• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Haldan's Dream

HOW DO YOU PREFER THE UNIT CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM?

• 1) Each unit can independently equip items such as Weapon, Armor, and Accessories.

• 2) Each unit has an independent unique Tech Tree to build and improve their Stats and Skills.

• 3) All of the above. Each unit has a Tech Tree and an inventory to equip some items.

• 4) None of the above. The units has static stats and can only be increased by leveling up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Since nobody else is doing it, I'm gonna have to call out this guy on his bullshit. This map has been posted in the Map Development forum multiple times over 4 years under 3 different usernames:
[Campaign] - Elysium Chronicles v.01 (2013)
[Role Playing Game] - Elysium Chronicles OPEN SOURCE (2014)
[Role Playing Game] - Chronicles of Elysium (2015)
[Role Playing Game] - Haldan's Dream (2016, which is this thread)

This guy has been working on this map since 2013 at the very least, which is more than enough time to make a demo. However, what we've seen so far in his videos are just superficial demonstrations of the map's systems instead of actual fucking gameplay, so I'm inclined to believe that he never had a presentable demo to begin with. He still decided to falsely announce that a demo was going to be released soon, which was then followed by a sudden claim that his 'health problems' were disrupting the development of this map

any comments? 3 years of work.
Also, here's a post he made in 2014. If this post is to be believed, then he might have actually been working on this map for 6 years now. It's been 6 goddamn years and this guy still hasn't made anything playable, so I think it's safe to say that this guy has no intention of completing this map at all

Sorry to all of you who were anticipating the release of this map, but you guys just got fucking swindled. I'm not even mad that he's taking his time with the map, rather, I'm annoyed by his blatant ass lies

[Hero Arena] - Lands of Everia
Also here's his newest map, literally the first line of that thread says "Hello my name is Gaspar" which is the username he used in 2013/2014. I'm pretty sure he's going to edit his post when he reads this, though

Level 12
WOW. That's a shocker. Tragic. Is that true then that this is not going to be successful?

I just realized how butthurt I sounded in my post, but I'm just disappointed

It actually seemed like Rasler was making some decent progress on the map, but then he decided to jump ship for no reason. I think this project can be redeemed if he simply apologizes, and we all forgive and forget so he can continue working on the game. Although he would obviously need to stop lying through his teeth in regards to the map's progress, and would also need to work towards adding actual content to the game instead of refining systems endlessly

Either that, or at least give the actual reason for discontinuing the map, and not the bullshit 'health problems' reason

Level 5
Regarding unit upgrade system. Not sure what it is about. Yet I beleive this is very important to get right. Therefore I hastily make a point.

Don't make equippable weapons and armour. There are RTS that do this, mostly historical. And it feels terrbile. The micromanagement is just annoying.

Get inspiration from Dawn of War 1. A player can choose to make an upgrade on unit per unit basis. There are multiple upgrades available, but only one can be enabled at a time. Upgrades like this drastically change the manner the unit behaves. Upgrades aren't simply stat boost.

Level 11
upload_2017-11-20_19-0-56.png

Level 12
@Blake8 : you deserve +4 rep for the picture, but I can only give you +2

a picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it Rasler, not only is the rpg a fraud, but he also banned King Tidus for being angry about it, great going, now everyone will be sure to like and respect you

Level 23
The OP has mentioned he has health problems; i think you guys are not taking health related issues and their effect on a person's life seriously enough. For most people who are working, they will not have as much time and energy for map making as they did when they were younger. If combined with the fact that he has recently suffered health issues, it is completely understandable that we will not see a release soon.

Getting angry at him for thinking he is a fake is childish; i am sure he has his reasons for having made multiple threads for this topic. Calling someone a fraud because they have taken 4+ years to make a map does not belong to the suitable behaviour accepted as the norm for adults. We will all benefit from this project if it is released, even if it takes him another 4 years. The anger being displayed here is not suitable, and it is sad that no-one else is defending the map maker in this thread.

Rasler: I wish you good luck on your project, and even if you do not complete it i think its good for the community to have people work on projects even if they are not necessarily completed.

Level 35
Getting angry at him for thinking he is a fake is childish; i am sure he has his reasons for having made multiple threads for this topic. Calling someone a fraud because they have taken 4+ years to make a map does not belong to the suitable behaviour accepted as the norm for adults.

I concur in regards to anger being unneeded, even if some of the posts relate to how the project was presented as different ones. Still, I believe in a caution approach, and let time tell where this goes.

