• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you ever played old games?

Have you done this,

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Tomba! for the PSX was great. Tomba! 2 sucked, but the first was great. And of course, Warcraft 2 is awesome as well, my current project is even a WC3 reincarnation of it. It is the game of my childhood. There are also countless more, like Tekken 3, Alien Storm, James Pond, Micro Machines, the list goes on...

But the old game that rules all games is... Puggsy. If anyone here has played it, they know what I'm saying.

But yes, old games rock. A big reason is that all "new" games are really difficult to get running smoothly. Also, the fact that they had nothing to copy from back then made them all the most innovative games ever.

As the DOSBox website says... "Way more FPS than Counterstrike!"

Level 22
I still play Warcraft III, which is getting pretty old, right?

Also playing some Heroes of Might and Magic III, Sim Tower, and Fire Emblem on the GBA.

Anyway, I sometimes do get sick of people trashtalking older games. But people acting like all older games are better than modern games piss me off as well. There have always been bad and good games, and there always will be. Same goes for everything else.

Last edited:
Level 7
Lemmings is awesome. I never really got far (3rd level or something), but that was a few years ago. I should give it another shot, maybe I'll carve it up now (although probably not).

Level 7
I haven't played any Resident Evil game, I never really figured out what genre they fit in either... I remember reading about a GBC version in a Pocket Gamer mag once, but apparently it sucked.

Level 7
That horror and suspense bit is putting me slightly off, but the action and puzzles bit sounds OK. If I get the chance I might give one of them a go.

Level 22
Lol have you did the glitch?
When you have to revive Jill (you are Carlos) and you must go to the hospital.
You could just proceed to the next place and TADA! We meet another Carlos and our Carlos sounded like a girl (because the game thinks we are Jill)
That was damn funny, but luring the final boss to the laser was to hard.

Level 3
I still play a lot of old games, a lot of them are better than the ones that get out these days since the new ones, in my opinion, mainly focus on graphics. Though there are some fun games like, minecraft and dwarf fortress. :p Oh well more on topic: I played sonic the hedgehog on my sega genesis yesterday :p

Level 15
Old games... That`s the only thing I have in my computer. :D
I play them all the time...

- Age of Empires + Rise Of Rome
- Blood + Plasma Pak
- Blood 2 - The Chosen
- Chasm - The Rift
- Chex Quest 3
- Diablo
- Diablo II
- Doom 2 - Hell On Earth
- Dune 2000