• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI]Poison Orb requested![MUI]v1.2

Reactions: lovelyangel
Hello again, as I'm fixing my old spells I thought requests are no big deal so made a few to but this one was the one MUI so ... ya and also it was a poison spell which I loooove! :) <3

Requested by cl0s3dyy.

About The Spell
Poison Orb v1.0
Name: Poison Orb
Effect: Creates a poison orb at the chosen area. The orb poisons every enemy that gets near it for x seconds, slowing them and damaging them over time.
Level 1: Orb stays for 3 seconds, it has 300 AoE, the poison does 20% slow and 40 damage every second.
Level 2: Orb stays for 4 seconds, it has 400 AoE, the poison does 25% slow and 75 damage every second.
Level 3: Orb stays for 5 seconds, it has 500 AoE, the poison does 40% slow and 100 damage every second.
Information
Spell is fully MUI and can be changed as you want to in the object and ofc trigger editor. Not so advanced spell thought but it's still requested so care about that. Easy to figure out with the documentation, isn't so low as you think ;)
In-game Screen but it's better to just test the spell inside the test map! :)
poisonorbnewscreen.jpg

Current Version and updates
v1.0 Released
v1.1 Remove the orbs sound set, added area of effect special effects :) , changed dummy size just a little and added a preload trigger
v1.2 Small custom script line moved to line below, thanks to kingz
Model used by General Frank, credit for that.

If you want to use this spell, change it how much you want just credit baassee, cl0s3dyy and General Frank.

regards

~baassee

Keywords:
poison, orb, dps, damage, over, time, mui, mpi, baassee, cl0s3dyy
Contents

Poison Orb v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
21:10, 22nd Sep 2009 Deuterium: Great spell and definitely worth using if you're searching for something like this. A well triggered MUI GUI spell with great effects. Indexing is good and I don't mind it; however, I'd advice using a dynamic...

M

21:10, 22nd Sep 2009
Deuterium:
Great spell and definitely worth using if you're searching for something like this. A well triggered MUI GUI spell with great effects.

Indexing is good and I don't mind it; however, I'd advice using a dynamic indexing method instead.

And just as a little snippet:
  • Set PO_TempPoint[PO_Index[3]] = (PO_TargetPoint[PO_Index[3]] offset by (Random real number between 100.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
  • Set PO_MovePoint[PO_Index[3]] = (PO_TargetPoint[PO_Index[3]] offset by (Random real number between 100.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
This leads to a more dense selection towards the center of the disc than at the edges. But it actually suits this spells so never mind it.

Level 17
baassee's new spell :) let's start...

The Spell:

[+]

1. Well done tooltips and documentation on how to import.

2. I like the orb!

3. Nice idea; simple and creative. Can come in handy.

4. Triggers are very detailed! There's no way a person can't read such triggers. Thus, easy to adjust.

[-]

5. Adjust the orb's sound. An orb making "frog" sounds seems weird.

[..]

6. Maybe you can add some areal special effect on the area which the orb affects. You know DotA's Acid Spray? Something like that...

Very well done spell! Great job baassee!

Level 22
baassee's new spell :) let's start...

The Spell:
[-]

5. Adjust the orb's sound. An orb making "frog" sounds seems weird.

[..]

6. Maybe you can add some areal special effect on the area which the orb affects. You know DotA's Acid Spray? Something like that...

hmm forgot the sound, thx :)

area effect eh? ... will see what I can do ;)

ty for comment

Level 25
I "looped" through your triggers and seen no more mistakes...

[offtop]
This is irrelevant to the spell itself but is good for triggers that you use in the test map(Preload,Level up,Start).
Adding this:
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
As their last actions will destroy them and make the game run faster and it won't effect the spells due to the fact they are runed only once and never again.
Well hope you don't forget that for the future spells/maps you make ;)

Level 17
well what i had in mind, was a greenish & cloud-ish special effect over the area, but dont know if that's doable without imports... and second, what you did already seems great! :D
so i guess no need to change that ;)

EDIT:
haha i found what you posted in the 1.3 version about the CloudOfFog model, that's EXACTLY what i had in mind! :p

Level 17
Ooo this was back when I was msaeed :p now you get Deuterium's review ;)

Deuterium's Brief Review:

Great spell and definitely worth using if you're searching for something like this. A well triggered MUI GUI spell with great effects.

Indexing is good and I don't mind it; however, I'd advice using a dynamic indexing method instead.

And just as a little snippet:
  • Set PO_TempPoint[PO_Index[3]] = (PO_TargetPoint[PO_Index[3]] offset by (Random real number between 100.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
  • Set PO_MovePoint[PO_Index[3]] = (PO_TargetPoint[PO_Index[3]] offset by (Random real number between 100.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
This leads to a more dense selection towards the center of the disc than at the edges. But it actually suits this spells so never mind it.