Level 16
Since nobody else is doing it, I'm gonna have to call out this guy on his bullshit. This map has been posted in the Map Development forum multiple times over 4 years under 3 different usernames:
[Campaign] - Elysium Chronicles v.01 (2013)
[Role Playing Game] - Elysium Chronicles OPEN SOURCE (2014)
[Role Playing Game] - Chronicles of Elysium (2015)
[Role Playing Game] - Haldan's Dream (2016, which is this thread)

This guy has been working on this map since 2013 at the very least, which is more than enough time to make a demo. However, what we've seen so far in his videos are just superficial demonstrations of the map's systems instead of actual fucking gameplay, so I'm inclined to believe that he never had a presentable demo to begin with. He still decided to falsely announce that a demo was going to be released soon, which was then followed by a sudden claim that his 'health problems' were disrupting the development of this map

Also, here's a post he made in 2014. If this post is to be believed, then he might have actually been working on this map for 6 years now. It's been 6 goddamn years and this guy still hasn't made anything playable, so I think it's safe to say that this guy has no intention of completing this map at all

Sorry to all of you who were anticipating the release of this map, but you guys just got fucking swindled. I'm not even mad that he's taking his time with the map, rather, I'm annoyed by his blatant ass lies

[Hero Arena] - Lands of Everia
Also here's his newest map, literally the first line of that thread says "Hello my name is Gaspar" which is the username he used in 2013/2014. I'm pretty sure he's going to edit his post when he reads this, though

That summarizes the whole swindle

Level 23
That summarizes the whole swindle
The only thing it summarizes is one person's subjective opinion of what a swindle is.
"Working on map since 2013, more than enough time to make a demo".
"6 years, no demo, must equal no intention to complete the map."

While opening up multiple threads may seem odd, that is only relevant in the sense that he could be seen as double posting, and is more an indication of wanting more attention for his project. It hardly constitutes fraudulent behaviour.

If you really want to see what "could" come close to being a fraud, i suggest looking at the behaviour of the following hiveworkshop member:
Nanang Kiroh

But even in his case, there may actually be an intention to produce work, despite the fact that such work would be plagiarizing several other map makers' work

Level 12
The only thing it summarizes is one person's subjective opinion of what a swindle is.
this is true, whether or not the 'health problems' thing was a lie can't really be proven, but i still think it's reasonable to be suspicious solely due the fact that he made another map development thread not long after his 'health problems' claim. he obviously made that thread under a different account so i can't really prove that they're the same guy either, but the thread was deleted which raises even more suspicion

anyway i was obviously exaggerating by saying that rasler is a swindler, he's definitely not swimming in $$$$ by developing this map and the most harm that he could possibly do is disappoint the people following the project. i'm just mildly annoyed by the potential dishonesty that's going on here, and by defending him he's just going to keep bullshitting about the map's progress

i encourage rasler to continue working on this but there needs to be less BS. idc if rasler takes all the time in the world to work on this map, but he needs to be more honest as to what his current progress is. As far as I can tell this map is just a pile of systems and no gameplay whatsoever, which is fine I guess but don't fucking say that you have a demo ready if the map is still in an unplayable state lol.......

feel free to prove me wrong by actually releasing the demo, but i don't think there is one

p.s. yeah the pointless shitflinging needs to stop :csad:

Level 16
according to the post he made before leaving he had a demo which would be ready in about a week, and then he just left, this is I mean by fraud, there is no demo, otherwise he would have just released it, or can release it now, and if he doesn't it's all just bullshit aimed at getting attention

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Don't know about being a fraud, but what's obvious is: he started such a great project years ago, and I personally respect that and expect to see such projects again: a map project that considers equality between beauty and uniqueness, not a mere terrain-showcasing map with ripped models here and there just to tease the community and hog all kind of praises without pouring any effort to the gameplay.

Level 35
@Azarus1 I completely agree with you, if @Rasler doesn't release a demo within a week or so this thread needs to be closed

Could just be the sandbox map he released. If he can record a video of it, he should also be able to post it. It might not showcase the entirety of his intentions (God knows that I have a tendency to also only post something when I find it finished enough, even when it is to my own detriment), but it will at the very least give an indication of progress and how far things are.

Level 9
You know for a long time I was a follower of this thread, and actually believed there would be a demo coming out soon and everything, then Rasler says he got sick, I got disappointed, but then n00b called him out on the bullshit, to me this is a fraud -launching a project and baiting people with cool looking game scenes while delivering nothing- basically a fraud to get attention, I 100% agree with Azarus1 and whoever else says that if Rasler does not release the demo within a week or two this topic should be closed and Rasler banned from hive

Level 35
You know for a long time I was a follower of this thread, and actually believed there would be a demo coming out soon and everything, then Rasler says he got sick, I got disappointed, but then n00b called him out on the bullshit, to me this is a fraud -launching a project and baiting people with cool looking game scenes while delivering nothing- basically a fraud to get attention, I 100% agree with Azarus1 and whoever else says that if Rasler does not release the demo within a week or two this topic should be closed and Rasler banned from hive

Do edit your posts so you do not double post, as that is against the rules. Also posting something and never finishing it, isn't a ban offense.

