• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Gui system! what do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi! Iv started to create my own spells system (inspired by paladon :))

What would you like you to see in it? I was thinking of adding.
collision and maybe knockback, due gui´s ineffiency more stuff might cause more lagg....so meh...

So far you can do the following with the system:
- create cones
- create novas
- change speeds/duration of the effects
- change delay of the effects
- create strairght line missile

And here is a picture of it. Maybe this will begin new era of gui spells :)

Attachments

• Spell system.jpg
    Spell system.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Spell system 2.jpg
    Spell system 2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Level 13
I since worked on a system which allows you to call a custom battle mode if an enemy encounters. The battle mode reminded to final fantasy and such.
But whatever, i haven´t the time to continue on it.
Maybe you may create something similar?

Nah. I just want to do spell system. Maybe even adding somekind of shield spells system or something.

Level 18
@ Paladon: What kind of system do you mean? Just the turn-based ATB Gauged battle system? If so: I posted a tutorial for that on THW. It's completely GUI, so very easy ^^

@ TheBloodDancer: Why JASS? You can make it just as easily in GUI with ability buttons or text messages like '-make multiboard Test' (creates the multiboard), '-Make size 11 03' (Changes size to 11 rows and 3 columns), etc. JASS is more work then it's worth and half of the people don't know any JASS.

Level 22
Avator, cause in jass, if i create a function, that takes such, i can just
  • Custom script: call CreatMultiBoard(This is a multiboard, 600, 200, 4, 6, true, 0)
Or such.
That would create a multiboard called This is a multiboard, 600 broad, 200 heigh, 4 rows, and 6 collumns. And it should be shown to player red.

Its easier than making all of thoose actions in GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.