• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Haldan's Dream

HOW DO YOU PREFER THE UNIT CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM?

• 1) Each unit can independently equip items such as Weapon, Armor, and Accessories.

• 2) Each unit has an independent unique Tech Tree to build and improve their Stats and Skills.

• 3) All of the above. Each unit has a Tech Tree and an inventory to equip some items.

• 4) None of the above. The units has static stats and can only be increased by leveling up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
You could keep it nice and small at first, see how it goes i guess?!

One never knows how much attention even the best quality content might attract.

Level 7
You could keep it nice and small at first, see how it goes i guess?!

One never knows how much attention even the best quality content might attract.

If it hit 50 players or testers, i will finish the proyect. This is a transition campaign. So you can play forverer.

Level 11
MY GOD.

Your videos are stunning. It's so... *insert awesome adjectives here* until when I look back at my own project I started questioning myself about my own skills LOL.. I need to kowtow upon you and ask you to be my master!

I'm definitely following this!

More in-game shots would definitely cause a tremor in the Hive. =)

More, more, MORE!

Level 7
MY GOD.

Your videos are stunning. It's so... *insert awesome adjectives here* until when I look back at my own project I started questioning myself about my own skills LOL.. I need to kowtow upon you and ask you to be my master!

I'm definitely following this!

More in-game shots would definitely cause a tremor in the Hive. =)

More, more, MORE!

Many thanks. In this days, i update some things and the result is quite impressive. I need support forthe proyect

Level 21
Quite obviously your art direction is pretty unique, playful and charming.
I'm not sure that this is my cup of tea, but still it sparked my interest.

So all in all you have 1 more tester here.

Level 7
Quite obviously your art direction is pretty unique, playful and charming.
I'm not sure that this is my cup of tea, but still it sparked my interest.

So all in all you have 1 more tester here.

People like you helps me a lot to go forward. Thanks

Level 2
This looks really sick! Really looking forward to how this will work out. If you ever need a tester there's one here.

Level 7
This looks really sick! Really looking forward to how this will work out. If you ever need a tester there's one here.

Thanks tilree!, now im looking for support and inspiration to go forward! This will be an incredible game i can assure that

Last edited:
Level 7
Great Looks awesome!!
Thanks for Reading sluk! what do u guys think i have to put more emphasis? and what ideas can you bring to it? what do you dislike and want to remove from game?

Last edited:
Level 10
what do u guys think i have to put more emphasis? and what ideas can you bring to it? what do you dislike and want to remove from game?
Well i am Always more in to lore and environment
gameplay is something where i should before discussing
but as you said there i do think its close to its release, right?

i am Always been a big fan of dark/realistic medieval settings but i dont think this project is aiming for that.
And all of those features man it looks awesome
but what do you keep in mind as story and main game focus?

Level 7
Well i am Always more in to lore and environment
gameplay is something where i should before discussing

but as you said there i do think its close to its release, right?

i am Always been a big fan of dark/realistic medieval settings but i dont think this project is aiming for that.
And all of those features man it looks awesome
but what do you keep in mind as story and main game focus?

I will be honest, since I started the project, I focused and prioritized more the graphic style, the gameplay, the systems in terms of an open world is, and above all, the possibility of
connecting multiple maps and that you can transit between Them retaining all the progress of the game. Like an MMO but offline. As for history, the position I have is to keep the mystery
as much as possible, a dark world full of secrets.

I am fascinated with the themes that contain mystery, unresolved stories that you are discovering with the progress of the game, and the connection with myths, ancient cultures and mysteries of the universe. I think you'll like it too, except for the realistic part, as this has magic dyes and a visual art similar to Bastion and Final Fantasy.

Level 2
Will there be some fotage/screenshots of a boss fight or something? I would love to see more of the combat system :)

Level 7
i hope it wont fail as bad as No mans sky did ;P
The system of variation of planets is based on the idea of that game, in fact, I use an algorithm to generate different flora, fauna, vegetation, temperature and climate for each planet. It really is going to be a very good and diverse game, and it will not fail as No man sky ajaj

Level 7
Don't worry, you're getting our attention, we're just waiting for some juicy bits! LOL
Thanks Neruvatar, i wish more people could support me. Now I am redesigning the combat system, the traditional method of fighting seemed rather boring, simple, linear and did not allow to exploit all the characteristics of the game. My idea always was that the player can choose his team of fight constituted by a maximum of 3 units. Something like Pokemon, but in real time, but you can only handle 1 unit and the other 2 helped by an AI. But seeing it better, I realized that it was nothing special, so I'm creating a turn-based fighting system. It is not finished yet, but it really is a lot more fun and complex.
But I do not know if people will like it.

Level 11
Turn-based? That's new in warcraft I think. Well it depends! If it's multifaceted and each move is more strategic than before, then I guess this adds more challenge and replayability. Don't you think so?

I think you can first come up with a test map, then you slowly improve it.

My project has yet to reach a status where a test map is available. I'm twitching here and there too, but not as pro as you. HAHA. Well, does that cheer you up? I already fallen in love with your scenery. =)

Level 7
Looks really good! Do you have a release date in mind?

Due to multiple orders, I will try to upload some updates to show here in the forum to inform the progress. The release date is somewhat distant, but I will work on some test map. The drawback I'm having right now is that one of my methods to save time loading the map (for so many tests) was to add all the models, icons, and other direct to the MPQ file, so that you can test the game, i will have to distribute the MPQ file in order to load the same files. Or failing that, I would have to extract all the used files from the mpq and reload them to the map as imported files, which would take me a long time. Plus, this is a transition map campaign (Lots of maps connected), maybe is easier to make a universal mpq where the maps can use the files it needs directly from the mpq, and do not repeat them on each map to lighten the weight. Although that would make this project a mod, right? Headache.

Level 7
This has got to be one of the most beautiful wc3 maps I've ever seen, when will it be ready for release

Someone has good taste here. If you liked the game atmosphere, you will love battle mechanics. I hope reléase an alpha versión in a couple of days.

Level 7
Thats what I'm asking, I think this has been in the works for like a year now
sorry guys, i dont want to release a demo with bugs or systems broken, maybe i can upload videos to show you progress is that okey?

Level 7
I need a video like 5 minutes of Haldan's dream
a video sounds good, but it has to be longer than a 1 or 2 min clip

I'm having problems with the weight of the videos I record, anyway I just upload a small sample of how the combat system is going. I hope you like it,
sorry for the low resolution and some visual details that are not very presentable but it's a pre-alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.