Level 10
@Lord Siler Probably more than 3 times, I was really expecting a demo last time, instead he said he had health problems and left at the last minute; what a load of bs

these types of individuals really irritate me; they think they can do whatever and be forgiven as long as they provide a good excuse

Level 12
I get the feeling the intent of my posts is being misconstrued, here's how I think this situation should be dealt with:
  1. Rasler should continue working on this map, but his updates need to be more substantial. Focus working on the gameplay/content of the game more. Video showcases should be AT LEAST 3 minutes long and should show significant portions of gameplay instead of just showing off flashy systems. This way, there would be sufficient proof that the map is actually being worked on
  2. Rasler needs to make a post as to what the actual progress of the map is, even if there isn't much at all. Staying silent in the matter is probably the worst thing you could do, and I would personally appreciate seeing some honesty (and maybe an apology) for once. I know you're reading this Rasler, fucking do it man:ctwist:
  3. Angry, minimum effort posts need to stop. Your anger is understandable but saying shit like "Rasler should be banned!!1" or "the thread should be closed!!1" is absolutely retarded and less constructive than lying about your map's progress. There isn't much to be gained from slinging insults at Rasler, but there is a project with a lot of potential to be lost if you keep posting discouraging comments. You should all forgive this guy to some degree, but also be A LOT more strict and demand more proof that the map is actually being worked on (see: point #1)
if no demo is released soon. then this project is complete BS, the thread needs to be locked and the op banned
if Rasler does not release the demo within a week or two this topic should be closed and Rasler banned from hive
@Azarus1 I completely agree with you, if @Rasler doesn't release a demo within a week or so this thread needs to be closed
examples of pointless shitposts, please stop. Also Rasler isn't even breaking any site rules so he's not going to get banned

anyway, hope I worded myself more clearly this time. tl;dr, Rasler should continue making the map but should give more proof that he's actually working on it, and there should be less unproductive shitposting

maybe i should have never opened up this can of worms to begin with, but calling rasler out on his lie might just ultimately be for the good of this project. You've probably pissed off a ton of people Rasler, but I personally hope you continue working on this. it looks pretty gud but there needs to be less BS

Level 23
I get the feeling the intent of my posts is being misconstrued, here's how I think this situation should be dealt with:
  1. Rasler should continue working on this map, but his updates need to be more substantial. Focus working on the gameplay/content of the game more. Video showcases should be AT LEAST 3 minutes long and should show significant portions of gameplay instead of just showing off flashy systems. This way, there would be sufficient proof that the map is actually being worked on
  2. Rasler needs to make a post as to what the actual progress of the map is, even if there isn't much at all. Staying silent in the matter is probably the worst thing you could do, and I would personally appreciate seeing some honesty (and maybe an apology) for once. I know you're reading this Rasler, fucking do it man:ctwist:
  3. Angry, minimum effort posts need to stop. Your anger is understandable but saying shit like "Rasler should be banned!!1" or "the thread should be closed!!1" is absolutely retarded and less constructive than lying about your map's progress. There isn't much to be gained from slinging insults at Rasler, but there is a project with a lot of potential to be lost if you keep posting discouraging comments. You should all forgive this guy to some degree, but also be A LOT more strict and demand more proof that the map is actually being worked on (see: point #1)

examples of pointless shitposts, please stop. Also Rasler isn't even breaking any site rules so he's not going to get banned

anyway, hope I worded myself more clearly this time. tl;dr, Rasler should continue making the map but should give more proof that he's actually working on it, and there should be less unproductive shitposting

maybe i should have never opened up this can of worms to begin with, but calling rasler out on his lie might just ultimately be for the good of this project. You've probably pissed off a ton of people Rasler, but I personally hope you continue working on this. it looks pretty gud but there needs to be less BS
I agree with the pointless posts needing to stop, but to be honest, i do not think there is any such requirement for a person to need to have "more substantial updates". It should be completely up to Rasler as to whether he tells us the actual progress of the map.

-On the bright side, he probably will not need to create a new thread for his project, as this current thread is getting so much attention.

Level 8
Just do it Rasler, for Gaspar. LOL.

This 'n00b' user pretty much summarizes a mature aproach to this issue.
On a side note, and as mere opinion, i think that the Map Development forum almost always become a kind of toxic fog when the creator doesn't "deliver" in a somewhat subjetive standart.
I remember that Rasler put a non obligatory donation system of 4 bucks and pretty much failed. Still people took the development of this map extremely serious (but not THAT serious, so to donate 1 buck or w/e), appearing almost like Rasler was working for them, and not for the sake of just doing what he pleases.

Level 7
Feel free to edit, delete, stole, ridicule, learn, ask, play, test, or continue the Map as you want.

I will answer any question about systems or anything you dont understand to continue this.

Just give credit if you used something.

Level 11
Feel free to edit, delete, stole, ridicule, learn, ask, play, test, or continue the Map as you want.

I will answer any question about systems or anything you dont understand to continue this.

Just give credit if you used something.

let's say I want to this map or demo or whatever you call it, how do I go about doing this?

Level 7
The map runs normally without the Mpq files, but, it uses some models that i extra add to mpq files directly. So if you dont use the Mpqs, some models will not show up-

Level 5
Hey Rasler what version of wc do we need to be able to play your demo? I currently use 1.27 because I dont play online, do I have to upgrade to 1.28 to play it?

Level 7
Hey Rasler what version of wc do we need to be able to play your demo? I currently use 1.27 because I dont play online, do I have to upgrade to 1.28 to play it?
I use 1.27. I dont know if it runs well in 1.28.

Status
Not open for further replies.