after work and get the model submitted by the new deadline!
Nice! I was just going to download the .zip. I'm glad they solved the issue, I wasn't even aware of it being an issue in the first hand!

Level 6
@Riki @Mr Ogre man Nearly done, just have to polish it up. The final product will have the after-image a lot closer to him but I finally got the animation import to work so I wanted to share my second WIP. I will have the submission in by 11:59 EST (unless something majorly bad happens in the next two hours).
Is the after image going to have that "snap" effect where it slowly drifts away before suddenly rejoining his main body before drifting again?

Is the after image going to have that "snap" effect where it slowly drifts away before suddenly rejoining his main body before drifting again?
Unfortunately no. I do not have time to animate that. However, it will look like the afterimage is absorbed by the body when the ethereal stops moving and then is trying to catch up to the body when it starts moving again.

Ethereal_Walk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.